Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
well 4wp strikes again! So I’ve been having horrible handling after 2.5 lift was installed. After 3 separate alignments, repairing a bowed spring, and fixing a jammed UCA heim joint(4wp) it still rides like crap. It floats all over the road(bad body roll) and it rides rough even over smooth roads and just feels very unstable. I’m assuming this could be having adverse affect, but looks like LCAs are installed on the wrong side and with adjustable joints attached to frame instead of axle. I really hope this is what’s causing it, otherwise I’m gonna tear out the shocks and springs and start all over.

6BA06FE2-4E62-4F4F-A2C5-449B190B812B.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
JMONEZ

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
So the bend orientation and joint ends are not correct at all

B95E31B0-21EE-4C17-B2C7-FCA5E8FFA469.png

silverbullet

First Name
Keaton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 JLU Rubi
Lol this is why you do your own wrenching! I don't see that making a difference in ride quality, although I would flip them around to be the correct way. Are your sway bars connected?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
well 4wp strikes again! So I’ve been having horrible handling after 2.5 lift was installed. After 3 separate alignments, repairing a bowed spring, and fixing a jammed UCA heim joint(4wp) it still rides like crap. It floats all over the road(bad body roll) and it rides rough even over smooth roads and just feels very unstable. I’m assuming this could be having adverse affect, but looks like LCAs are installed on the wrong side and with adjustable joints attached to frame instead of axle. I really hope this is what’s causing it, otherwise I’m gonna tear out the shocks and springs and start all over.

Yeah control arms wont affect ride much unless alignment/lengths are off. Your ride quality is from your shocks/springs. And like silver said, make sure the sway bar is connected and the links are proper length.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

They are backwards and likely binding causing some of the harshness.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JMONEZ

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah control arms wont affect ride much unless alignment/lengths are off. Your ride quality is from your shocks/springs. And like silver said, make sure the sway bar is connected and the links are proper length.
Sway bars are connected and links are tight, the kit came with new extended rear links and reused oem rear links for the front

OP
OP
JMONEZ

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder in bend orientation being wrong is affecting ride or alignment specs? Caster reads 6.1 on printout

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
The arms being backwards wouldn’t effect to much in theory, but with the alpines adjuster clamp frame side, if it’s not perfect aligned it will smack the control arm mount during suspension travel possibly even stopping it. That could be the cause of your harshness. Arm is only allowing a little bit of travel before that collar stops it

OP
OP
JMONEZ

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
The arms being backwards wouldn’t effect to much in theory, but with the alpines adjuster clamp frame side, if it’s not perfect aligned it will smack the control arm mount during suspension travel possibly even stopping it. That could be the cause of your harshness. Arm is only allowing a little bit of travel before that collar stops it
That makes sense, thank you!

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Was just about to mention that. I have the same arms and another thing to watch out for when installing is the lower shock mount bolts may hit the adjustment clamp as well. I had to trim the bolts back about .5” to clear.

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
They may have torqued everything off the ground. With tires on the ground, loosen all control arm bolts and track bar bolts. Bounce jeep up and down the best you can and re-torque. What tire and air pressure are you running?