Sponsored

Best steering stabilizers so far?

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Any thoughts on this dual SS that works on non lifted jeeps? I got cold feet letting my dealer install the V41 and they wouldn't sell it to me, and I really haven't heard many great reviews on the V41. I'm thinking about going aftermarket and thinking a dual SS is a good way to mitigate a pull to the side without dropping $350 ;)

https://www.extremeterrain.com/skyj...nce-dual-steering-stabilizer-kit-2018-jl.html
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Any thoughts on this dual SS that works on non lifted jeeps? I got cold feet letting my dealer install the V41 and they wouldn't sell it to me, and I really haven't heard many great reviews on the V41. I'm thinking about going aftermarket and thinking a dual SS is a good way to mitigate a pull to the side without dropping $350 ;)

https://www.extremeterrain.com/skyj...nce-dual-steering-stabilizer-kit-2018-jl.html
I've seen pictures of that installed. It's a giant mess. I would avoid that like the plague.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

I’m using the rc bracket with fox shocks. I am old school about equal force for my steering. They have some nice equal force stabilizers out now . The through shaft stabilizers from falcon and fox are two of the best.

It’s just my own personal feelings on the matter. I just don’t like a closed shock on one side of my rig, regardless if it works or not. My ocd won’t stand for it....:)

6CBFFF83-43A6-4253-8EF5-5241988EF1D9.jpeg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Good drag link + good tie rod + good caster = throw your “stabilizer” in the trash and actually impress your friends.
This!

I am running a Synergy drag link, tie rod, rear track bar, and 2 inch springs combined with a JKS front track-bar (Synergy not available) and Fox shocks. I have a newer Rubi that came with the longer Mopar LCA's. Caster is at 5.4 degrees.

I have been running for a couple months without a steering stabilizer and 100% happy with no issues. Steers great, tracks great, and even over railway tracks in middle of turns the jeep tracks and does just what is expected.

I originally ran this way to confirm my steering was "fixed" by not having a SS hide any oddities but it drove so nice I left it off and not missed it.

I've also added a Rusty's front trackbar re-enforcement but it had no impact on the steering performance - just a longevity thing.

Factory rims with 35" KO2's on them.

Will eventually replace JKS front track bar with Synergy as I hate jam nuts but that is personal preference and nothing against the JKS - it's a very nicely made piece.

Probably also add Synergy front lower control arms to get caster closer to 6 degrees at some point.

I really urge everyone to do everything else on the steering first and drive it; you may not need a band-aide SS in the end.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I've not heard of any Rubis coming with the longer LCAs from the factory. Mine was an April '19 build and I've confirmed it has the short LCAs by part number and confirming that there is only 4 degrees of castor. I also want to clarify that I like really stiff steering, which is why I'm looking at heavy duty SS, and as the poster mentioned above, I like the dual kits for even pressure both ways.

Sponsored

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Took my car to the dealership today and advisor said my OE steering stabilizer was on backwards. I’m pretty I installed it on right after I did the the lift but now he has me second guessing. Can you guys confirm?

428F0653-3C87-4BD8-B3B8-FE745C1BE121.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Took my car to the dealership today and advisor said my OE steering stabilizer was on backwards. I’m pretty I installed it on right after I did the the lift but now he has me second guessing. Can you guys confirm?

428F0653-3C87-4BD8-B3B8-FE745C1BE121.jpeg
Looks right side to side but if it’s the newest factory ss then it would have a sticker on it with arrows saying towards front or something like that. Also I see MC lift, I’d suggest relocating it to the top of tie rod, and upgrading it if you have 35s or 37s and plan to wheel it............ $0.02. :)

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Looks right side to side but if it’s the newest factory ss then it would have a sticker on it with arrows saying towards front or something like that. Also I see MC lift, I’d suggest relocating it to the top of tie rod, and upgrading it if you have 35s or 37s and plan to wheel it............ $0.02. :)
Thanks. No stickers. I have 35s and do plan on relocating. Which relocation kit and SS do you recommend?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. No stickers. I have 35s and do plan on relocating. Which relocation kit and SS do you recommend?
I recommend Fox thru shaft SS. As far as relo bracket, I’ve had good luck with the synergy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best steering stabilizers so far? D8C38B62-DFC8-40E7-AE8D-993C03C3571F
Jeep Wrangler JL Best steering stabilizers so far? 9CD29D06-36D7-4F55-8F26-A20FA0CD81E2

I have this one on now, if you get this one, make sure you have the tie rod on that you want because they come with the clamp on it, and it’s size specific. Since I have the synergy tie rod I had to get the one for JK.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best steering stabilizers so far? 182C7837-B023-44DE-9088-BB3345FC964B

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Checked again and there are stickers. Picture is take from below facing front. I assume it’s correct but have my doubts because same would apply if I reverse the SS. Not sure what base cup means.

5F8D7006-388A-4CA1-AA8D-CFC8BD78DC96.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Checked again and there are stickers. Picture is take from below facing front. I assume it’s correct but have my doubts because same would apply if I reverse the SS. Not sure what base cup means.

Jeep Wrangler JL Best steering stabilizers so far? 5F8D7006-388A-4CA1-AA8D-CFC8BD78DC96
If that’s the bottom looking up then it’s right, the arrows are facing to front of Jeep.
Sponsored