5.5 inch Lift kit with 37 tires

Majedhd

First Name
Majed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
It’s my first post here , and Looking for advice. I am planing for a project on my new Rubicon. Want to lift it more than 5.5inch. One of the custom shop here advise for the 3.5inch full lift kit with vertex and then to add “double body spacer” to get the total of 5.5inch.

rough country have been announced today for their new 6inch lift kit ,it’s going to cost more and super expansive but thinking that it could be better than this double spacer option? So please advice

thanks
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It’s my first post here , and Looking for advice. I am planing for a project on my new Rubicon. Want to lift it more than 5.5inch. One of the custom shop here advise for the 3.5inch full lift kit with vertex and then to add “double body spacer” to get the total of 5.5inch.

rough country have been announced today for their new 6inch lift kit ,it’s going to cost more and super expansive but thinking that it could be better than this double spacer option? So please advice

thanks
Why would you want that much lift? You can fit 40" tires with a little fender mods with a 3.5" lift. You're just raising your COG for no reason. My 37s fit on my Rubicon with no lift. They would have rubbed under articulation but 3.5-4.5" of lift is plenty on these things. It's not a TJ.

OP
OP

Majedhd

First Name
Majed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Why would you want that much lift? You can fit 40" tires with a little fender mods with a 3.5" lift. You're just raising your COG for no reason. My 37s fit on my Rubicon with no lift. They would have rubbed under articulation but 3.5-4.5" of lift is plenty on these things. It's not a TJ.
You are right in term of size , Just want to get the height with aggressive look. I have seen a modified one with same specs of 5.5inch and it’s amazing with 20inch wheel.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You are right in term of size , Just want to get the height with aggressive look. I have seen a modified one with same specs of 5.5inch and it’s amazing with 20inch wheel.
Ahh, you're a 20" wheel guy. Never mind me then. Our tastes are obviously not even in the same world.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yep you can chuck this post right out the window... 20" rims... bye Felicia.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
With that much lift you could easily fit 42s. Way too much lift for 37s.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You will certainly have the coolest Jeep at the Mall.

Body lift is a terrible idea in general, usually. Double body lift is at least twice as bad of an idea.
While I normally agree about the body lift, it might be the only way to get the fuel tank lifted on these belly-draggers.

Captain Obvious

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2 door
While I normally agree about the body lift, it might be the only way to get the fuel tank lifted on these belly-draggers.
Yeah, that’s why I said usually. I figured there had to be some reason that it might be right for someone. Getting super high to clear some sweet dub-dubs probably isn’t one of them. Lol

OP
OP

Majedhd

First Name
Majed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
You will certainly have the coolest Jeep at the Mall.

Body lift is a terrible idea in general, usually. Double body lift is at least twice as bad of an idea.
I am re considering after all those comments. No one really support it. Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

Majedhd

First Name
Majed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2019
Hey man don't let us stop you. What you like is up to you not us.
It’s not about stopping. But it seems it’s not likeable idea in Jeep community. Since I am new on that. Still learning from you guys who have the experience. So doing my research and trying to understand what’s good and what I should avoid.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not about stopping. But it seems it’s not likeable idea in Jeep community. Since I am new on that. Still learning from you guys who have the experience. So doing my research and trying to understand what’s good and what I should avoid.
Dang now I actually feel bad. The Jeep community, like any other, is going to have varying opinions ranging from the Purist to the Mall Crawl Queen.
Personally I fall on the Purist end. My philosophy is if you have a Jeep then use it, build it, off road it, and do it all over again.
Then you have the Mall Crawl Queen and there is one on this forum that has a very nice Rubicon sitting on 20s with a lift etc... she is proud to be a mall crawler and the fact that her rig will never go off road. I shake my head at people like that but that's just my opinion. Like the other guy said, this is your Jeep and you gotta do what YOU like BUT if you go throwing 20" rims and an angry grill on it you need to understand some of us are going to bust your balls ;)

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If you like 20 inch wheels, there is nothing wrong with that. Many people run 20s on their jeep. It isn't ideal for offroading, but most jeeps don't see much time offroad. 20s and 37s is a fine combination. Just remember that you will need to reprogram for the larger tire size.

I like big jeeps as well, but with that comes a large price tag to do it correctly. At 6 inches of lift, you will need additional parts beyond the lift kit to make it work properly. Even when done correctly, the ride quality will change greatly with a 6 inch lift.

If you are set on 37s I would suggest a 2-2.5" lift. It will be more economical and have less of an impact on the ride quality of your jeep.

Last edited:

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Love the idea of 20’s. Not a fan of body lift. You can run 37’s on a lower lift depending on how much flex you would like.
Sponsored