Sponsored

It ticks me off when other drivers....................

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
-tail gaters (no one in sight when you pull into the highway......within minute or 2 someones on your bumper)
-tail gaters at night with LED headlights
-playing with phones while driving
-switching lanes in front of you as soon as they are 3 feet past your bumper
-slowing down as soon as they get in front of you
-going 1/2 mph faster than the 18 wheeler next to them blocking the left lane for miles
-can't maintain speed/failure to use cruise control
-LED headlights (only those who have them can see.......everyone else in blinded.
-driving with fog lights on when not needed blinding everyone
-swinging out into oncoming traffic when their lane is obstructed or someone is slowing to turn instead of waiting until its clear to do so and forcing oncoming traffic off the road. (have noticed this a lot coming around a curve or over a hill and there is someone coming at you head on as they needed to go around a bicyclist, pedestrian, or parked car etc...
-pulling out into 50 mph traffic when there is not enough time for you get up to speed and impeding traffic causing all to jam on the brakes because you're an entitled AssHat Jackwagon. (and if they waited 5 seconds there was no one behind you for miles)
-cutting corners at intersections within inches of those waiting at a light with there is plenty or room to make a proper turn
-pulling onto the shoulder to get out of the way of a retarded tail gater and they blast their horn at you as you let them go around you........and you were exceeding the speed limit as well but it wasn't good/fast enough for them.
+1 on the fog light thing......
+1 pulling out in traffic causing you to brake when there is no one behind you for miles - probably my biggest pet peeve..
Sponsored

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
-
-cutting corners at intersections within inches of those waiting at a light with there is plenty or room to make a proper turn
welp.

this happened yesterday. while i was waiting patiently at the light, some dumb broad cut extremely close and HIT my fender flare

the scratch is minor, but pissed me off to no end. she didnt even stop, and ran like a bat outta hell.

i barely had my wrangler for 2 months, i ll get over it.

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
welp.

this happened yesterday. while i was waiting patiently at the light, some dumb broad cut extremely close and HIT my fender flare

the scratch is minor, but pissed me off to no end. she didnt even stop, and ran like a bat outta hell.

i barely had my wrangler for 2 months, i ll get over it.
....it gives it some personality :)

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
How about being stuck behind people that don’t pull into the intersection when waiting to make a left. The light changes to red and not even one car goes left.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Crossed over 2 lanes without shoulder checking her blind spot and nearly caused a major multi collision accident in the rain at highway speeds. Saw her front driver tire make a beeline into my lane and blasted the horn. Even keeping it on solid she had no clue what the problem was until I passed her. Can happen with guys as well. Makes sense why our insurance rates go up every year.

4A9CF5C5-D899-4B05-97CA-D73A551C294C.png

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Crossed over 2 lanes without shoulder checking her blind spot and nearly caused a major multi collision accident in the rain at highway speeds. Saw her front driver tire make a beeline into my lane and blasted the horn. Even keeping it on solid she had no clue what the problem was until I passed her. Can happen with guys as well. Makes sense why our insurance rates go up every year.

4A9CF5C5-D899-4B05-97CA-D73A551C294C.png
No doubt BRuby, it’s because of drivers like that I won’t get a motorcycle.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
No doubt BRuby, it’s because of drivers like that I won’t get a motorcycle.
Yep our son now 25 played with the idea then came to his Engineering senses. We know many who have been in serious crashes. All it takes is a tiny nudge at highway speeds and you are ground meat.

I was thinking ok you are going to smash into my fender flare any second now. Good thing she finally backed off after getting blasted by the horn. Positive for the JL is the horn provides a decent enough blare. Haha!

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
- drivers who go 5-10mph under posted speed limits.

usually driving a Honda CRV or similar crossover, or a Subaru. I think they test Subaru drivers and make them buy something else if they demonstrate competence. (I inherited a Legacy and while it works great in the winter it cannot get out of its own way, so I happily gave it and all its annoying safety nannies to my newly licensed teen).

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
How about being stuck behind people that don’t pull into the intersection when waiting to make a left. The light changes to red and not even one car goes left.
You are not supposed to pull into the intersection. Never cross the hold short line till you can completely cross the intersection.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Let's talk about roundabouts. My town has FIVE within a very short span.

1. Don't STOP before entering if there's no traffic coming from the left.

2. Don't GO if there's traffic coming from the left.

3. Don't STOP if you see a car waiting to enter from the RIGHT.

4. Don't race down the TWO lane road leading up to the roundabout just so you can get in front before it merges into ONE lane just so you can then slow down and hold everyone behind you below the speed limit.

5. STAY IN YOUR LANE! Don't enter via the right lane and then cut through the left lane trying to cut the circle.

6. Use your turn signals to indicate that you're exciting so people waiting to enter can do so.

It's really not that complicated and honestly I've come to really like roundabouts. When folks use them correctly traffic flows very well.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Lately its been folks not inching out into the intersection on a flashing yellow which we have here. Just get your ass out there so we can all go when there is an opening. I guess they are new to our state and folks don't know how they work yet.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Maybe I'm mistaken, and no disrespect intended, but I always thought the person merging into the flow has to do the yielding. If I'm already on a road, and you're trying to merge on, I have the right of way and no obligation to yield. Of course any decent human being is going to help you out and not run you off the road for no reason.
Unfortunately, you are correct - drivers in the continuing lane do have a right of way.

However, as you have correctly stated above you are merging. The ideal merge is the 'zipper merge' where one vehicle alternate in the through lane. I agree with your sentiment that he driver in the through lane should take action to assist the drivers who are merging.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
You are not supposed to pull into the intersection. Never cross the hold short line till you can completely cross the intersection.
Guess what UK, if you drive like that here in NYC you'll sit at that red light all day.

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
Them Bastardo's always in a hurry, I am not gonna be sorry for enjoying the ride in my Wrangler. Life is to short to be in a hurry bruh.

Oh and cutting right in the front lane knowing you had to be in that lane but didn't want to wait in line. Hope you get Pink eye ya Jerk.
Sponsored