Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I just had my first issue with these today. Customer went from Standard width Rubicon axles to Fusion 72" axles and the rear sensors will no longer register. He also has beadlocks with a 3.5" BS(Same wheels he had before but in 8 lug)
In his instance I'm sure the sensors are too far away from the "antenna" causing the issue...
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@TTEChris is spot on with the Method wheels, I have a full set of Method MR312’s with a -12 offset and my sensors are buggy, I currently have one bad one and the others have a mind of there own, I will be replacing all of them soon and if they continue to give me fits I have a permanent fix and that’s gonna be pull all 5 or turn off with my Taser

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just an FYI, I got those also. Had them installed a Discount tire on my 37" Nittos and Icon Wheels. They could not get them to pick up. The jeep wouldn't recognize them. The only thing I can think is that they are too far away from whatever picks them up. I just turned them off with the tazer. Next time I go in for rotation, I will probably pay the $60 each for discount tires. :(
Not sure replacing with the ones from DT will do the trick as they will still be to far back from the receiver due to the wheel configuration if you have a high negative offset that pushes the wheel out.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have stated this before somewhere else but the issue is not with the sensors but the issue is with Jeeps transmitter. It is too weak, can work sometimes for some people and not for others based on lift, tire size, how many ply the tire is etc etc etc. Until Jeep realizes the issue and replaces the module to read, you are banging your head. Try one set, if it works great, if not then the others aren’t. The problem is the signal strength is so weak that it can still receive the tire pressure on a random tire rotation but if the system doesn’t see each rotation then the TPMS warning light will remain on. This is what I get with my set up. Accurate tire pressure but the light is always on. I use the Tazer to just turn it off. I hate to see the warning light.

We have played with this a bunch. Every TPMS sensor made that will fit the JL.

INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Any experience here with the Mobiletron More TPMS sensor. Thought if I go with a little higher "price" it may... be slightly better quality? (yes extremely doubtfull) :[ TX-S033L and TX-S033R

Keywords: mobile tron mobiltron tx S033 S033R S033L so33
MOBILETRON 4-Pack 433MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System Sensors (Clamp-in) Pre-Programmed for Alfa Romeo/Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat/Infiniti/Jeep/Lotus/Mercedes/Maserati/RAM/Saab | TX-S033L/R-4
from Ama$on

Also just curious what experiences with mounting yourself here? (actually mounting tire on rim) (havent searched forum yet)
Looking for some good nylon coated tire bars, but havent found yet (to protect rims)

Last edited:

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have stated this before somewhere else but the issue is not with the sensors but the issue is with Jeeps transmitter. It is too weak, can work sometimes for some people and not for others based on lift, tire size, how many ply the tire is etc etc etc. Until Jeep realizes the issue and replaces the module to read, you are banging your head. Try one set, if it works great, if not then the others aren’t. The problem is the signal strength is so weak that it can still receive the tire pressure on a random tire rotation but if the system doesn’t see each rotation then the TPMS warning light will remain on. This is what I get with my set up. Accurate tire pressure but the light is always on. I use the Tazer to just turn it off. I hate to see the warning light.

We have played with this a bunch. Every TPMS sensor made that will fit the JL.
Any experience here with the Mobiletron More TPMS sensor. Thought if I go with a little higher "price" it may... be slightly better quality? (yes extremely doubtfull) :[ TX-S033L and TX-S033R

Keywords: mobile tron mobiltron tx S033 S033R S033L so33
MOBILETRON 4-Pack 433MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System Sensors (Clamp-in) Pre-Programmed for Alfa Romeo/Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat/Infiniti/Jeep/Lotus/Mercedes/Maserati/RAM/Saab | TX-S033L/R-4
from Ama$on

Also just curious what experiences with mounting yourself here? (actually mounting tire on rim) (havent searched forum yet)
Looking for some good nylon coated tire bars, but havent found yet (to protect rims)
Things were so much simpler back in the day when everybody carried a tire pressure gage in their glove box and checked pressures once a month.

They have just over engineered all vehicles these days with all of these electronics and it’s all because we demand more and more electronics so we can text, talk, surf the net and then want vehicle reports monthly, built in navigation ..... lord forbid we break out a road atlas and be forced to read a map

Bossrubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur, 1950 m38

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella

Darkpints

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL unlimited Sahara

Sponsored

@minutemen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '20 JLUR
Hate to beat a dead horse but...
Looking to order Mopar sensors. Looked up parts by VIN and this is what came up. Neither the part number nor the price is familiar. Can anyone confirm this is the sensor that currently comes on the 2020 JLUR? In addition, has anyone ordered from this specific website?

upload_2020-3-11_23-50-58.png

psuntlion

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Camaro ZL1 1LE, BMW M3, R1250GSA
Those eBay sensors worked great for me! Installed on Fuel Covert wheels with 37" BFG KO2s.

Reactions: eck

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
Here is some information from google searching the TPMS Operating Frequency for Jeep JL which is what really matters. If the operating frequency isn't correct, your system will not match up to it regardless of where you sourced it, what country it was made in, or what model jeep you are matching.

433 MHz for years 2013-2020. Years 2009 & 2010 use both 315 MHz and 433 MHz frequencies.

For the 2009 and 2010, I don't know if that means it will read both, or that they system could be one or the other depending on when it was built. Probably one or the other but not both. Your original sensors should have the operating frequency printed on them I would think.

So - It looks like the 2013-2020 are all the same at 433 MHz which includes both some JK and all JL models, but not ALL JK models.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to beat a dead horse but...
Looking to order Mopar sensors. Looked up parts by VIN and this is what came up. Neither the part number nor the price is familiar. Can anyone confirm this is the sensor that currently comes on the 2020 JLUR? In addition, has anyone ordered from this specific website?

upload_2020-3-11_23-50-58.png
I called my local dealer and verified that my 2020 JLUR has a new part # for the TPMS, they are about 1/2 the price as the older JLs. Similar for the 2020 JT. It is a different part number and cheaper.

here is the Part number I was told matched my 2020:
68402371AA

I have a set of 5 on order (they were not in stock).
Sponsored