Not open for further replies.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Doesn’t look like I’m gonna make it this time...:(.
I’m working on it but I’ve got a house coming up starting the first of the year, and it takes me close to a year to do one, since I do most of the work myself.

But I have a small request, and I know I don’t speak for everyone, but I’d like to see more of the actual wheeling pictures. I lived out in AZ for 20 years, 20 years ago, and have seen all the beauty.....:giggle:.

But if you and @RubiRob and @Martindfletcher, and the like could post some action shots that would be awesome....:rock:
I understand if you can’t for some reason. But I’m a wheeler and that’s what I got my rig for, so you can understand my envy.....:)
Wallweb I think had a lot of pics. I suck at for stopping photos. At some point in my life I got tired of watching it through a screen. I am sure we have a lot more than we posted.
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
You are welcome to go to Moab with me when ever you want. I don’t do EJS because of the crowds and posers running peeps over, but I’m going in May. Here’s ya a couple of my past Moab wheeling pics to tide you over.

39D0298C-7F3A-471A-BB14-29D12EE27394.jpeg
8AC0A6E8-F773-4255-BF19-6EAE61B0D71D.jpeg
33848564-9685-4A09-AEFB-2F0F9C3DE685.jpeg
honestly we hit trails on ejs off days and only on part of poison spider did we deal with a massive back up. Otherwise we did ok. If you go with the groups I suspect it’s a long slow frustrating day.

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
We are going for 5 days, got our reservations at Moab Valley RV Resort! Been 3 years since we went during the EJS. Can't wait.

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
I need to confirm exact dates with my wife, but we are in. We plan stopping at Zion on the way there and assuming no material mechanical issues we will hit sand hollow in hurricane Utah on the way back to San Diego. If anyone is interested in that.
As of today, we plan on attending, was great wheeling with you guys (and gals) and look forward to another run at it.
We traded our 2005 toyhauler in on a 2015 40' fifth wheel toyhauler so we will definitely stay in it instead of a motel.
Same goes for a Rubicon run next summer. :like:

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
As of today, we plan on attending, was great wheeling with you guys (and gals) and look forward to another run at it.
We traded our 2005 toyhauler in on a 2015 40' fifth wheel toyhauler so we will definitely stay in it instead of a motel.
Same goes for a Rubicon run next summer. :like:

We have a reservations in Moab Monday the 6th and leave Saturday the 11th. What months work for rubicon for you? I’m thinking July or August or maybe September during the week.

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
honestly we hit trails on ejs off days and only on part of poison spider did we deal with a massive back up. Otherwise we did ok. If you go with the groups I suspect it’s a long slow frustrating day.
this is my fear.

i have the time off and the means to get there for EJS, but i want to wheel, i dont want to wait in a line all day.

everything i've heard is that its a waiting game, and EJS has the other trails marked off for their use only.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
this is my fear.

i have the time off and the means to get there for EJS, but i want to wheel, i dont want to wait in a line all day.

everything i've heard is that its a waiting game, and EJS has the other trails marked off for their use only.
We did poison spider early in the morning and there was not a lot of people out there at all. But if you go back the way you came, insane backup and lines. Like 40+ Jeeps waiting to go up where you're coming down. You'd probably be better doing the triple threat and come out the other end.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I also don’t like the crowds in town either. Busy enough during a normal week. All the fun spots like the Moab Brewery, or even the City Market grocery store are a zoo!

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Ugh I still need to find a place to stay and at least someone to ride with me.

Really wanna do elephant Hill this time, might be too big of a dream but would be awesome.
I'd like to hit Elephant Hill as well.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh I still need to find a place to stay and at least someone to ride with me.

Really wanna do elephant Hill this time, might be too big of a dream but would be awesome.
you can run Elephant Hill alone. At that time of year there will be enough people out there that you won't be alone anyway. Be sure to get you permit in advance in case it's over-full. I think the earliest you can do is 24 hours, but you can double check that online at the NPS Canyonlands website. Permits for EH are free.

Sponsored

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
We were having dinner one night in moab and there was a group sitting at the table next to us. One woman was talking about closing down the trails to hiking and biking only and how she plans to politically get it done. It was hard to mind my business but at the end of the day, Offroad vehicles bring in too much money to that small town to close it down.
there's a lot of kooks like that here, they don't understand the money involved in events like EJS, which is the largest event of the year. The other one is Rally on the Rocks, an ATV event. Bikers and hikers aren't that influential in this town.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to hit Elephant Hill as well.
you can run Elephant Hill alone. At that time of year there will be enough people out there that you won't be alone anyway. Be sure to get you permit in advance in case it's over-full. I think the earliest you can do is 24 hours, but you can double check that online at the NPS Canyonlands website. Permits for EH are free.

I remember during ejs the registration for elephant Hill with rr4w booked up incredibly fast, I think it was less than an hour. You think there will be a shot to do it outside of rr4w on an off day? How are the JLUs doing with the canyon section?

Last edited:

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Sand Hollow is awesome.....A lot of people are now skipping Moab completely to go there instead. Utah has a lot of great wheeling to offer.
we loved it last time, but we did in the way out and were concerned about breaking stuff on the way, so we were more cautious than typical. this trip we are flipping the stop and hitting sand on return trip. Way Less costly if we break. Most the guys I talked to there said “why would drive 5 more hours to Moab?” The only negative for a non local is the trails are not well marked. not sure we would have had as much fun if we didn’t hitch on to a group that knew the route.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
We did poison spider early in the morning and there was not a lot of people out there at all. But if you go back the way you came, insane backup and lines. Like 40+ Jeeps waiting to go up where you're coming down. You'd probably be better doing the triple threat and come out the other end.
we did the triple last trip.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.