First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Oil & Gas
Just a little thread to document the progress on my Blue Rubi! I have owned Jeep Wranglers since I started driving back in 1995. My first was a 1990 Jeep YJ 4 cylinder. I didnt really have the resources back then to make it the off-road beast that I wanted but It was a great first Jeep! Anyway, got my Blue Rubi back in February and have been adding things here and there over the past few months. Can't wait to get it all finished up!!

Here's the stock photo from the day it was delivered to my Dealer!!

20190223_145849.jpg

20190223_125424.jpg

IMG-2364.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
My first couple mods were pretty straight forward. Although I ordered a Rubicon, I passed on some of the fancy bells & whistles. Mostly cause I knew I wanted to mod it out with aftermarket parts...so why not save the money off the sticker.

First was just a screen protector for the 8.4 inch (I suppose I did spring for the audio and touch screen upgrades lol).

20191010_190418.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
Next was the All Weather Floor Mats, "Oh Sh*t" Handles, and Door Sill Guards.

20191010_190430.jpg

20191010_190441.jpg

20191010_190414.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
My wife and kids had a hard time getting in and out of the Rubicon. I decided if we're gonna be taking this thing on family trips up north and whatnot, its probably time for some side steps. I always liked the look of the stock rock sliders but they're not very practical for the shorter crowd that needs that extra step to get in and out.

I basically had it narrowed down to the Roam Sidesteps and the ICI Magnum RCs. I liked the look of both steps but ultimately went with the Magnums for the price (Roams were frequently out of stock too). Installation wasnt too bad but they don't maintain that slight factory curve that the Rubi Rails had. So fitment isnt exactly perfect. But they did the trick and they look pretty good. Who knows, I might still swap out for Roams in the future but kids and wife can step right in now and they're really gonna need them when I add a few inches! :rock: :jk:

Also free Rubi Rails to anyone who wants to come get them in the Northwest Ohio/Southeast Michigan area...PM me if interested!

UPDATE: Rubi Rails gone

20190929_184824.jpg

20190929_184812.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
So I decided not to go with the LED lighting package cause I figured there would be some great aftermarket lighting options available. This is one of the decisions I kinda regret just cause I do like the look of the Mopar LED Headlights. I was constantly getting flashed by other drivers at night with the halogens too.

I almost bought a set but I couldn't bring myself to spend almost $900 on a pair of headlights. I kept eyes on all the lighting forums cause I wanted to know when new 9" LED headlights came out. I ultimately settled on the Oracle Oculus Bi-LEDs and haven't looked back since. These headlights look great, light up the road very well, and they were super easy to install (priced way better than the Mopars too). The cutoff is fantastic on these as well!! I highly recommend them to anyone looking to switch up their stock halogens.

20190927_173453.jpg

20190927_174143.jpg

20190927_183435.jpg

20190927_183525.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
This was a fun one lol. Nothing like tearing the entire stock bumper apart to remove the fog light wiring harness. For this one I went with the Barricade Trail Force HD front Bumper, Barricade Front Skid Plate, and Rugged Ridge 12.5K winch with the synthetic rope. I did buy some red D-rings but they were already chipped and the red was a little dull. So for a future project I'll probably repaint them and the fairlead too. I think it looks good for now! Got some aftermarket LED fog lights too that bolted right in!

Haven't settled on a rear bumper yet but I'm open to recommendations. Thinking about the ones with the swing away tire carriers but not sure if that's necessary with the reinforced hinges available nowadays. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

20191007_224100.jpg

20191010_200050.jpg

Last edited:

Scooter2

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport / 2022 F250 / 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Build looks Great! I am going with those headlights at some point - they seem to be the choice of many.

Still holding out for AEV rear bumper with tire carrier, new ETA is January 2020 (allegedly).

OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
Build looks Great! I am going with those headlights at some point - they seem to be the choice of many.

Still holding out for AEV rear bumper with tire carrier, new ETA is January 2020 (allegedly).
Thanks! The Oracle headlights are great. I debated between these and the Mopars for a long time. I went with these mainly for the ease of installation...and why not save a few bucks that I can spend on something else! (Just ordered the Morimoto Sequentials ...sounds like they work perfectly as long as you have a tazer.)

Yeah AEV makes some good stuff but it seems like they've been pushing back the release of the JL rear bumper for awhile now. I like the ROAM one too but not sure if I need 3 hitch receivers lol. I haven't gotten tires/wheels and a lift yet so I have some time to decide I guess.

Sponsored

OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
Half installed the Morimoto XB LED Sequential Turn Signals. Just wanted to be able to see the difference (and make sure they work right). I read a few threads where they worked for people right out of the box. This was NOT the case for me. They didnt work at all until I used the Tazer to change my light settings to LED. So not really "Plug and Play" in my opinion. Anyway, they work perfectly now.

Here's the finished product. After doing the Driver's side, the passenger side was easy peasy!

Last edited:

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good looking build you got there! I looked at those same rails as you got, had it narrowed down to those, the GoRhino D6s and the LoDs. Can't wait to see the rest of the build.

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
My wife and kids had a hard time getting in and out of the Rubicon. I decided if we're gonna be taking this thing on family trips up north and whatnot, its probably time for some side steps. I always liked the look of the stock rock sliders but they're not very practical for the shorter crowd that needs that extra step to get in and out.

I basically had it narrowed down to the Roam Sidesteps and the ICI Magnum RCs. I liked the look of both steps but ultimately went with the Magnums for the price (Roams were frequently out of stock too). Installation wasnt too bad but they don't maintain that slight factory curve that the Rubi Rails had. So fitment isnt exactly perfect. But they did the trick and they look pretty good. Who knows, I might still swap out for Roams in the future but kids and wife can step right in now and they're really gonna need them when I add a few inches! :rock: :jk:

Also free Rubi Rails to anyone who wants to come get them in the Northwest Ohio/Southeast Michigan area...PM me if interested!

20190929_184824.jpg

20190929_184812.jpg
Thanks to srhoyt1979 for hooking me up with rock sliders for my JLUS, have them installed and finally hiding that pinch seam! Hope I can provide some help to you in the future.

OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
Thanks to srhoyt1979 for hooking me up with rock sliders for my JLUS, have them installed and finally hiding that pinch seam! Hope I can provide some help to you in the future.
Glad it worked out for you! Thanks for taking them off my hands! My wife was just happy to get them out of the garage lol.

OP
OP
srhoyt1979

srhoyt1979

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oil & Gas
That's a good looking build you got there! I looked at those same rails as you got, had it narrowed down to those, the GoRhino D6s and the LoDs. Can't wait to see the rest of the build.
Thanks man! Good luck making that choice lol those are all awesome looking side steps! I might switch to the ROAMS sometime down the line but I really like these too. Way too many choices.
Sponsored

Last edited: