Warranty Work/Free Loaner?

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the Issues/recalls sub. Question for you all about when you bring your JL in for service. Does your dealer charge for a loaner when doing warranty work? My local dealer (Dulles Motorcars) has started charging $15/day for a loaner regardless of what work is being done and that seems really weird to me. Is this a common experience at CJDR dealers?
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
If I remember correctly, the loaner is covered as part of Jeep Wave. I know my loaners have been free.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My dealer hasn't charged me for a loaner before. But, I've only used a loaner once. It was a POS Fiat :puke:. Now, if I need any work, my husband and I both drive our Jeeps and leave the one that needs work. Now, that's been about 2 years ago. But any time they have offered me a loaner, they've never mentioned any price. They only say to keep it under 100 miles.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer hasn't charged me for a loaner before. But, I've only used a loaner once. It was a POS Fiat :puke:. Now, if I need any work, my husband and I both drive our Jeeps and leave the one that needs work. Now, that's been about 2 years ago. But any time they have offered me a loaner, they've never mentioned any price. They only say to keep it under 100 miles.
100 miles total or per day? I commute 60 miles a day so that limit wouldn’t have worked for me the one time I got a loaner. My dealer was really cool about the loaner, basically just handed me the keys and had me sign a release form that looked like a rental agreement.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
100 miles total or per day? I commute 60 miles a day so that limit wouldn’t have worked for me the one time I got a loaner. My dealer was really cool about the loaner, basically just handed me the keys and had me sign a release form that looked like a rental agreement.
I can't really remember. But I want to say per day. I was just bummed it was a Fiat. I would have taken a GC or Hellcat:like:

Sponsored

bgirly49

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ Firecracker Red Wrangler Sport JL
I wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the Issues/recalls sub. Question for you all about when you bring your JL in for service. Does your dealer charge for a loaner when doing warranty work? My local dealer (Dulles Motorcars) has started charging $15/day for a loaner regardless of what work is being done and that seems really weird to me. Is this a common experience at CJDR dealers?
I believe it depends on how long the service takes. Under 4 hrs gets you a shuttle or ride share. Over 4 is a free loaner...probably depends on dealership.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
The Jeep dealer I work at it goes like this: if you have any sort of warranty work or recalls done you get a free rental vehicle. If you have a service contract (extended warranty) and your vehicle is less than 10 years old and/or under 100k miles you get a free rental. The only time customers pay for them is if they have no warranty at all and they’re bringing it in for repairs. However if the customer is getting a lot done and their bill is a lot we typically give them a free rental at no charge to them if they request one and we just eat the cost. Some dealers have loaner vehicles which are the dealers personal vehicles (they own them) and others have an allowance from Chrysler for a rental fleet (dealer vehicles owned by FCA technically). If that’s the case, those rentals cost money and someone needs to pay for them any time they’re checked out.

EnjoyLife

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado
LOL. When the dealer was doing warranty work on my wife's Grand Cherokee, they gave us a loaner and took forever to get the work done. 5 Days before our 2,000+ mile road trip, I informed them that we were going on a road trip and would be taking either the Grand Cherokee fixed of its issues, or their loaner. They stated to take the loaner, if it wasn't fixed in time. 2 days later, the Grand Cherokee was fixed :)

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
had my in for V41 warr and got a compass free, they never did the work as promised so I drove my JL home unrepaired. Blasted them on social media and contacted regional service manager and he wanted to win back my business and gave me a Cherokee while I brought it in again to get the work done. Nothing was ever said about any Mileage cap, both vehicles had less than 5k on them.

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
In the shop 14 days now and I've had a free rental through Enterprise for the duration. They wouldn't give me a Jeep loaner from the dealership because for whatever reason they can't give them out to people with out-of-state licenses so I'm driving an awful Dodge Grand Caravan. But at least I'm not out of a vehicle altogether.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
My dealership "service" department has been very good so far. Polite, clean and professional. We get loaners if needed. But we have Jeep Wave and extended warranty too.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I usually get a Compass or Cherokee with limited mileage allowed and $35 per 1/4 gallon of gas if returned with less than a full tank. But it’s a free loaner for warranty work, yes.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
It's interesting people mentioned a mileage cap. I was asked to return it with approximately the same amount of gas, and I didn't have any other restrictions.

Both times I needed a loaner, I was given a black Grand and that was the same year as my Wrangler.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Yes, free loaner for warranty work, even for service of 1 day. Shouldn't be a mileage cap, that's dumb and probably dealerships just trying to talk when they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

I've had my Jeep at 3 different svc depts and have had free loaners from all 3, no questions asked.
Sponsored