Sponsored

Loose steering feels like it has play and drifts

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
And to add to this BS saga.

After my 2nd visit to a dealer, again being told it's completely normal, I left without getting an invoice for documentation. I called the dealer to have them send me a receipt of my visit and their logbook says "Customer never showed up" which is complete BS as I spoke to a manager, drove with a tech, and had them lift it to inspect the front end. Now I can't get anyone to send me a receipt of the visit.
Sponsored

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
I've already done that. I've logged both visits with Jeep Cares & FCA so it shouldn't be an issue. Moreso, I'm wondering
why they're being so shady if the vehicle performs as it should?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
$3,162, plus Tazer. Yikes. We shouldn’t have to do spend that to fix a defect. FCA should buy it for us—would be cheaper than a buyback. /dreaming

The comparison video at the end was interesting. My steering is worse than his “before.”

Sponsored

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
$3,162, plus Tazer. Yikes. We shouldn’t have to do spend that to fix a defect. FCA should buy it for us—would be cheaper than a buyback. /dreaming

The comparison video at the end was interesting. My steering is worse than his “before.”
But isn't it normal to have some necessary correction with a solid axle vehicle?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
But isn't it normal to have some necessary correction with a solid axle vehicle?
That’s what I understand. However, our JKUR drove *much* better than my JLR. Driving to work is a white knuckle experience at times. It’s so bad we’ve canceled trips and don’t take it anywhere. A $50k vehicle that we don’t want to drive really is upsetting.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
That’s what I understand. However, our JKUR drove *much* better than my JLR. Driving to work is a white knuckle experience at times. It’s so bad we’ve canceled trips and don’t take it anywhere. A $50k vehicle that we don’t want to drive really is upsetting.
I would be much more than "upset." I give you credit.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I would be much more than "upset." I give you credit.
I’m supposed to hear from my Jeep Cares rep tomorrow about the next step in fixing my Jeep. I’m hopeful (delusional?), but it’s been a disappointing adventure so far.

I just want my Jeep to be capable on the freeway—not too much to ask. I am running out of patience, tho. I’ve had it.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I’m supposed to hear from my Jeep Cares rep tomorrow about the next step in fixing my Jeep. I’m hopeful (delusional?), but it’s been a disappointing adventure so far.

I just want my Jeep to be capable on the freeway—not too much to ask. I am running out of patience, tho. I’ve had it.
I wish you the best with this. It has to be really frustrating and infuriating!! Keep us posted.

Sponsored

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
If any of you are interested in installing this system call PCS and talk to them. I did and they quoted me a awesome price had I not traded for the Ram 1500 and did the PCS steering system. And remember the pricing with or without the ram makes a huge difference. I cannot remember for sure but I want to say I was quoted 2400 or 2600 for the system without the ram unit.

And trust me FCA knows they screwed up reallllly bad. And its only getting worse with the more JL's they sell. And you are not alone. The Gladiators are just as worse.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
If any of you are interested in installing this system call PCS and talk to them. I did and they quoted me a awesome price had I not traded for the Ram 1500 and did the PCS steering system. And remember the pricing with or without the ram makes a huge difference. I cannot remember for sure but I want to say I was quoted 2400 or 2600 for the system without the ram unit.

And trust me FCA knows they screwed up reallllly bad. And its only getting worse with the more JL's they sell. And you are not alone. The Gladiators are just as worse.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/fits/...pk1880-psc-power-steering-pump-conversion-kit

$1439 at NorthRidge.....

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The video showed the various front suspension components removed. He then showed how much movement the bolts had in the holes, basically showing that the bolt to hole tolerances were not very tight. In my opinion what he showed could lead to alignment variation and if the front axle took a bit hit on a pot hole the alignment could shift.
Was it similar to this example on a JK?

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler