Sponsored

Driver's door noise

Scott D Hall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sting-Gray Rubicon 2.0L Turbo, 2.5" Mopar Lift w/Fox Shocks, Rock-Slider PowerSteps, BigBoy Seat Rails / 2013 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Son's car) / 2019 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's Rocket) / 2019 Skeeter SX250
Has anyone had a noise from the driver's door that sounds like squeaking? It isn't wind noise. It is more like Styrofoam. I know that sounds weird, but I don't know if it is something on the top that is hitting against the frame, but it is slightly annoying. Usually, just turn to tunes up! LOL, but still didn't know if anyone has had this.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Has anyone had a noise from the driver's door that sounds like squeaking? It isn't wind noise. It is more like Styrofoam. I know that sounds weird, but I don't know if it is something on the top that is hitting against the frame, but it is slightly annoying. Usually, just turn to tunes up! LOL, but still didn't know if anyone has had this.
Hi Scott,
We understand why this may be frustrating. If you decide to have this addressed by your dealer, we'd be happy to offer additional assistance if needed. Feel free to send us a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
Scott D Hall

Scott D Hall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sting-Gray Rubicon 2.0L Turbo, 2.5" Mopar Lift w/Fox Shocks, Rock-Slider PowerSteps, BigBoy Seat Rails / 2013 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Son's car) / 2019 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's Rocket) / 2019 Skeeter SX250
Hi Scott,
We understand why this may be frustrating. If you decide to have this addressed by your dealer, we'd be happy to offer additional assistance if needed. Feel free to send us a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Thank you, yes I would like to have this addressed when I take it in for the first service. I have noticed that it ONLY happens in the afternoon when it is HOT.

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
Same issue here canā€™t seem to figure out where itā€™s coming from!

OP
OP
Scott D Hall

Scott D Hall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same issue here canā€™t seem to figure out where itā€™s coming from!
I am going to keep looking/experimenting, if I find out I will let you know!

Sponsored

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Try greasing the latch assembly and see if it quiets down.

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
The inner door sub frame made out of steel is bonded to the aluminum door skin. There is a escalating problem that is going to snow ball like no tomorrow. The bond is failing and the entire sub frame has come unglued from the frame. While the dealers are attempting to replace the door check to fix the problem, the only true fix is replacing the entire door and painting to match your Jeep or find someone who can rebond the two metals together. Which has not been done yet. And it only will get worse. First the drivers door then all of the doors.

Watch till the end.

Desert Rat 76

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport
I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE ON MY 2019 2 Door Wrangler Sport, ,It seems to be in the inside and may be the impact bar inside the door and has unglued/separated from the door frame and the dealer will have to repair it.

Dan

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
i have had the noise for over 3 years now. It starts when off-roading, and now its like 24/7. And the dash starts to rattle as well...

i adjust the door latch so the door shuts more firmly that's the final fix. lube don't work.
Sponsored