Not open for further replies.

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
On back order from Quadratec. They expect mid June, not the indicated June 29 ship date. Any updates on that?
Not sure if this is the case with Quadratec but Amazon also told me it would take a month or so to ship. I figured what the hell and ordered anyway. Ended up only taking a week or so.

Granted I believe it’s no longer available on Amazon through JEGS but... hoping the back order situation isn’t as bad as they say.

Stay patient! :rock:
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
It was pointed out to me in this exhaust thread post that the OEM exhaust pipe has a location stud on the pipe to keep the OEM muffler from rotating. This stud keeps the Dynomax from fully seating all the way onto the OEM pipe resulting in slight exhaust leaking.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/removed-stock-muffler.4983/page-14#post-709715
Here's a few pics to show this stud and the notch I cut into the Dynomax pipe, now it fits all the way on (where the OEM muffler pipe mounted). My OEM pipe section had some soot around that clamped section so there WAS an exhaust leak there. Now that the notch is cut and the pipe fully seated the sound is nice & clean (had a bit of vibration sound at high rpms prior) and no leaks!
Hopefully @DynoMax Exhaust can make this slight improvement so it will be a 100% perfect install :)

100_4118.JPG

100_4120.JPG

100_4121.JPG

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
It was pointed out to me in this exhaust thread post that the OEM exhaust pipe has a location stud on the pipe to keep the OEM muffler from rotating. This stud keeps the Dynomax from fully seating all the way onto the OEM pipe resulting in slight exhaust leaking.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/removed-stock-muffler.4983/page-14#post-709715
Here's a few pics to show this stud and the notch I cut into the Dynomax pipe, now it fits all the way on (where the OEM muffler pipe mounted). My OEM pipe section had some soot around that clamped section so there WAS an exhaust leak there. Now that the notch is cut and the pipe fully seated the sound is nice & clean (had a bit of vibration sound at high rpms prior) and no leaks!
Hopefully @DynoMax Exhaust can make this slight improvement so it will be a 100% perfect install :)

100_4118.JPG

100_4120.JPG

100_4121.JPG
Thanks for the info. I am currently waiting on my Dynomax pipe which is back ordered. Perhaps this is the reason for the back order?

Last edited:

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Nice mod, one wonders why they didnt do that originally. Saving one step in the manufacturing process? One thing though is perhaps this wasnt on the 2018 JL's?

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
The dynomax system is great on the outside, but there was a noticeable drone on the inside at 1800-2300 rpms about. I had a shop add a bullet style muffler to it & it’s perfect. No more drone, as well as there’s no more ugly giant suitcase muffler. I had the shop paint it all black & you can’t even notice it’s there. It’s bit more aggressive than stock, but not as aggressive as it was without the added muffler. It was a Vibrant muffler, but I’m not sure which style nor the dimensions. I’ll snap a few pics tomorrow.
I was able to get rid of some of that drone by putting Constraint Layer Damping (CLD) on my hard top and floor panels.

Sponsored

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dynomax system is great on the outside, but there was a noticeable drone on the inside at 1800-2300 rpms about. I had a shop add a bullet style muffler to it & it’s perfect. No more drone, as well as there’s no more ugly giant suitcase muffler. I had the shop paint it all black & you can’t even notice it’s there. It’s bit more aggressive than stock, but not as aggressive as it was without the added muffler. It was a Vibrant muffler, but I’m not sure which style nor the dimensions. I’ll snap a few pics tomorrow.
I don't have any drone with mine. I guess it all depends on what we all see as drone?

ericpascual

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited rubicon
I installed this muffler elimination pipe but I notice I rev high changing gears anyone know why? Between 2500-3000 and sometimes it doesn’t even switch into next gear just revs pretty high.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed this muffler elimination pipe but I notice I rev high changing gears anyone know why? Between 2500-3000 and sometimes it doesn’t even switch into next gear just revs pretty high.
I doubt the muffler elimination pipe has anything to do with it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.