Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes, I'll probably go ahead and do both, even though the rear on the Rubi doesn't have that vulnerability. Definitely can't hurt to have additional protection at the cost of a little weight and 1/4".

Sorry to hear you went through that ordeal, but damn nice Amica covered you.
Yeah, before our trip out West I talked to Amica to see what the policy was and I was pleasantly surprised at what was covered. We still had to choke up $1800 to do the upgrade but picking up D44s, lockers and an AUX switch bank for $1800 is a pretty good deal IMO.
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yikes, I'll probably go ahead and do both, even though the rear on the Rubi doesn't have that vulnerability. Definitely can't hurt to have additional protection at the cost of a little weight and 1/4".

Sorry to hear you went through that ordeal, but damn nice Amica covered you.
FWIW I think the Next Venture (I think that's what he calls himself?) rear skid is the best by far.

The MetalCloak is kinda ghetto with u-bolts around the tubes and I honestly don't know much about Rancho's offering.

I plan to eventually build something like the Next Venture for myself, slated for 2083 start date, given my schedule....

Reactions: apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW I think the Next Venture (I think that's what he calls himself?) rear skid is the best by far.

The MetalCloak is kinda ghetto with u-bolts around the tubes and I honestly don't know much about Rancho's offering.

I plan to eventually build something like the Next Venture for myself, slated for 2083 start date, given my schedule....
Ooh, thanks for heads up about Next Venture, just checked out his offerings and they look really good.

I would definitely consider placing an order for yours but by that time our Jeeps may be flying...and I'll be dead as disco.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery