Sponsored

2020 Willys ordering question

tonester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade Deserthawk
I was going through the configurator last night for a 2020 Willys and noticed the steel bumper group nor the 8.4 display screen is not available for the Willys. I wonder why these options are not allowed on the Willys.
Sponsored

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
I was going through the configurator last night for a 2020 Willys and noticed the steel bumper group nor the 8.4 display screen is not available for the Willys. I wonder why these options are not allowed on the Willys.
i believe it is because the Willys is based on a Sport and those options are not available on a Sport. Just like the Proximity Keyless Entry.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
to force you to buy a Rubicon you don't need, to get bumpers you don't need.

Good news is, people sell them far cheaper than factory anyway.
also good news, there are cheaper and better looking aftermarket bumpers IMO.

OP
OP

tonester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade Deserthawk
Sucks that Jeep is forcing a trim on people just for certain options. I’m probably one of the very few who actually like the look of the Jeep steel bumper. I can go without the nav but the larger screen wouldn’t hurt.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Sucks that Jeep is forcing a trim on people just for certain options. I’m probably one of the very few who actually like the look of the Jeep steel bumper. I can go without the nav but the larger screen wouldn’t hurt.
Agreed, but as Chrispy said, it may still be cheaper to add those options after the fact. Build out your Willys and add the cost of Mopar or aftermarket parts and see how the price compares to a Sahara or Rubicon build.

Even if I add the 8.4 inch screen to my build later, it’s still $400 cheaper than moving up to the extra options I don’t care about in the higher trims.
Sponsored