jeep8

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
This is Jeep number 8. Starting out with several CJ5's, and every version since, and the last was a JKU Rubicon. I have to say, the JL is a special vehicle. Before, we all just suffered with shortcomings and said, "well, what do you expect, it's a Jeep". Every Jeep we have had, we started with a theme and built it to what we wanted it to be. This one is not done, but it is looking like my vision of it when I saw it on the dealers lot.
We almost didn't get a Jeep after the last one, because as we have aged, we didn't like the hassle of taking off and putting on the top, and getting caught in the rain more times than I can tell you. When we saw the Sky One Touch roof, we were all in. We love it, and use it all the time. It started pouring on us at Hilton Head last month, and we just pushed the button, as we saw a couple in a JKU getting soaked two cars ahead of us. If that was any of y'all, sorry we were laughing at you.
We like to do trails off road, but not into the rock crawling anymore, tore 'em up to much in the past. I can wash off mud!!!

So far, we have added 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers, (great tires, had them on our JKUR, I have them on a Tacoma pickup as well) on 18" Fuel Hardline wheels. Teraflex ST2 2.5" lift with Falcon 2.1 shocks. Deegan 38 Bumper, and Roan side steps.
Rugged Ridge Spartacus HD Tire Carrier. Fox Steering Stabilizer.

Loving it so far, just got back from a trip to Marco Island, FL. Suspension is tight, but forgiving. Handles way better than stock, and no steering wandering at all. Hats off to Jeep and all the wonderful aftermarket folks that we all support with our addiction.

20190928_110054 (2).jpg

20190928_105914.jpg

20190928_105858 (2).jpg

20190928_110135 (2).jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeep8

jeep8

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
This was our JKUR. We had a lot of fun with it, and our friends bought it from us, and we still get to enjoy it as well!

20190914_093058.jpg

20190914_094747.jpg

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I love the Sky One-Touch Power Top as well. It really does increase your time with the top down.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It's easy to forget, in all the complaining and carping that JLs attract, that the improvements over the previous Generations of Wranglers is astonishing. I'm glad to see, and hear, the positive, while acknowledging that the negatives have a place too. Both are incentives to the Home Factory to fix the bad, and keep up the good. Here's to 10 more years of JLs, and constant improvements, both subtle, and overt..like a One Touch Sky for 2 doors...
Sponsored