Sponsored

Post a screenshot of your average MPG here!

High or Low AVG MPG's

• Total voters

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
Meh, at the end of the day I fill it when's it on E. Other than that I pay mpgs no mind.

I thought by posting this thread a common denominator would become more evident.

The catch is...it hasnt, and the amount of screenshots with high numbers is very interesting especially with Jeep Wranglers.
There is one gas station on my home from work. If I fill it there, reset my MPG AVG, my trip odometers, and drive for next 17 miles home, my avg MPG will be close to 30. That is because, the whole stretch is pretty much downhill or flat with little uphill. But look at it in the morning, the avg drops to 19-20 :) So, I won't consider first few miles as real avg MPG, but something very close to E (where range shows about 30-40 miles) is fairly accurate and acceptable. If you look at high averages, the range left is 300+
Sponsored

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
There is one gas station on my home from work. If I fill it there, reset my MPG AVG, my trip odometers, and drive for next 17 miles home, my avg MPG will be close to 30. That is because, the whole stretch is pretty much downhill or flat with little uphill. But look at it in the morning, the avg drops to 19-20 :) So, I won't consider first few miles as real avg MPG, but something very close to E (where range shows about 30-40 miles) is fairly accurate and acceptable. If you look at high averages, the range left is 300+
Good input, makes total sense.

There has to be an underlying reason...I mean, we all have the same machines(varying, yes) but all the same.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I dont understand why you reset the avg MPG. Look, you are after the overall ave MPG. Resetting simply gives you the average for that tank of gas. What you are after, is your jeeps overall ave mpg. Leave the reset button alone and drive your jeep . You will get the true average mpg. I have never hit the reset button and the reading I get is my jeeps true overall average mpg.

Last edited:

Udi

First Name
Udi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2.0L, 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
You must have not seen this picture... This is after 6 hours and 20 minutes of mountain driving, ending at a higher elevation than the starting point.

odo.jpg

Last edited:

Udi

First Name
Udi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good input, makes total sense.

There has to be an underlying reason...I mean, we all have the same machines(varying, yes) but all the same.
There is a very simple explanation. The Jeep CAN and does consume a lot of gas when you step on the accelerator. It has the aerodynamics of a brick. Different people have different driving habits. If the question is - what is possible? Look at my picture above. That is possible if you drive carefully for a long distance on mostly empty roads cruising close to optimum speed. If the question is - what's your long term average? The answer depends on each person driving conditions and habits.

Sponsored

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
You must have not seen this picture... This is after 6 hours and 20 minutes of mountain driving, ending at a higher elevation than the starting point.

odo.jpg
No way!! Theres more to this....that's impossible.

I'm not stupid by a long shot.

no way 30 average no way beat it

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
There is a very simple explanation. The Jeep CAN and does consume a lot of gas when you step on the accelerator. It has the aerodynamics of a brick. Different people have different driving habits. If the question is - what is possible? Look at my picture above. That is possible if you drive carefully for a long distance on mostly empty roads cruising close to optimum speed. If the question is - what's your long term average? The answer depends on each person driving conditions and habits.
No, that's not true or Jeep would slap that on the window sticker and sell it.

Driving habits only go so far.

Udi

First Name
Udi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No way!! Theres more to this....that's impossible.

I'm not stupid by a long shot.
Could have fooled me...

I am giving you facts with an explanation and you are refusing to accept it. Jeep cannot post this on their sticker because there are rules set by the government for how they need to measure gas mileage. They are not allowed to find the most economical speed and post that on the sticker.

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Could have fooled me...

I am giving you facts with an explanation and you are refusing to accept it. Jeep cannot post this on their sticker because there are rules set by the government for how they need to measure gas mileage. They are not allowed to find the most economical speed and post that on the sticker.
Do you get out and push to accelerate?

Through it in neutral and ebrake to stop?

Winch yourself through rolling hills?

How in heck you getting 30mpgs average?!

...I give up, that's enough internet for today.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Okay, sat down and read the owners manual on how to work the dash panel. Pretty cool what you can do with it.

Anyway, here's a screen shot of the gas mileage I've been getting since the Jeep was brand new. 2019 Sport S 2-Door with 3.6 V6 automatic.

FuelGage.jpg

Best,
-Tim
:rock: welcome my fellow JL Sport S!

Sponsored

otter3591

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
I've seen people posting screenshots of averaging mpgs in the 24's, 25's and as high as 28mpg with ranges of 400-500+ ranges.

I've never seen or heard of such high numbers in a Jeep Wrangler.

I get 14-16mpgs on avg with a range of 280-315 avg.

I am lifted 2.5", 35" KO2's.

When it was stock I remember 330ish range with 16-18avg mpge and driving my new rig like a baby.

How are these folks getting such high numbers that Jeep cant even claim the Wrangler gets?

....do these number really exist or are people somehow fudging there claims?
I avarage 25-27 mpgs, 2019 JLU Sport S with manual transmission, winter time it goes down some.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
I average 24 to 25 around town and when I get on the freeway I set the cruise and get around 28 to 30

B04A9F5E-FD8E-4ABC-9452-D49E602FEAB3.jpeg

Reactions: Udi

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
I have to share this as I was super impressed with a stock 3.6 JL sport with street tires which I rented while in WY & MT this past summer. While on a 200 mile leg from Cooke City MT to Jackson Hole WY via Yellowstone NP and over one mountain pass I was getting 33 mpg!! My speeds were generally between 45-55 mph so I knew I was hitting a sweet spot but nevertheless very surprised!

2BE6A05C-DF14-4014-AD0F-2A09FDF121AD.png

Reactions: Udi

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I have to share this as I was super impressed with a stock 3.6 JL sport with street tires which I rented while in WY & MT this past summer. While on a 200 mile leg from Cooke City MT to Jackson Hole WY via Yellowstone NP and over one mountain pass I was getting 33 mpg!! My speeds were generally between 45-55 mph so I knew I was hitting a sweet spot but nevertheless very surprised!

2BE6A05C-DF14-4014-AD0F-2A09FDF121AD.png
How high.... As in how high was the mountain you fell off to get that mpg