vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was asking about meet-up time cuz I'm considering not driving the whole way down Friday evening. Maybe staying an hour or so out. But 9 am works. I can just pick our overnight so we won't have to get up too, too early.

You're driving down Friday evening too, right? What time are you leaving? We won't be able to get on the road before 5:30, maybe 6 and I have about an hour/hour-and-a-half more than you.

I have a CB that I'm still getting setup. Just mounted the antenna and haven't had the opportunity to fine-tune it with an SWR meter. I doubt that will be an issue though on the trails.
I think we’re leaving around 3-330p to get there around 7ish. If you’d like, I can try and find my SWR meter and throw it in the Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looking like 80% chance of rain tomorrow and 40% Saturday. Hopefully not too muddy, but we’ll make do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Made it to the campground. See everyone at 0900

Sweetwater-JL

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU-R
Vehicle Showcase
Man i am so sorry i didn't make it on the trip. I wound up with the Flu that started last tuesday and i just got over it officially sunday evening. Maybe next time you are down i will make it! How did the ride go!? pictures or it didn't happen!!!

Good, would love to have you guys come along! I was thinking we meet up around 0900. @Sweetwater-JL is that too early for ya? I will be in the Windrock Campground Friday night so anytime is good for me. We plan on just eating some breakfast bars that morning so no need to leave for breakfast. As far as lunch goes, I was figuring on packing it in. Lunchmeat sandwiches probably. As far as dinner goes, I always like to eat at a local choke and puke (good old Smokey and the Bandit reference!) instead of something I can get here in Cincy.

What are you guys using for comms? I have a CB and a couple/3 of the Baofengs with access to a couple more if needed.

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Man i am so sorry i didn't make it on the trip. I wound up with the Flu that started last tuesday and i just got over it officially sunday evening. Maybe next time you are down i will make it! How did the ride go!? pictures or it didn't happen!!!
Hey man no worries! Glad to hear your back on the mend. The flu is no joke. @DenaliDan and I hit 26, 27, and 51 plus the tunnel. I know the crew in my Jeep had a blast. Dan got the best pics so I’ll let him upload them. I’ll definitely be back as I want to try 16 when it’s not so blasted muddy. I’ll for sure hit you up when that happens. I know next summer we’ll be back as we’re hitting Windrock before heading to Uwharrie and then up to Peters Mill (I think that’s it) for a BOH circle.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
Hey man no worries! Glad to hear your back on the mend. The flu is no joke. @DenaliDan and I hit 26, 27, and 51 plus the tunnel. I know the crew in my Jeep had a blast. Dan got the best pics so I’ll let him upload them. I’ll definitely be back as I want to try 16 when it’s not so blasted muddy. I’ll for sure hit you up when that happens. I know next summer we’ll be back as we’re hitting Windrock before heading to Uwharrie and then up to Peters Mill (I think that’s it) for a BOH circle.
Yeah, it was a great time! Looking forward to off-roadin' with Sean again.
Sponsored