Who has the best quality etc?

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I have the Hooke shelf and ARB 50 and DFG low profile slider. I had to raise the shelf a little but it has worked well. I have wanted to switch to the vector but I’m not sure about not having a lip on the back. I also wonder if it will fit with my CoolTechLLC fire extinguisher mount.

28A0E93A-1F7E-4C26-A949-CFAD0A4F9AE1.jpeg

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have the Hooke shelf and ARB 50 and DFG low profile slider. I had to raise the shelf a little but it has worked well. I have wanted to switch to the vector but I’m not sure about not having a lip on the back. I also wonder if it will fit with my CoolTechLLC fire extinguisher mount.

28A0E93A-1F7E-4C26-A949-CFAD0A4F9AE1.jpeg
That looks great. I like the DFG offering. But I think, and to update the thread, I’m going to wait for the front runner full slide out.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I have been running the Dometic CFX 40 in a 2018 JLUR. I have the unit in the back of the JEEP for about a year. I have the dometic fridge slide and thermal cover as well. The CFX 40 will fit on either side of the JEEP. I have been swapping sides back and forth trying to determine where I ultimately would like to mount it. So far I am more partial to the passenger side. However after a year of trying to decide...I still havent put the slide in. Not sure I ever will.

For the most parts...when I am wheeling the back is so packed that the fridge doesnt bounce or move about and when I am using as a daily driver...the option to just take it out when needed take just a moment.

I use mine daily...food and drinks. I run it off a Yeti 1000. When I get home... I plug the fridge into the AC and charge the Yeti. Never have to worry about dual battery or running out of power. The fridge will run 7 to 10 days on the Yeti without recharge depending on thermal load and depending on frequency of getting into it.

I run a softtop as well as a hard top..... so security was one of my biggest issues. The slip stream with at 4" top will fit over the fridge with the slide....but with the 4" slip stream top...the softtop does not go down as well as I would like. One of the reasons I haven't put the slide in.... If I really want to go topless or what not...the fridge is the problem to having any security in the back.

Good luck on your search.

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have been running the Dometic CFX 40 in a 2018 JLUR. I have the unit in the back of the JEEP for about a year. I have the dometic fridge slide and thermal cover as well. The CFX 40 will fit on either side of the JEEP. I have been swapping sides back and forth trying to determine where I ultimately would like to mount it. So far I am more partial to the passenger side. However after a year of trying to decide...I still havent put the slide in. Not sure I ever will.

For the most parts...when I am wheeling the back is so packed that the fridge doesnt bounce or move about and when I am using as a daily driver...the option to just take it out when needed take just a moment.

I use mine daily...food and drinks. I run it off a Yeti 1000. When I get home... I plug the fridge into the AC and charge the Yeti. Never have to worry about dual battery or running out of power. The fridge will run 7 to 10 days on the Yeti without recharge depending on thermal load and depending on frequency of getting into it.

I run a softtop as well as a hard top..... so security was one of my biggest issues. The slip stream with at 4" top will fit over the fridge with the slide....but with the 4" slip stream top...the softtop does not go down as well as I would like. One of the reasons I haven't put the slide in.... If I really want to go topless or what not...the fridge is the problem to having any security in the back.

Good luck on your search.
Seven days on a GZ1000?!? That’s insane. So I could get away with a 400 even then, especially if I go solar.

Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Well....i fogot to mention outside / ambient temperature has an affect on it as well....but I left mine in a parking garage with a very dense pack of food.....temp set to 28 and 9 days later...came back and the battery was just about out.. The CFX actually cut out before the battery .... if the DC voltage gets too low...it stops drawinging.

Typically...with a mid size load and opening 2 or 3 times a day...i can easily go 3 to 4 days. The thermal load really makes the difference. Best times can be achieved by putting in your load already at the desired temp rather than having the CFX bring the temp down.

I am not certain how a 400 will work...but I know there are a few people here running them that way. There is a Yeti Car Charge Kit. Thats next on my list....that will charge the Yeti when the engine is on. Given the speed of charging...i don't know if I will ever need to plug it back in to the wall...... I will find out.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have a 50qt ARB and have been looking at rear fridge slides and drawers for a while now, I didnt see AAL MASS Storage platform mentioned here so figured I would, its quite stout and versatile from the looks and few reviews Ive seen. But the price..ouch.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I have a 50qt ARB and have been looking at rear fridge slides and drawers for a while now, I didnt see AAL MASS Storage platform mentioned here so figured I would, its quite stout and versatile from the looks and few reviews Ive seen. But the price..ouch.
The AAL stuff is very reasonable when you see it in person and know what all went into it! Every piece is laser cut and exact. I have been so impressed with their parts I’m going to be ordering a bunch of their stuff for my personal jeeps! Here’s a couple pics from a build we’re working on.

I ended up with the Snomaster 42. Hopefully picking it up tomorrow.
We do a lot with snomaster and can say with certainty they are excellent! I think you’ll be very happy you went with them.

Brett

E4F5F64A-B17A-42FC-8BC3-8CC7749DD207.jpeg

E0EC782B-5727-49C4-A1F0-60AE9684E46C.jpeg

DCB11574-0151-437B-BF0B-C0D7654A6F11.jpeg

ACFF3814-3BD6-4F45-A8BA-5C7C4F85AB88.jpeg
Sponsored