First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
A sport on that last hill with lsd probably would have done better. The rubicon on 4lo was too low of a bear for what he tried to do which was haul ass. He was an idiot driver.
Sponsored

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392

Fun video, thanks for posting it! I enjoyed it!

The G did better then I thought, but you really need to have same driver in those tests. I like the G but the price is crazy and MB dealers are marking them up additionally...
In summary:

Far left starting price: $124,500. FFS it should be able to any and everything you can imagine - anything, moral, immoral, legal, illegal, you name it.
Middle starting price: Doesn't really matter cos they don't sell them in the US.
Far right starting price: $28,295. Not sure here... add 2 doors, factory lockers, venty hood with stickers, etc, still 50-60 at the most.

therefore if the G-Wagon is in any way shape or form > than the Wrangler = for the love of whatever god you believe in, it should be at 2-5x the price. not hating on the G, personally I'd LOVE to own one, cant afford it.

and if the G or the Wrangler is < the Suzuki = really don't matter if you live in the US and do not want to pay to do things to make the Suzuki legal here.

TA-DA!

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
In summary:

Far left starting price: $124,500. FFS it should be able to any and everything you can imagine - anything, moral, immoral, legal, illegal, you name it.
Middle starting price: Doesn't really matter cos they don't sell them in the US.
Far right starting price: $28,295. Not sure here... add 2 doors, factory lockers, venty hood with stickers, etc, still 50-60 at the most.

therefore if the G-Wagon is in any way shape or form > than the Wrangler = for the love of whatever god you believe in, it should be at 2-5x the price. not hating on the G, personally I'd LOVE to own one, cant afford it.

and if the G or the Wrangler is < the Suzuki = really don't matter if you live in the US and do not want to pay to do things to make the Suzuki legal here.

TA-DA!
I agree more want than need "any day of the week" and hard to justify the price or operating cost, gas, maintenance etc., but the G does enjoy an excellent resale value so you can get a lot of your money back if you decide the sensible Jeep is all you ever really needed...

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
If the Jimny was available in the US I would have one and trailer it behind my Rubi to a trail head and have some serious, white knuckle fun. I've driven a few of them in the Caribbean, and they never fail to please: nimble, capable, durable and reliable. Has all of the spirit of a CJ, with the soul of a Willy's.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
These frequent and widespread videos increase my conviction that the JL 2 door 3.0 diesel option is the best no matter how long I wait.

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
These frequent and widespread videos increase my conviction that the JL 2 door 3.0 diesel option is the best no matter how long I wait.
You'll be waiting for the JM, then...

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
160K, 50K and 20K in pounds wow the Suzuki did all that the big 4 wheelers and bested the Rubicon on the hill how about an extra 10 points for price?? Easy to blame drivers but come on you could have two of those little buggers in your driveway and cash in your pocket!!

Wish I hadn't watched that, don't think I want a Suzuki but come on!!

Go Jeep!!!
Dude has no idea how to climb a hill.

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
We had 2 G-wagons in our unit in the USMC. While we didn’t bring them to Iraq with us, they were more than capable off-road, believe me.
Well, it did originally start as a military design, so I'd expect nothing less! :clap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_G-Class

A friend has one and they have, IMO, a unique feeling to them. A truly FU attitude toward whatever comes at them. I dig it! But the price and fuel economy...sigh.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Paluss,

Hey sounds great, all that for "only" 150K, what's that two and a half JKUR's? Seeing you've had MB's before and feel great about them I guess I understand since I have had 27 Jeeps of all models since 1965! Sounds like the best thing is how the doors closed and the engine growl! lol

By the video I'm sure my Cherokee Trailhawk could have done all that, maybe even w/o the electric locker on? I know for sure my JLUS would not have performed like that JLUR on that hill, crap even the Jimmy aced it!!?? I agree with someone above, JLUR in 4 HI with some speed might have been best or with axles locked a slower crawl Oh well it wasn't me and I was not there... "just sayin"! I must say sometimes video's don't do the terrain justice Can sometimes make thins look tougher?

Actually the MB is in a class of it's own, oh ya, price wise!

Go Jeep!!!
The low range on the Jeep is much lower than the other 2. Totally wrong technique for a hill climb.

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
I’m on my way back from a vacation in Iceland. We reserved a Jimny and I was excited about it, but there were none left. They gave us a free “upgrade” to an AWD Romanian beer can called the Dacia Duster. It was one of the only disappointments of the trip though.
Some crazy Offroad cars there though. Tour vans on 46s and on the fly tire pressure changes. Landcruisers, Hiluxes, and Defenders on 35-40s all over the place. Saw 2JLURs, 1 JK and 1 CJ too. Renegades all over the place.
We were in Iceland in June and had a last-generation Jimny! I loved it completely! On the highway it was a bit susceptible to wind, but nothing problematic. Offroad it just went where pointed and crawled along nicely. I was so tempted to just buy a new one when I went into the dealership! Next time we go there, I want the latest generation Jimny, and if I can't find one, I'll reschedule my vacation! :)

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing
16 minutes of watching how NOT to drive offroad... sigh.

You're not going to convince me the Jimny would normally win on the hill climb challenge - on street tires...

Same for the Merc - sorry - nope. But hey, if you don't drive the Rubicon the same way, sure...because you know, mud tires provide no advantage in the mud - we all know that. ;)

The side hill test magically became an articulation test...which followed the previous...erm...articulation test?

And as others have said - 4LO for a short rocky hill climb? Something tells me the Jimny was in 4Hi for that hill... ;)

Now, bitching aside, I will say...it's always nice to see a rig like the Jimny perform as well as it does. It would be an ideal small offroader if you can pack light. And it would do most of what most people want. Would I take one on the Rubicon Trail? Only if I wanted to shred it to pieces. ;)

BobW

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp MT; 2019 GC; 2021 Lego JLR
Clubs

We had 2 G-wagons in our unit in the USMC. While we didn’t bring them to Iraq with us, they were more than capable off-road, believe me.
About 20 years ago I worked with a former Army Ranger. He said HUMVEEs were really fun to drive.
Sponsored