QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
What level is the max volume on your stereo? Mine says 38. I swear it used to be more (52?) but not now. And the volume for music (XM and Android Auto) is barely enough driving with top down/doors off but the Favorites aural alert chime is super loud (over 9000!) I think it's artificially limiting the music but not the tone. Anyone?

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Most wheels are going to be heavier than 21lbs. But let us know what you find

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
What level is the max volume on your stereo? Mine says 38. I swear it used to be more (52?) but not now. And the volume for music (XM and Android Auto) is barely enough driving with top down/doors off but the Favorites aural alert chime is super loud (over 9000!) I think it's artificially limiting the music but not the tone. Anyone?
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRl1C2Jy0BQ_gvRYX31psJWaPIhCML-0NG97nbv5Kb3Yf79SkV2.jpg

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Would 245 75R17 all terrain tires work well for all pavement driving? It doesn’t rain much where I live but are these tires prone to hydroplaning in the rain? It’s for a Wrangler Sport S. Idk what brand they are but the Jeep website lists this tire as an option in the build.

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Would 245 75R17 all terrain tires work well for all pavement driving? It doesn’t rain much where I live but are these tires prone to hydroplaning in the rain? It’s for a Wrangler Sport S. Idk what brand they are but the Jeep website lists this tire as an option in the build.
Tread design is a bigger factor in hydroplaning than tire size.

Tirerack.com has some very useful, detailed reviews on various tires and is a valuable resource for determining how a specific tire will perform in different conditions.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I do know that Jp Magazine did a test a while back and found that in order to clearly hear music with the top down and doors off, you need a speaker with a sensitivity of 92dB, wheras most factory speakers are 85dB or less, if I recall correctly. It's been a while and I'm going on memory.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
When I had the top and doors off, I was able to hear the Premium Sound System fine at 28-29 level, but I also keep my speakers faded to the rear a notch or 2 so I get more sound from the speakers right behind me, so that may be helping. This was driving in the 45-50mph range mostly.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 2.0T came with that size, the Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S tires. I’m sure they’re a good tire in certain applications, but I had some scary hydroplaning issues on wet pavement. On a dry road they would also lose grip from a stop if I put my toe a little too far into the gas. I don’t like tires that lose grip under full acceleration; I want all of my torque to stick. After the second hydroplaning incident I replaced them with 285/70 17 Toyo Open Country A/Ts, and I couldn’t be happier - or safer.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Thanks all.

Update- today I started her up and at ~55 MPH with top down/doors off, radio set to 22 was louder than 38 the other day. I would say 38 was too damned loud, but that would mean I'm too damned old!

So now I have a new issue the dealer won't be able to duplicate along with audio that (sometimes) completely cuts out and rear lockers that (sometimes) give a disagree warning.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Best thing to do is get the specs and name brand of the tire and then look up reviews on tirerack.com or sites like that to get real life reviews.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Not true. I run hawse with wire rope...never have run rollers.....b/c they stick out too far.
Fair enough, I stand corrected. I swear I've read that several places on the Internet so I assumed it had to be true! ;)

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
This might seem a dumb question to some but can I drive around with just the windows pulled out of a Premier Sunrider soft top? So top is on for sun protection but without the plastic windows. Never had a soft top so I don’t know if the windows help hold the top in place preventing the soft top from flapping around.
Sponsored