vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was going with a group down to Windrock at the end of October but the group had to cancel. I had already booked a yurt and figured what the heck, may as well keep it and head down from Ohio. Would anyone be interested in hitting some easy/moderate trails with me? Might try and go to Nemo tunnel if there’s time.
Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I can't commit right now but it sounds like a good possibility. I was thinking of going to Slade, KY, with a friend this same weekend. Maybe he'd be interested in hitting Windrock instead. I wouldn't be able to get down there till Friday night. I'll get back to you.

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I can't commit right now but it sounds like a good possibility. I was thinking of going to Slade, KY, with a friend this same weekend. Maybe he'd be interested in hitting Windrock instead. I wouldn't be able to get down there till Friday night. I'll get back to you.
Sounds good!

Sweetwater-JL

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU-R
Vehicle Showcase
I live about 40 min from there. Let me know when you come into town. I should be able to go on a ride with ya!

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I live about 40 min from there. Let me know when you come into town. I should be able to go on a ride with ya!
Ah man that’d be awesome if you could join us. I’ve never been so local knowledge would be extremely helpful.

Sponsored

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We might be interested in going too. Post up the details when available
Nothing is ever set in stone. I’ll be getting into the park Friday night. On Saturday, I’d like to definitely get to 26 (by way of 22 or some greens, then down 27) and 51 for the badges, and if we’re feeling good enough, hit 16 for that last badge, but that is not necessary for me. The guys who are riding in my Jeep want to hit a sports bar for the OSU/Wisky which will hopefully be an evening game. Then Sunday we’ll head to the prison and Nemo tunnel before heading back to Ohio. Having never been, I’m not sure if all of Saturday is doable due to time. Obviously the game takes the proverbial back seat, but I don’t know if I trust my abilities to wheel at night at a place I’ve never been. I would have no problem letting one of you who have been there lay out a better plan.

Sweetwater-JL

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU-R
Vehicle Showcase
Well.... 22 I don’t think is a green trail anymore. It has been so worn out I think they are wanting to make it a moderate trail. But I also am wanting to get my badge of honors. So, 51 is on the north side of the park. 26 or 27 take you down towards the prison. 16 is rough as a corn Cobb in certain places. I haven’t been on 16 in 3-4 years... but I heard it has only gotten worse. I am down for whatever!

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well.... 22 I don’t think is a green trail anymore. It has been so worn out I think they are wanting to make it a moderate trail. But I also am wanting to get my badge of honors. So, 51 is on the north side of the park. 26 or 27 take you down towards the prison. 16 is rough as a corn Cobb in certain places. I haven’t been on 16 in 3-4 years... but I heard it has only gotten worse. I am down for whatever!
Awesome! The last map I saw had 22 being a blue trail. From all the vids I've seen of it, looks to be a muddy mess if it's wet at all. That last hill climb on 16 looks nasty if it's muddy too. How has the weather been down there? It's been so dry up here that it'd have to rain a good bit to soak into the dirt. My JLUR is only slightly modded in that I have 35s and a 2" lift, so I cannot get into anything too crazy. I am not sure who all is coming with us (@DenaliDan and @Watchthis are you guys still interested?) so I don't know about their rigs. Also, the OSU/Wisky game is a nooner so I don't have to bust out of there at 7p to watch as we will just listen to it on the trails (I hope I don't get too distracted, we are a little worried about Wisconsin). I'm getting excited!

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I'm still interested but undecided. Like you mentioned, it kinda depends on how muddy the conditions are expected to be.

Sponsored

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still interested but undecided. Like you mentioned, it kinda depends on how muddy the conditions are expected to be.
I hear ya. I'm still going despite the mud. I think 26 is just a riverbed on a mountain so we should be good wet or dry. Looks like they may get some of a tropical storm this weekend as it rolls from Texas eastward. Would love to have you guys come wheel with us but completely understand if you can't make it.

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I'm still working on a plan. Do you have a time in mind for meeting up Saturday morning? What about lunch? Is there food nearby or should we plan to pack it and eat on the trails?

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still working on a plan. Do you have a time in mind for meeting up Saturday morning? What about lunch? Is there food nearby or should we plan to pack it and eat on the trails?
Good, would love to have you guys come along! I was thinking we meet up around 0900. @Sweetwater-JL is that too early for ya? I will be in the Windrock Campground Friday night so anytime is good for me. We plan on just eating some breakfast bars that morning so no need to leave for breakfast. As far as lunch goes, I was figuring on packing it in. Lunchmeat sandwiches probably. As far as dinner goes, I always like to eat at a local choke and puke (good old Smokey and the Bandit reference!) instead of something I can get here in Cincy.

What are you guys using for comms? I have a CB and a couple/3 of the Baofengs with access to a couple more if needed.

OP
OP
vhfan5150

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Also I’m getting excited. These are getting lonely...

A69D0C81-A567-4CA5-9D7B-9797A104029B.jpeg

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
I was asking about meet-up time cuz I'm considering not driving the whole way down Friday evening. Maybe staying an hour or so out. But 9 am works. I can just pick our overnight so we won't have to get up too, too early.

You're driving down Friday evening too, right? What time are you leaving? We won't be able to get on the road before 5:30, maybe 6 and I have about an hour/hour-and-a-half more than you.

I have a CB that I'm still getting setup. Just mounted the antenna and haven't had the opportunity to fine-tune it with an SWR meter. I doubt that will be an issue though on the trails.
Sponsored