BLACK Wrangler JL Club

matchews

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks! I'll attach a few more. At first it seemed massive, not going to lie. It felt big, but I have been a few years removed from my TJ and K5 Blazer to say the least. Now I love the size. Its the perfect size IMO. Here are some pics from before the ceramic was applied but with the 2" mopar.

Mine from a local guy, he was $550 for the coating. Gotta understand it includes a full detail and prep. Wash, clay bar, etc. It was a little cheaper since the jeep was only a few weeks since delivery. A car that had more prep work would be a lot more. Which is why I did it as soon as I could. Mine is Gtechniq and EVO, there are other brands like opticoat and ceramic pro which are more complicated to do, therefore cost more to have applied. He had my jeep for 3 days and the level of work is well worth it. Delivery day did not compare to what it looked like after I picked it up from the detail shop.

IMG_0744.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpg
Thanks for the pics Mattyp. Your jeep looks great. Did you get a warranty on the ceramic coating? My local guy is quoting different pricing for 2 year, 5 year and lifetime warranty. The 2 year starts at $790!
Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Sneak peak of Mad Max. A few more hours tomorrow and he will be done. Mopar 2" lift, 35" Goodyear Fierce Attitude MT, tire reinforcement kit, relo bracket, and 3rd brake light. Bead lock rings are being powder coated red and should be ready by Wednesday.

lift1.jpg

lift2.jpg

lift3.jpg

lift4.jpg

CosTheKing

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Looks great! I like the upgraded wheels so much better than the standard Sahara wheels.
Yes. The standard Sahara wheel is terrible. Definitely getting 285/70 18 tires when the stocks wear..... if I can wait that long.

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Finally twsted the right nipples forcefully enough to get the garage to order the 2" Mopar lift, so now I have wheels, tires, and a lift on the way :)

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Sneak peak of Mad Max. A few more hours tomorrow and he will be done. Mopar 2" lift, 35" Goodyear Fierce Attitude MT, tire reinforcement kit, relo bracket, and 3rd brake light. Bead lock rings are being powder coated red and should be ready by Wednesday.

lift1.jpg

lift2.jpg

lift3.jpg

lift4.jpg
That looks awesome!

Any idea what the new overall height is now? I’m considering the same mods but don’t want to get too tall. Thanks!

Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks awesome!

Any idea what the new overall height is now? I’m considering the same mods but don’t want to get too tall. Thanks!
Not sure, but I would be happy to take measurements for you. It looks amazing, and am VERY happy with the outcome. The tires I went with are 35's, but look a little bigger as they are MT's and actually measure 34.8". Some tires are called 35" tires, but are more of a 34" tire. These are definitely right at 35". I couldn't be happier. More pics to come.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
Not sure, but I would be happy to take measurements for you. It looks amazing, and am VERY happy with the outcome. The tires I went with are 35's, but look a little bigger as they are MT's and actually measure 34.8". Some tires are called 35" tires, but are more of a 34" tire. These are definitely right at 35". I couldn't be happier. More pics to come.
That would be great if you don't mind. I don't want it to get too tough for my girls to get in and out of.

matchews

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
A few additions to Mad Max. Finally picked it up today from the dealer, and red bead lock rings should be ready by Friday. Added the Jeep molle pouches and Antenna-X 12".

dealer1.jpg

dealer2.jpg

Molle.jpg

antenna.jpg
Looks great! This is really close to my build. I have the tailgate reinforcement, spare tire and 3rd brake light brackets sitting on the workbench and waiting to go on. 35" KO2's on the factory wheels until I find wheels I like. What offset/backspacing did you go with? Thanks!

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! This is really close to my build. I have the tailgate reinforcement, spare tire and 3rd brake light brackets sitting on the workbench and waiting to go on. 35" KO2's on the factory wheels until I find wheels I like. What offset/backspacing did you go with? Thanks!
Thanks! I have the Mopar bead lock wheels which are 17X8, and 4.4" backspace with 12mm offset. I can't wait to install my fire engine red bead lock rings. Should make the red trim pieces pop. When are you installing everything?

Sponsored

matchews

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Thanks! I have the Mopar bead lock wheels which are 17X8, and 4.4" backspace with 12mm offset. I can't wait to install my fire engine red bead lock rings. Should make the red trim pieces pop. When are you installing everything?
I was thinking the same thing on the red bead lock rings. I'm waiting on a KMC wheel that isn't available for another 4-6 weeks (17x9, 4.5"BS). I'll put the spare tire brackets on myself this weekend. I'm holding off on the Mopar lift until this summer so I can off road/evaluate the stock suspension first. I'm still a little concerned that the Mopar lift is a little too high for 35's, but yours looks great!

upload_2018-2-27_20-50-8.png

upload_2018-2-27_20-53-26.png

First Name
Blaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
A few additions to Mad Max. Finally picked it up today from the dealer, and red bead lock rings should be ready by Friday. Added the Jeep molle pouches and Antenna-X 12".

dealer1.jpg

dealer2.jpg

Molle.jpg

antenna.jpg
Looks awesome! Hopefully picking mine up tomorrow. Where did you find the molle pouches? I would love to get some of the actual Jeep branded ones like yours.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Thanks for the pics Mattyp. Your jeep looks great. Did you get a warranty on the ceramic coating? My local guy is quoting different pricing for 2 year, 5 year and lifetime warranty. The 2 year starts at $790!
He warranties the work but not the actual product. If anything isn’t properly coated he’ll redo it any time within reason he told me.
It’s going to slowly deteriorate over time. 2 years should be expected, 5 years is a long time. How much is 5? May be worth piece of mind. The Gtechniq exo is up to 5 years he did on mine, but that’s upkeeping it too.
I invested in a lot of home washing/detailing products...power washer, proper chemicals, etc. With ceramic I think it will last just leaving it on there but the real longevity will be from upkeep.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

dealer1.jpg

dealer2.jpg

Molle.jpg

antenna.jpg
Looks awesome. Gotta get an antenna x, how’s it working?

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
Love seeing these pics of the gorgeous black JLs! Plus it gives me lots of great ideas lol! Keep 'em coming! :rock::clap:
Sponsored