Sponsored

Soft Top Winter Storage (not just windows)?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The shed is filled with rodent deterrent plus one of the best mousers in the state is a member of the family , meet SHANTI , she weighs in at 14 lbs and is detrimental to local rodents health !
IMG_0819.JPG
:like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
I used the same idea / hardware as others here. Windows in the storage bag laying flat on a shelf. How deep are they? I went to a couple hardware stores yesterday just looking for similar hooks to screw into my garage studs, but I couldn't find anything deeper than 7 inches. I know, 7 inches would normally be adequate. At least, that's what I've been telling myself.

View attachment 242759

96D29820-74F7-4A0D-8529-E5A0BB43765A.jpeg
Where did you get those hooks from?! (the one holding the soft top)

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Mine lays flat on my Racor hard top hoist. While I have a storage bag for the winows, I kept the long brown box that the windows came in and lay the box on top of the top.

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
@bpdunsta is correct; I bought them at HD. They are plenty deep enough.
Thanks! Just ordered them. I was going to hoist the top, but I've got room on the garage wall and it seems way easier.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
15723566979404775970475029163092.jpg

Where my hard top sits in the summer. Windows are up there in the mopar storage bag which is awesome. No sagging with it at all so far.

Never seen a mouse walk on the ceiling so should be good there. After those little fuckers chewed through my trans am $300 car cover and made a house in my air filter i always set traps too.

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Mine lays flat on my Racor hard top hoist. While I have a storage bag for the winows, I kept the long brown box that the windows came in and lay the box on top of the top.
Can you take a picture? When I tried putting mine on top of the Racor, I could not get it to sit right. Had to have one of the “arms” kinda hanging....which would make it so I couldn’t easily use the lift to remove the hardtop should Mother Nature allow it.

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Can you take a picture? When I tried putting mine on top of the Racor, I could not get it to sit right. Had to have one of the “arms” kinda hanging....which would make it so I couldn’t easily use the lift to remove the hardtop should Mother Nature allow it.
On the bottom of the Racor sits the top on its side and facing it is the Freedom top storage bag. The the space between the two, I laid the plastic track panels that the top slides on. On top of that sits the original box that the side/rear windows came in. And yes on top of that sits the snap in carpet for our boat along with two bow filler cushions.

Hope that helps.

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
On the bottom of the Racor sits the top on its side and facing it is the Freedom top storage bag. The the space between the two, I laid the plastic track panels that the top slides on. On top of that sits the original box that the side/rear windows came in. And yes on top of that sits the snap in carpet for our boat along with two bow filler cushions.

Hope that helps.
Maybe I’ll give it another go this weekend. Thanks for the pictures!
Sponsored