Sponsored

Besttop Sunrider for Jeep JL Hardtop, Discussion?

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
How hard is it to swap the Sunrider out and go back to the Freedom panels? I would want to go back to the freedom panels for the winter and rainy spring season, the keep the Sunrider on for the summer and fall.

Is it easy to swap back and forth for the freedom panels?

I test drove a JL with the Sunrider and it was awesome.
6 bolts. EASY. Just be patient when lifting on and off by yourself so that you don't scratch any painted surfaces. Much easier if you have someone to help you lift the Sunrider assembly. Great addition, had one on the JK too. We do take ours off for the winter. But as OP have said it's not necessary.
Sponsored

BoatTox

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon XR -Skratch
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sitting
I have 2 sunriders for both of my Jeeps and I only undo the 2 rear bolts, remove HT and ride for days with Sunrider and no HT.

I do have the full JTOPS on both as well and this combo allows me to use the sunrider anytime I feel like it and the JTOPS provide some sun protection but really shines in helping the sunrider when open from wind buffeting and noise reduction.

With the Sunrider closed and HT on plus the JTOPS noise level is even with the Freedom panels in.

Best Hybrid combo out there for me.
I know this post is two years old, but I was wondering. Can you open your sunrider from the inside with the JTOPS? or do you reach out and do it from the outside? I like to be able to easily open and close mine. We have cats in the garage and I have to open and close each time I come in. Thanks. Also have they still held up and are you still happy with your setup?