Krown rust proof for new 2020 JL, and sensors

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Need to get rust proofing done through KROWN, which is oil based. Just concerned if by doing the KROWN rust proofing, if it will cause any issues with any of the sensors on the JL. Please advise, anyone, asap as I need to get this done before the snow fall.
Sponsored

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Need to get rust proofing done through KROWN, which is oil based. Just concerned if by doing the KROWN rust proofing, if it will cause any issues with any of the sensors on the JL. Please advise, anyone, asap as I need to get this done before the snow fall.
Why do you think would effect sensors?

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I've been bringing my vehicles to Krown for 15+ years. Never had any issues other than door seals and hood seals getting a bit loose after about 10 years of annual applications. No big deal, considering that the body and underside looks brand new.

To me the biggest benefit has been that I've never had to repair something like a brake line, gas tank, fuel line, etc in the winter because of rust.

OP
OP

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a proactive question as this is my first jeep ever. Some Ford SUVs have had the sensor issues recently due to their placement, and hence the question. I have used Krown on my other SUVs without any issues.

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my second zeibart rust proofing on my 2018 JL, no issues whatsoever, but also no rust :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Folks, my question is not so much with rust proofing itself. My concern is , if there are any known issues with JL and krown rust proofing with respect to any sensors in the jeep that may be exposed during rustproofing.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

from the two post above seems like your all good. no issues have been reported

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Folks, my question is not so much with rust proofing itself. My concern is , if there are any known issues with JL and krown rust proofing with respect to any sensors in the jeep that may be exposed during rustproofing.
I've had a Krown treatment on my Rubicon 2 times so far. Been through 1 winter so far. No issues.

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
These sorts of products are dubious at best. The damage they do drilling holes everywhere to spray an oily goop into the crevices of your vehicle makes little sense. All new vehicles are galvanized steel or Aluminum and simply don't have corrosion issues like cars 20 years ago did.

Spray your car off to keep the salt and ice off it and that's all you need to do.

If you watch the KROWN (or similar product) videos you should be able to see right through their claims. The best is "lubricates hidden mechanical parts!"

OP
OP

Arif

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the Krown rust proofing done. No problems. Thanks for all your input.
Sponsored