Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I have 5" front and 6" rear up travel. That is with 2.5" bump front and 2" bump rear as the Accutune kit comes.
As Moto said, that is good amount of uptravel.
Also, Accutune sells their own CA's, you don't have to opt for the Currie ones although those are great as well.
The Accutune arms use the same type bushings as the synergy arms do. This was the route I went.
Sponsored

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
I have 5" front and 6" rear up travel. That is with 2.5" bump front and 2" bump rear as the Accutune kit comes.
As Moto said, that is good amount of uptravel.
Also, Accutune sells their own CA's, you don't have to opt for the Currie ones although those are great as well.
The Accutune arms use the same type bushings as the synergy arms do. This was the route I went.
How's your on road feel? OP said they are stiffer (subjectively) which was echo'd by Accutune. I'm coming from lowered and track oriented sports cars so I'm not unfamiliar with less comfort suspensions. Trying to figure out if I want the 2.0s or the 2.5s. The rig will be traveling around the country but doing as much off roading as possible. I like to drive fast so flying down gravel roads is appealing.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
How's your on road feel? OP said they are stiffer (subjectively) which was echo'd by Accutune. I'm coming from lowered and track oriented sports cars so I'm not unfamiliar with less comfort suspensions. Trying to figure out if I want the 2.0s or the 2.5s. The rig will be traveling around the country but doing as much off roading as possible. I like to drive fast so flying down gravel roads is appealing.
On road feel is good to me. Not a stock feel though, firmer/stiffer for sure. But not harsh or jarring. I like it, it feels more planted and stable.
Like you, I too am in to road racing and just got rid of my 2019 Mustang PP2 car which I tracked, as well as have an Audi with the sport suspension so I know where your coming from. Honestly you might be happy with 2.0's as well for gravel roads. I like these Fox 2.5's, but I don't like the placement of the reservoirs they chose. I will be mounting mine somewhere else in the future.

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
On road feel is good to me. Not a stock feel though, firmer/stiffer for sure. But not harsh or jarring. I like it, it feels more planted and stable.
Like you, I too am in to road racing and just got rid of my 2019 Mustang PP2 car which I tracked, as well as have an Audi with the sport suspension so I know where your coming from. Honestly you might be happy with 2.0's as well for gravel roads. I like these Fox 2.5's, but I don't like the placement of the reservoirs they chose. I will be mounting mine somewhere else in the future.
Sweet. Locked in my Punkn JLUR yesterday so got some more research to do I guess. Think I may end up doing Metalcloak CAs, Links and Track Bars and pair it with Accutune springs and tuned shocks. Now to figure out if $1300 is worth matching my shock color to the truck :)

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Now to figure out if $1300 is worth matching my shock color to the truck :)
Definitely not :). Get a shock to suit your needs, if the 2.5's are not it.
Accutune has a lot more testing/experience with the other FOX/King candidates, the 2.5's are pretty new still.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Heres a little flexing with my accutune and my cousins stage 8 icon. The icons ride really nice for anyone considering a comparable kit. Ive been plying with the adjusters a bit more on mine, for mine i was about 6 clicks in on low speed and 3 clicks on high speed. I could have gone a bit stiffer, my hydros got a work out. He was running his icons on max. (He likes a bit firmer) We were both able to bomb down the trail at about 40 and be perfectly comfortable and in control.

Also is the height difference. Both are 2.5” kits but he is on 37s im on 35s. If I was on 37s it would be really close but I believe the icon sits a tad higher

9718FB3A-C3FC-4FC9-90E6-3B3B0AC56FB6.jpeg

44E8F9CA-1469-4F90-A1F5-F9D6C6F5AD91.jpeg

D1272B7B-2693-46C7-9BD7-90F9529A9CD5.jpeg

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Heres a little flexing with my accutune and my cousins stage 8 icon. The icons ride really nice for anyone considering a comparable kit. Ive been plying with the adjusters a bit more on mine, for mine i was about 6 clicks in on low speed and 3 clicks on high speed. I could have gone a bit stiffer, my hydros got a work out. He was running his icons on max. (He likes a bit firmer) We were both able to bomb down the trail at about 40 and be perfectly comfortable and in control.

Also is the height difference. Both are 2.5” kits but he is on 37s im on 35s. If I was on 37s it would be really close but I believe the icon sits a tad higher

9718FB3A-C3FC-4FC9-90E6-3B3B0AC56FB6.jpeg

44E8F9CA-1469-4F90-A1F5-F9D6C6F5AD91.jpeg

D1272B7B-2693-46C7-9BD7-90F9529A9CD5.jpeg
Sweetness! I was considering icon after you mentioned them; but, they still haven’t gotten me the shock extension and compression length. I spoke to them on the phone and that info isn’t public and has to be requested he said. Not sure why everyone publishes dimensions.

I’m still confident I’m going accutune but havent bitten the bullet yet still toying with the idea of the Evo Coilovers.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Sweetness! I was considering icon after you mentioned them; but, they still haven’t gotten me the shock extension and compression length. I spoke to them on the phone and that info isn’t public and has to be requested he said. Not sure why everyone publishes dimensions.

I’m still confident I’m going accutune but havent bitten the bullet yet still toying with the idea of the Evo Coilovers.
Right on. Weird they wont tell you the size. Like its some big secret lol. Cant go wrong with evo, cool company! As much as ive switched suspensions i should have just gotten coils in the beginning haha.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

If your up for going long arm and coil overs, that is the ticket and EVO has a great offering.
I thought I would start out with something more simple and see what I really do in the off road side, then in a few years make a change if I need.
Coil overs is steep up front investment and no turning it back to stock if the desire should arise. Good luck with your choice, you sound like me about 6 weeks ago :)..

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
I pulled the trigger thx @Moto_21 and @DLW

I’m going to do a comparative review and video between this and the Dynatrac lift. Working 16 days in a row so won’t happen for a few weeks but I’m super excited!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger thx @Moto_21 and @DLW

I’m going to do a comparative review and video between this and the Dynatrac lift. Working 16 days in a row so won’t happen for a few weeks but I’m super excited!
Awesome man! Look forward to it

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Anyone care to chime in on a longer term review on these? Accutune valved or not

GeoTracker

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I'm also interested in a long term impressions progress report from anyone that cares to share. Thanks in advance.

JeepColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Alright so this is an initial review. Will update after I get to take it out and run it through the paces.

So to start, anyone considering 2.5” lifts should definitely consider Accutune into their decision making process.

This is my 4th lift/shocks ive had on my jeep in the year ive had it. First was rough country spacer, to make sure i liked the height. Next was Rock Krawler and falcon shocks had my issues with it and wasnt happy, however it was among the first batches they had out. Third was Metalcloak 2.5 with rocksport shocks, great lift great components. Rode and handled amazing, insane flex, highly recommended. Now, Accutunes 2.5” comfort ride coils with fox factory race 2.5” shocks for 3.5-4” lift.

So I really love suspension performance coming from growing up in the desert with trucks and motorcycles and racing and the like. And through all these lifts that I had ive been seeking out the best handling I can get for what I like to do. Which led me to fox factory series. I originally ordered from northridge 4x4 and they were back ordered for months. So I looked somewhere else that had them in stock. Low and behold Accutune offroad had some. For those of you that dont know about accutune check out their website, some very good detailed information on there and a great group of guys. https://accutuneoffroad.com/ and every purchase of shocks you make from them comes custom tuned to your vehicle

I contacted Ryan over there and asked him if they had any in stock and they did, but he told me since they were new for the new JL he has not had a chance to tune a set of them yet. Since I was close enough to their shop in Carson, ca I dropped my jeep off to them last week to work their magic. I originally was going to keep my MC coils and just install the shocks I wanted, but I knew that wouldnt give me the ride quality I was looking for since MC springs are a bit stiffer. So I opted to get the whole package done with their springs and tuning my shocks to them.

I dropped my jeep off to them last monday, and picked it up friday. Since i dropped it off Ryan and his group of guys had all the new springs, hydros, bump spacers, and shocks installed and started tuning. They spent the rest of the week tearing apart and tuning and putting back together and re test driving my jeep until it was handling perfect. All the way up till friday afternoon an hour before they closed they finished the final valve tuning. They put in a lot of work and a lot of fine tuning to dial my jeep in just right.

Once I picked it up Ryan and I went for a test drive around the roads where they do all the testing each time they make a new valving adjustment. And lets just say this road is incredibly screwed up. It looks like big desert whoops with ledges and drop offs. Needless to say great spot to test speed and bottoming resistance on everything. The way they dialed in my suspension felt absolutely amazing on this shitty road, we were able to hit most of it 30+. The jeep felt smooth and controlled over every hit and bottom out was plush and not harsh at all. No bouncy or head toss, it was just planted through the whole road no matter what size the bumps.

So all in all my first ride/ daily drive with the new suspension is absolutely amazing. I will update this like i said once Ive had the chance to really test it offroad. But from the quality of work and the great customer service and the overall performance Ryan was able to achieve out of their kit is something to be commended for. Im incredibly happy how it turned out and really thankful to Ryan and his guys for the amount of time they dedicated to my rig to get it handling so amazing. Anyways long read sorry, need to give recognition where its due. Check them out guys. :rock:

-Erik

1FE6AF76-3859-4672-9077-DC708717C3DE.jpeg

3D637A25-6709-4AEA-8EAF-28E708E73C6C.jpeg

AE35D988-5468-4D20-BDF9-B913C452CEBA.jpeg

98A3E6B0-9F2E-4EC4-AFB4-32EBE8863257.jpeg

Awesome shocks, thanks for the pics- it helps with the buying decision!

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I have the full 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger kit. I am actually highly thinking about swapping out my rocksports for accutune valved fox shocks while keeping MC springs. Wonder has anyone tried that combo before and their impressions if so.
Sponsored