Return of deposit?

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I put a $10k deposit on an AMG Mercedes a few years back, for a certain color. Mercedes ended up dropping that color at the last minute. I asked for my deposit back, and I had the check in my hand the next day.
Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I put a $10k deposit on an AMG Mercedes a few years back, for a certain color. Mercedes ended up dropping that color at the last minute. I asked for my deposit back, and I had the check in my hand the next day.
That's the way it should be when it's the dealer's or the manufacturers fault. Not always true when it is the customer who changes their mind.

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
What two VWs do you own now?
I have a 2012 Golf, and a 2015 GTI. The Golf platform is very solid. I had a Jetta Diesel wagon before those- aside from the criminal games VW played with the emissions, it was an amazing vehicle, too. VW Passat before that, also solid save for a bad waterpump at 60K

I lemon'd a 2002 Infinity G35- gorgeous car, but bad manual transmission!

This thread has been very helpful- hearing the positive stories weigh in. I'm looking forward to my Sahara Altitude!

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
I have a 2012 Golf, and a 2015 GTI. The Golf platform is very solid. I had a Jetta Diesel wagon before those- aside from the criminal games VW played with the emissions, it was an amazing vehicle, too. VW Passat before that, also solid save for a bad waterpump at 60K

I lemon'd a 2002 Infinity G35- gorgeous car, but bad manual transmission!

This thread has been very helpful- hearing the positive stories weigh in. I'm looking forward to my Sahara Altitude!
Direct injection VW platform is horrific to maintain...

Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sting-Gray
Sometimes it's good to go back to the beginning and start with "why." Why did we decide to order a Wrangler in the first place? Just a guess, but maybe the idea of owning one simply made us happy? Whether it be hitting the trails or a simply dropping the top and just sassing our asses around town, the goal here is to simply be happy.

While there are some unfortunate stories posted on this forum, let's not let them get us down or worried. Quite frankly, we should celebrate those stories and thank the kind people that have shared them. Why-you may wonder? Because these stories have provided us knowledge, and you know what they say regarding knowledge, right? One of the best examples is the "delivery check list" put together by some kind person(s) that took these experiences and developed a plan to help us be better prepared with what? Yep, you guessed it, knowledge. So let's don't fret over the possibility of issues, instead let's embrace them by reminding ourselves of how much we've learned while on our purchasing journey. And, "if" any issue(s) arise, because of the knowledge we've gained, we are now in a much better position to put these issues into perspective then deal with them accordingly.

I look forward to ordering my JLU very soon. Why? Because I will be sassing my ass around town, and one thing is for damn certain, I will be happy doing so! :)

So, why did you order your Wrangler?

#enjoythejourney

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

my cousin ordered a brand new $50k tacoma which he had to lemon law. turned around and bought another one lol. and that's from the almighty Toyota himself! so yeah any vehicle can have issues. some makes are just more known for it.

no issues with my 2018 Wrangler Sport. then again, roll up windows dont typically fail lol. no steering issues or anything. which is why im hesitant to lift it (parts in the garage just waiting...)

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
my cousin ordered a brand new $50k tacoma which he had to lemon law. turned around and bought another one lol. and that's from the almighty Toyota himself! so yeah any vehicle can have issues. some makes are just more known for it.

no issues with my 2018 Wrangler Sport. then again, roll up windows dont typically fail lol. no steering issues or anything. which is why im hesitant to lift it (parts in the garage just waiting...)
Uh oh, you said the "L" word, now you will hear the drums, like from Jumanji, slowly beating louder and louder until you actually BLEEP it. :)

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Don't go by all the problems. I had the steering problem, but it was fixed pretty quickly. I had a Mercedes GLK350 SUV, but am very happy with the 2018 JL Sahara. I enjoy it much more than the Mercedes. Just not happy about all the waving that goes on though.

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Don't go by all the problems. I had the steering problem, but it was fixed pretty quickly. I had a Mercedes GLK350 SUV, but am very happy with the 2018 JL Sahara. I enjoy it much more than the Mercedes. Just not happy about all the waving that goes on though.
Just wondered if you wave to other bikers?

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondered if you wave to other bikers?
I do, but you have to understand waving to other bikers is much different than waving to other Jeep owners. If you have a bike you understand the difference.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I do, but you have to understand waving to other bikers is much different than waving to other Jeep owners. If you have a bike you understand the difference.
Does the Road King I traded in on the Soft Tail Deluxe which I traded in on my Electra Glide count? :)

I don't see much difference, really. I kind of put it in the category that if you are riding a Harley you only wave at other Harleys: no ricers allowed. That's BS in my book. If it's on two wheels, I give the two finger down wave. Period.

So what's the difference to you? One motorcyclist to another is so much different than one Wranglerist to another?

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Road King I traded in on the Soft Tail Deluxe which I traded in on my Electra Glide count? :)

I don't see much difference, really. I kind of put it in the category that if you are riding a Harley you only wave at other Harleys: no ricers allowed. That's BS in my book. If it's on two wheels, I give the two finger down wave. Period.

So what's the difference to you? One motorcyclist to another is so much different than one Wranglerist to another?

Let me educate you then. Harley riders wave to each other because its an acknowledgement that we are willing to take the risk of dying for the enjoyment of riding in the open air. We know every time we get on that motorcycle we may not return home and end up in a hospital or worse yet a morgue. But, what we get from riding a motorcycle is worth the risk. So, its an acknowledgement of that risk. We know we could drive a car and be safe, but we choose, based on the open road experience to take that risk which a 'cager' would not understand, or be willing to take.

Can this be said for Jeeps? No. The only reason a Jeep rider waves is because they see someone that bought the same vehicle. We are still 'cagers', we still have the safety of airbags, seat belts, and body frames to protect us.

Many crotch rockets have proven themselves to be unsafe on the road. So, I can see why some people won't wave to them. Why would I want to wave to someone that will put my life in danger for some stupid antics of weaving in and out of traffic, chasing people in cars and beating them, break the rules of the road at almost every turn. No thanks. They do more damage to the biker reputation, and for that, no, I don't wave.

and who trades a Road King in for a Softail Deluxe? Isn't that going backwards?
Sponsored