Sponsored

Has anyone with a faulty Jeep been offered a buyback from FCA?

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So, my process with the buyback/replacement lemon law requires me to send off a certified letter to Jeep.

What address, if you sent a letter, did you mail your letter to?
Sponsored

Molo1234

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
So, my process with the buyback/replacement lemon law requires me to send off a certified letter to Jeep.

What address, if you sent a letter, did you mail your letter to?
I didn’t know to send in a letter can you please tell me the address and process?

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I didn’t know to send in a letter can you please tell me the address and process?
Google your state + lemon law. There should be a site that pops up in the first results page with a .gov site. That's the one you are looking for.

There it will list the process and steps required to start the lemon law process. It, unfortunately, takes time and documentation of the problems.

Jeeps address is:

FCA US LLC.
Po box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321

Atleast that's what I sent mine to, but I'm asking if that's correct.

Molo1234

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Google your state + lemon law. There should be a site that pops up in the first results page with a .gov site. That's the one you are looking for.

There it will list the process and steps required to start the lemon law process. It, unfortunately, takes time and documentation of the problems.

Jeeps address is:

FCA US LLC.
Po box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321

Atleast that's what I sent mine to, but I'm asking if that's correct.
Ok I have documentation so I will try this way thank you so much. What happened after u sent the letter?

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ok I have documentation so I will try this way thank you so much. What happened after u sent the letter?
It's been 1 week for me. Nothing so far.

I'm required by law to give them 30 days to respond, then another 15 days after a second letter to respond which is sent on day 30.

After that, my states atourney will take over.

Theoretically, Jeep should respond to me any day now and try to fix things. They do not want it to get to the state atourney level, because that makes a legal precident for others with the same problem to skip the lemon law process and go strait to legal settlement/law suits.

Sponsored

Molo1234

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I didn’t mail a letter I just spoke with jeepcares and the fca but my car actually stopped on the freeway and the fuel pump went out it had to be replaced twice. They told me I have to have the same issue fixed 3 times under warranty but I read somewhere that it is also unless there is a serious safety issue. I think a faulty fuel pump recall and the fuel pump going out at only 5000 miles on a brand new car on the freeway is enough to warrant it because that is a serious safety issue for me. They just fixed the fuel pump twice but I’m like really on a brand new car? No one would feel safe in a car that did that and it’s very disappointing. Only thing it seems they care about is the money not the safety of the customer. I’m going to try the letter, what state are you in?

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I didn’t mail a letter I just spoke with jeepcares and the fca but my car actually stopped on the freeway and the fuel pump went out it had to be replaced twice. They told me I have to have the same issue fixed 3 times under warranty but I read somewhere that it is also unless there is a serious safety issue. I think a faulty fuel pump recall and the fuel pump going out at only 5000 miles on a brand new car on the freeway is enough to warrant it because that is a serious safety issue for me. They just fixed the fuel pump twice but I’m like really on a brand new car? No one would feel safe in a car that did that and it’s very disappointing. Only thing it seems they care about is the money not the safety of the customer. I’m going to try the letter, what state are you in?
I'm in DC. Look up those state laws and follow them as close as you can.
Research is key. Read up for a day or two before you do anything.

Good luck.

Molo1234

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I'm in DC. Look up those state laws and follow them as close as you can.
Research is key. Read up for a day or two before you do anything.

Good luck.
You also❤ Let me know what happens if you can or you can message me privately

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
I wouldn't go too far down the legal route. If you get to the point where lawyers are involved it will drag out and you will not be happy with the results. I suggest you send an email to Mike Manley. It will get sent to an executive referrals manager who will get things moving in a hurry if there is legitimate cause for a buy back. I wasted a lot of time on other routes, but didn't make much progress until I got corporate involved.

VXSKAXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
The buy back process sucks and is very drawn out and doesn’t help when you immediately need to go purchase another vehicle. The whole process takes time even after FCA is in possession of your vehicle. A nightmare.

Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
The buy back process sucks and is very drawn out and doesn’t help when you immediately need to go purchase another vehicle. The whole process takes time even after FCA is in possession of your vehicle. A nightmare.
I was having a similar experience until I got corporate involved. Afterwards it took two weeks until my new Jeep was ordered and hot listed. Two weeks later it was built and waiting for transport (for another two weeks unfortunately). They didn't take possession of my old Jeep until the new one was ready for pickup.

The key for me was getting corporate involved. I had already been speaking with Jeep Wave for months and a Stericycle representative for weeks and making little progress. Corporate assigned a new Stericycle representative, who was great, and fast tracked the whole process.

Molo1234

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I wouldn't go too far down the legal route. If you get to the point where lawyers are involved it will drag out and you will not be happy with the results. I suggest you send an email to Mike Manley. It will get sent to an executive referrals manager who will get things moving in a hurry if there is legitimate cause for a buy back. I wasted a lot of time on other routes, but didn't make much progress until I got corporate involved.
I was having a similar experience until I got corporate involved. Afterwards it took two weeks until my new Jeep was ordered and hot listed. Two weeks later it was built and waiting for transport (for another two weeks unfortunately). They didn't take possession of my old Jeep until the new one was ready for pickup.

The key for me was getting corporate involved. I had already been speaking with Jeep Wave for months and a Stericycle representative for weeks and making little progress. Corporate assigned a new Stericycle representative, who was great, and fast tracked the whole process.
How do I get corporate involved I never heard anything from Mike Manley I emailed him weeks ago?

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do I get corporate involved I never heard anything from Mike Manley I emailed him weeks ago?
All it took was an email to Mike Manley for me. I'm not sure if cases are prioritized based on the severity of issue or not. Is there anything else wrong with your Jeep besides the fuel pump? I understand how it makes you feel when it breaks down, but a fuel pump on the gas engines in the Jeep really shouldn't be a big deal to get fixed. Maybe you should look into a different dealer and try to get it fixed one more time. Don't waste time with Jeep Cares. Call Jeep Wave directly and get a case manager assigned and a case opened if you haven't already. I think this is important for documenting the problems, and if you're lucky enough to get a good case manager, they will actually be helpful. I started with a good case manager, who was on loan from Maserati, and he was helpful the short time he was on my case.

rainmakerjjo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2015
I’ve done it with another manufacturer and the corporate emailing was the catalyst.

Back in 2009, there was an engine pinging issue with Acura's TSX, which I owned at the time. Our Acura forum drafted individual emails to senior members of Honda, professional accounts documenting the issue, chronicling the events to fix, etc. We actually got responses and ultimately Acura released a TSB to replace fault knock sensors. We tried the NHSTA approach but found it very slow moving.

[email protected] appears to the their email convention

Christian Meunier – Head Jeep Division

Mark Stewart – FCA North America

Pietro Gorlier – Parts & Service (MOPAR)

Reid Bigland – Head of US Sales

Scott Garberding – Chief Manufacturing Officer

Carl Smiley – Supply Chain Officer

Richard Schwarzwald – Global Head of Quality

Molo1234

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I’ve done it with another manufacturer and the corporate emailing was the catalyst.

Back in 2009, there was an engine pinging issue with Acura's TSX, which I owned at the time. Our Acura forum drafted individual emails to senior members of Honda, professional accounts documenting the issue, chronicling the events to fix, etc. We actually got responses and ultimately Acura released a TSB to replace fault knock sensors. We tried the NHSTA approach but found it very slow moving.

[email protected] appears to the their email convention

Christian Meunier – Head Jeep Division

Mark Stewart – FCA North America

Pietro Gorlier – Parts & Service (MOPAR)

Reid Bigland – Head of US Sales

Scott Garberding – Chief Manufacturing Officer

Carl Smiley – Supply Chain Officer

Richard Schwarzwald – Global Head of Quality
All it took was an email to Mike Manley for me. I'm not sure if cases are prioritized based on the severity of issue or not. Is there anything else wrong with your Jeep besides the fuel pump? I understand how it makes you feel when it breaks down, but a fuel pump on the gas engines in the Jeep really shouldn't be a big deal to get fixed. Maybe you should look into a different dealer and try to get it fixed one more time. Don't waste time with Jeep Cares. Call Jeep Wave directly and get a case manager assigned and a case opened if you haven't already. I think this is important for documenting the problems, and if you're lucky enough to get a good case manager, they will actually be helpful. I started with a good case manager, who was on loan from Maserati, and he was helpful the short time he was on my case.
It got fixed at the dealership but it was fixed twice in 1 month on a brand new car that only had 5000 miles on it. I shouldn’t have to fix a fuel pump that soon and the model has a faulty fuel pump recall on it that is not safe. So basically I’m driving around in a car that has a faulty fuel pump and I already had to get it fixed twice and I’m not even at 5500 miles yet. It’s just a headache especially when I’m paying a lot of money for it. I am so disappointed in Jeep.
Sponsored