Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
THAT is the goal. lol

Nice camping setup. Love it. :like:

Would the rack do better on the trailer? I'm trying to keep the soft top and not add weight up high. :movember:
Im sure some type of rack on the camper would work also. It would have to fit around the roof vent. I have an ARB awning on one side and a kayak rack on the other side of the camper. (Use to be two kayaks until I added the awning.)

Golfshrink

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, ‘07 Toyota FJ Cruiser & 1968 IH Scout 800
Vehicle Showcase
Just went into production a couple weeks ago. Maximus-3. Put it to use this weekend.

IMG_20191003_103346_811.jpg

IMG_20191003_103346_812.jpg
Can you tell me about pulling your Little Guy with your 2 door Rubi? I’ve got a similar sized trailer (Hiker 5x8) and am contemplating a JLR as a tow vehicle. How does it handle the LG? Are you running manual or auto? If auto, which engine? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Paul19JLR

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell me about pulling your Little Guy with your 2 door Rubi? I’ve got a similar sized trailer (Hiker 5x8) and am contemplating a JLR as a tow vehicle. How does it handle the LG? Are you running manual or auto? If auto, which engine? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
There's been times towing it on the highway when I look in my rear view and think "Sonnofabitch is riding on my a...... oh yeah that's the trailer."
3.6L auto. wants to stay in 7th gear @ 70-75mph, which if it were a truck with a tow package, it would have the button to keep it out of over drive. It tows much nicer than the 2 DR JK Moab I had with 3:73's and 35's. Mileage varies greatly depending on terrain and speed. The roof rack loaded up took even more gas to move thru the air. Braking has no issues. I haven't weighed the loaded trailer but my guess-timate is 1300# - Dry is 900#

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
pic with Rubi fenders installed
jeep rubi pic.jpg
I saw earlier you said you have the RC 3.5” with the CAD. Is that the set-up that comes with the replacement driveshaft as well?

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
aoaa, where is this? on a different note, did the offroad park in hazelton pa close down and became i think an airport or something.
AOAA is in central Pennsylvania near Shamokin

Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
love the area, My wife and I spent the night ar Lunch Peak Lookout nearby.
Are you from the area?
Trestle creek (Lunch Peak area) is great for snowmobiling.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
new tires and wheels...
JL w new shoes 2.jpg
JL w new shoes 2 (1).jpg
Damn that’s a clean jeep, pintlers look nice. I keep telling myself I don’t need them. Why AEV wheels gotta be so pricey.
Had a deal lined up for saverges but they weigh 33lbs, too much for me. Pintlers are much lighter and better looking imo
Sponsored