Sponsored

Post a screenshot of your average MPG here!

High or Low AVG MPG's

• Total voters
OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Here’s where I am with mileage. I really want a rubicon. The price difference between a rubicon and Sahara is minimal. The Sahara is more practical for every day driving but I want to go on Jamborees and do some trips. The rubicon seems like a better option. When it comes to engines the 2.0 etorque is not only gone from the rubicon but on the Sahara they dropped the MPG estimates to match the non etorque. So it seems you no longer get any mpg benefit to etorque.

As far as the 3.6 to 2.0 the jump in price is 2k for the auto compared to the manual 3.6. Per the epa site it will mean I spend 1k more in gas over 5 years. So 10 years to make up the difference and I lose the fun of a manual.

I don’t see why I would get the 2.0

21615573-6792-489F-8BE7-726495A9C1B5.png
But how? How did you get 28mpg? How.
My argument is, if someone can actually achieve 28mpg avg, why won’t FCA market the JLs as such, what are you doing that nobody else are to get those numbers? Is this repeatable?
I’m really curious to see the math behind it.
Exactly. How are some people getting such high numbers?

Honestly, I call bs.

Most screenshots are of brand spanking new Jeeps. Mine was like that first few tank fill ups.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
“Sahara w 35s putting up 20”! Like i said its has some un-wrangler-like mpg, still kind of surprises me.

It surprises me too! I was expecting to be around 15 or 16 after the lift and tires. Obviously I didn't buy the jeep for its fuel efficiency, but I'm not going to complain if I have to stop to refuel less often.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Not pictured, Lie-O-Meter is reading 15.2 MPG.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
2019 2-dr Sport (all stock), 2.0L, Goodyear A/Ts. I fill with 87 octane. The Jeep is rarely (~5%) driven on the hwy. We have averaged just over 25 mpg over 6300 miles.

Last edited:

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Exactly. How are some people getting such high numbers?

Honestly, I call bs.

Most screenshots are of brand spanking new Jeeps. Mine was like that first few tank fill ups.
My wifes Sahara averages 26 and she has 4k miles on it. My guess is the hard top gives her a little less wind resistance than my soft top. I dont think anyone is trying to bull shit you. There are far more entertaining things for one to do with ones time.

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
OEM Bridgestone Dueler A/T , completely stock, 91 oct nonethanol,rural hilly roads, no stop and go.
IMG_0768.JPG
I had same average when the Jeep was rand new also.

Dont know why but I did...

Anyone with 5000 miles plus on there Jeep can claim these numbers?

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Why is Jeep claiming much lower averages then?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
No that's not true...we all understand(obviously) larger tires, lifts etc get you less mpgs.

Point here is trying to figure out how some people are getting such high avg mpgs and fuel ranges.
Small diameter stock tires, no lift, no light bars or pods, no removal of that little filler between the bumper and fender, keep the top on, slower cruise speeds and a very foot on the pedal off the lights. There's no secrets.

Just driving 60 mph instead of 70 mph, will reduce the horsepower required around 30% or more.

Big, fat, knobby tires have much higher rolling losses than those short, skinny, street treaded, stock, Sport tires. Also, those big, wide, tall, tires have more aerodynamic drag and can contribute 10% to the overall drag. Add a lift and the tires get more exposed to the direct airstream. One of those full width light bars across the roof or a roof rack can dramatically increase drag. Most mods Jeepers do increases power required to move it down the highway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My wifes Sahara averages 26 and she has 4k miles on it. My guess is the hard top gives her a little less wind resistance than my soft top. I dont think anyone is trying to bull shit you. There are far more entertaining things for one to do with ones time.
You understand my point though right?

Why wouldn't Jeep use those percentages then?

By bullshit, I mean not being completely honest with circumstances.

Sponsored

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Small diameter stock tires, no lift, no light bars or pods, no removal of that little filler between the bumper and fender, keep the top on, slower cruise speeds and a very foot on the pedal off the lights. There's no secrets.

Just driving 60 mph instead of 70 mph, will reduce the horsepower required around 30% or more.

Big, fat, knobby tires have much higher rolling losses than those short, skinny, street treaded, stock, Sport tires. Also, those big, wide, tall, tires have more aerodynamic drag and can contribute 10% to the overall drag. Add a lift and the tires get more exposed to the direct airstream.
Yes we all understand that

On a Base model Sport that has lawn mower tires on it Jeep claims 22avg.

How are peeps getting 26,28?? Notice all the Jeeps screenshot have only few hundred miles...that is why, because there is no average to go off of.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
You understand my point though right?

Why wouldn't Jeep use those percentages then?

By bullshit, I mean not being completely honest with circumstances.
We have no street lights , just lazy country roads. Average speed between 40 and 50 . Hardly the norm for the average Jeep owner .

OP
OP
¤|||||||¤

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
We have no street lights , just lazy country roads. Average speed between 40 and 50 . Hardly the norm for the average Jeep owner .
Sounds like my kind of town!

Gimme second..gonna fill her up and post a screen shot.

Just returned from a 500mile trek up north, all highway, rolling hills, 68mph cruise control.
Sponsored