WTB: Your old Robinson BMX bike! :D

eatworksleepdie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler, 2015 Jeep Renegade, 1992 VW 1.8t GTI
Hi there! I know this is a shot in the dark, but if any of you have this, and want to sell it LMK!

I'm looking for an 1987 Robinson Pro Team Model BMX bike (or another year 1988 or earlier). So like, 1984-1988 are the years I'm looking for. I had that bike as a kid, and stupidly sold it about 20 years ago. I've been on the hunt looking for a replacement lately, but there are not many survivors. I'd be interested in a complete pro team, or just the frameset (frame/fork/seatpost). The handlebars, DK stem, and GT Power Series crank would be a bonus. If you have something kicking around LMK! Color doesn't matter, but I had a baby blue one and a white one.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Sounds like my bike. Mine is either an 88 or 89. I think it was the first year they were made by GT. I still have mine. With DK headset to boot. I foolishly sold the Profile cranks and hutch pedals long ago. Mines not for sale. Im hoping to restore it some day.
Ill keep an eye out for you. Ive seen them on CL a few times. If its the original Robinson (pre GT) those are definitely more rare.

OP
OP
eatworksleepdie

eatworksleepdie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler, 2015 Jeep Renegade, 1992 VW 1.8t GTI
If memory serves, 87 was the first year GT took them over. 84-88 has the looptail design/shape I'm after. 89 they changed the rear to not have a full complete loop, it's split at the wheel. 84-86 had different graphics too; they changed them in 87.
What color is yours?
I've been lurking on bmxmuseum.com too. Lots of good BMX stuff on there! Yea if you see something, please lmk!
I MAY possibly have a lead on something, not sure what yet if anything. A buddy of mine who runs a bike shop put in a call to this old BMX'r dude he knows through a friend of a friend type deal.. He's apparently digging something out?? Who knows, but we'll see I guess!

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If memory serves, 87 was the first year GT took them over. 84-88 has the looptail design/shape I'm after. 89 they changed the rear to not have a full complete loop, it's split at the wheel. 84-86 had different graphics too; they changed them in 87.
What color is yours?
I've been lurking on bmxmuseum.com too. Lots of good BMX stuff on there! Yea if you see something, please lmk!
I MAY possibly have a lead on something, not sure what yet if anything. A buddy of mine who runs a bike shop put in a call to this old BMX'r dude he knows through a friend of a friend type deal.. He's apparently digging something out?? Who knows, but we'll see I guess!
mine is chrome and it has the split loop at the tail end of the frame. my buddy's brother had the old school full looptail that you are looking for; it was white. those are certainly more rare. ive seen the split tails for sale but they made those for a long time so it makes sense. good luck in your search. ill let you know if i happen to see anything.
Sponsored