Sponsored

Looking for the BEST LCA's and track bars for 2020 JLUR

Woodbridge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Hi all,

I've installed my Fox 2.0 ATS and next up would be front track bar (should rear track bar be replaced too?), and LCA's.

Looking at Teraflex, Synergy, Metalcloak and Rock Krawler.....As I am learning more about these items, not only is strength and mass/weight important but bushing design as well!

Any thoughts? I want the absolute best for steering response and ride quality. I want to get my caster in the 6 to 7 degree range.

I am NOT lifting this Rubicon.

Thanks a ton
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Hi all,

I've installed my Fox 2.0 ATS and next up would be front track bar (should rear track bar be replaced too?), and LCA's.

Looking at Teraflex, Synergy, Metalcloak and Rock Krawler.....As I am learning more about these items, not only is strength and mass/weight important but bushing design as well!

Any thoughts? I want the absolute best for steering response and ride quality. I want to get my caster in the 6 to 7 degree range.

Thanks a ton
If you aren't lifting it, you will want to check out manufacturers specs on the trackbars. Some will not adjust to stock height requirements.

The beefiest trackbar on the market would be the Steersmarts. However, most aftermarket bars will be a major improvement over stock. I'd skip Metal Cloak as you need to cut the stock bracket to make it fit. The Rough Country trackbar is great at an awesome price.

For $60 you can get a set of the Mopar fixed arms that come with the mopar lift. On a stock jeep they will put your caster in that range.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you aren't lifting it, you will want to check out manufacturers specs on the trackbars. Some will not adjust to stock height requirements.

The beefiest trackbar on the market would be the Steersmarts. However, most aftermarket bars will be a major improvement over stock. I'd skip Metal Cloak as you need to cut the stock bracket to make it fit. The Rough Country trackbar is great at an awesome price.

For $60 you can get a set of the Mopar fixed arms that come with the mopar lift. On a stock jeep they will put your caster in that range.
I don't know why people have an aversion to cutting the brackets for the track bar/LCAs. I'd much rather do that and use higher quality parts.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Thanks a ton
"Best" is subjective. You'll get a lot of buyer bias on the track bars. Since you mention having the Fox ATS, it's worth knowing the Yeti adjuster tube doesn't play nice with it if you're concerned about the reservior being exposed. If you're not doing serious rock-crawling, it shouldn't be an issue. It wasn't for me.

See #35

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-to-improve-steering.39607/page-3#post-876692

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Thanks a ton
First off, I agree with Melendez above about "best" being subjective.

I wanted low maintenance but rebuildable joints, rigidity without compromising flexibility, excellent coating for corrosion resistance, and adjustability for stock height because I'm going with a "true" 2" lift. A lot of steering/suspension linkages advertise for 2.5" + lifts and I didn't want to be stuck with too long of a minimal length. I also wanted the ability to adjust everything while fully installed and I prefer the pinch clamp type over the jam nut to lock in the final adjustments.

What I went with to fit this bill:
Steer Smarts front track bar
Steer Smarts bottom mount drag link
Steer Smarts long tie rod for Rubicon
Steer Smarts relocation bracket for moving the stabilizer from oem tie rod to the track bar mount
Steer Smarts 1-5/8" clamp to mount inboard side of stabilizer to the tie rod
Fox TS 2.0 stabilizer
Synergy 8 control arm kit
Synergy rear track bar

There's more, but its lift related stuff that would just be muddying the waters of this particular thread. Some may say its overkill, especially in your case of not wanting to lift, but overkill can only lead to enhanced longevity.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hi all,

Thanks a ton
I'd go with Synergy as bolt on and great quality. You will have to wait a few weeks as the Synergy front track bar is just coming out.

Metalcloak is nice stuff; but you need to window the front axle side track bar mount which may be concerning.

I'd skip Teraflex as it's so-so quality. I will get flamed for that statement but it is what it is.

Don't forget to move that Fox ATS up as well with a relocation kit; both Synergy and Metalcloak offer them to get it up and out of harms way.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'd go with Synergy as bolt on and great quality. You will have to wait a few weeks as the Synergy front track bar is just coming out.

Metalcloak is nice stuff; but you need to window the front axle side track bar mount which may be concerning.

I'd skip Teraflex as it's so-so quality. I will get flamed for that statement but it is what it is.

Don't forget to move that Fox ATS up as well with a relocation kit; both Synergy and Metalcloak offer them to get it up and out of harms way.
Why would removing a little bit of metal from the track bar mount be concerning? It in no way compromises structural integrity.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I don't know why people have an aversion to cutting the brackets for the track bar/LCAs. I'd much rather do that and use higher quality parts.
The ability to go back to stock, or ability to switch to a different track bar/LCA that uses stock mounting points is important to some people.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Why would removing a little bit of metal from the track bar mount be concerning? It in no way compromises structural integrity.
I said "may be concerning"

This comes down to the relationship you have with the local service manager at your dealership. Some are sensitive to aftermarket parts and having things cut off and ground out add to that sensitivity. Some don't care as FCA pays. Some are Jeepers and on side with most mods.

A service manager can void your warranty by putting a flag in the system. This is tough to get reversed and not possible to just go to another dealership to get around it. It becomes a legal fight to prove that the modification did not cause it, etc, etc.

So if you have a good relationship get the grinder out and do what needs to be done :like:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The ability to go back to stock, or ability to switch to a different track bar/LCA that uses stock mounting points is important to some people.
These modifications don't hinder you from doing either of those things.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I said "may be concerning"

This comes down to the relationship you have with the local service manager at your dealership. Some are sensitive to aftermarket parts and having things cut off and ground out add to that sensitivity. Some don't care as FCA pays. Some are Jeepers and on side with most mods.

A service manager can void your warranty by putting a flag in the system. This is tough to get reversed and not possible to just go to another dealership to get around it. It becomes a legal fight to prove that the modification did not cause it, etc, etc.

So if you have a good relationship get the grinder out and do what needs to be done :like:
Lol. These guys can't even figure out how many quarts of oil to put in your motor. Do you really think they'll notice or care about a clean modification? Also what part of your warranty do you think they can void for this. Personally I wouldn't let the dealership touch my rig, but to each their own.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
OK...then why not just use the SteerSmarts track bar in the first place?

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
OK...then why not just use the SteerSmarts track bar in the first place?
I went with the Terflex Front Track bar (and it is awesome btw) and Synergy everything else. The only thing Synergy doesn't make is a rear track bar bracket that raises the track bar up to get the COG back to spec. I am doing the whole shebang up front: track bar (done), tie rod, drag link, upper and lower adjustable control arms, steering stabilizer relocation, Fox 2.2 adjustable steering stablizer (done), front spring pad correction pads, track bar and sector shaft brace. I have all the parts but want a clear 2 days to do it all. I also already have the rear track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket, but again, waiting for a good 48 hour window to finish both the front and back. I think that's it. LOL. I have the Mopar lift.
Sponsored