Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished up a hell of a roadtrip to get my Jeep from Criswell up in Maryland to Tucson AZ and had this beast of a rock come off a fuel truck and nail me pretty good. First Wrangler in a few years so guess I'm going to get used to doing windshield replacements more often!

2019-10-16.jpg
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Usually any miniscule object you cannot see just cracks the windshield. But you've upped the game with a really nice round damaged area.

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
Honestly, I'd consider myself lucky that that boulder didn't hit 6 inches to the left or above. Glass is way easier to repair than paint and metal!

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Larry H Miller swapped out my windshield. They where the only ones in town. For the most part that dealer sucks, but the glass company they use did a good job. At the time they were the only ones that had the mopar in stock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JJSix

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I got pretty lucky with it, scared the crap outta me and the puppies though, that rock was no joke!

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Just finished up a hell of a roadtrip to get my Jeep from Criswell up in Maryland to Tucson AZ and had this beast of a rock come off a fuel truck and nail me pretty good. First Wrangler in a few years so guess I'm going to get used to doing windshield replacements more often!

2019-10-16.jpg
Wow that's a long ways away. I live in Nyc and am thinking of heading to criswell are they really that good? Did you end up leaving a deposit? Sorry about your windshield sucks.

OP
OP
JJSix

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that's a long ways away. I live in Nyc and am thinking of heading to criswell are they really that good? Did you end up leaving a deposit? Sorry about your windshield sucks.
They were definitely worth it for me and I'd highly recommend them. I worked with Pat (totally awesome) and had erything ironed out in a few emails and the order was placed within just a few days. I did leave a deposit of $1,000 for the order which was easy with a credit card over the phone.

The reason went with Criswell was that they were very upfront on pricing, 7% below invoice with another 1% for tread lightly and a $500 military discount, couldn't find better anywhere else and nothing even close to that near Tucson. Service was great, order was in under 30 days and I was in and out of the dealership in about 90 minutes, woulda been even faster but someone else was picking up a beautiful new blue Rubi right in front of me.

Windshield was a pain but safelight had me squared away in under an hour once I got in, quick and easy!
Sponsored