Sponsored

Soft Top Winter Storage (not just windows)?

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
What do you all do for storing the soft top during the winter? I'm looking for ideas. I've obviously got the windows taken care of it, so I'm looking mainly at the top itself. I was thinking of hoisting to the ceiling or something. Just curious what others do.
Sponsored

Ryp11

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara in ocean blue
Mine sits on the lift that holds the hard top in the summer. I wrap it back up is the cover that came with it.

Reactions: eck

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
What do you all do for storing the soft top during the winter? I'm looking for ideas. I've obviously got the windows taken care of it, so I'm looking mainly at the top itself. I was thinking of hoisting to the ceiling or something. Just curious what others do.
I put pine on the same harken hoist that I use for the hardtop during the summer. Windows and all.

Reactions: eck

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I keep the windows (in the original box) and all the “framing” on top of the Racor lift I use for the hardtop. But, I keep the soft top itself down in my basement so that I can still back in the garage and lift off the hard top if Mother Nature gives me any window to do so :)

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Have two large hooks/brackets on the wall, wrap it up in the boot it was shipped in and store it in that. Windows go in the storage bag in my crawl space, brackets/frames go on on some makeshift shelves I made between the garage ceiling joists.

48938168026_7b9ff8c4da_z.jpg
Top storage by Chris Stack, on Flickr

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
What?! Nobody's insulted me yet? Fine, I'll do it myself.

As @Rahneld only folds his top up half way when he stores it off the rig for the winter, since it's technically in Sunrider position, and the manual says so, he removes the soft windows even through they will not get crinkled leaving them in in such a storage configuration.

He doesn't want to get litigated with them flying out and around the garage, possessed, and hitting somebody.

(I actually put everything on a garage wide shelf in the back of the garage.)

That's for your @digitalbliss.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I use a Jtops boot to hold the top together and a window storage bag for the windows. I hang it all on the wall of my garage using some k-rail I bought from Lowe's.
20190310_185250.jpg
20190310_185210.jpg

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
you can store it at my house?

Sponsored

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Couple 2x4's and angles... The top hangs below, and the windows and other plastic bits sit on top.

20190929_143724.jpg

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
What?! Nobody's insulted me yet? Fine, I'll do it myself.

As @Rahneld only folds his top up half way when he stores it off the rig for the winter, since it's technically in Sunrider position, and the manual says so, he removes the soft windows even through they will not get crinkled leaving them in in such a storage configuration.

He doesn't want to get litigated with them flying out and around the garage, possessed, and hitting somebody.

(I actually put everything on a garage wide shelf in the back of the garage.)

That's for your @digitalbliss.
Lol. I can't believe you put it in Sunrider position!!!

OP
OP
TaxPhan

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
So, I really should have kept the boot it was shipped in?! Ugh.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
Curious to those of you who put it back on the hoist, as I plan to do, did you make a shelf or something? How do you get the top and or windows and what not to stay up there?

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Curious to those of you who put it back on the hoist, as I plan to do, did you make a shelf or something? How do you get the top and or windows and what not to stay up there?
I take the top off folded and run the straps for the hoist inside the rails (tubes?) then tie the folded ends off to the ropes for the hoist so that they are no longer hanging down. It helps that I did not cut off the extra rope when I installed the hoist. Then I set everything else on top of the folded top. The windows rolled up the window surrounds etc.

I was thinking I should take a picture of this but already had it hoisted when I thought of it. I will in the spring so I can remember how I did it for next fall.
Sponsored