Sponsored

Finally Gave Up

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope they dial in the fix for the ones that really need it. i dont believe it is just a steering damper that is the problem. i hate that the problem is bad enough to need to get rid of such a fun vehicle. good luck with the tundra!
I feel bad for all the people with the steering issues. Mine is perfect, so I know it's a defect that isn't across the board. Consumer Reports has thousands of subscribers who wrote in on reliability of the first year JL and the steering overall was much better then average. That means it effects less then %2.5 of those owners.
Sponsored

ReefGoat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Sport
interesting.. maybe I'm just easy- I have a very early build 2018 JLUR. Couple little gremlins.. steering issues. I love it and never once thought of trading it. Why do so many people today demand perfection of everything? People are not perfect, the items we produce will not be either. Everyone needs to relax a bit and enjoy and life.

If you are constantly looking for perfection, you will never be happy.

You sound really F***** pretentious. I'm not sure if you're "rich" or not. But most people who fork out the type of money that jeeps cost, expect them to at the very least operate as a vehicle with 0 miles on it should. Some of these people are stuck with vehicles they can barely drive. How would you like it if you came to my place of business and I had a product. Lets say I sold Tacos.....and I sold you a "gourmet kobe taco" for like 30 bucks. But instead of Kobe I put a God**** dog turd in it. Then when you came up and complained I told you. "Why do you demand perfection out of everything bro? People aren't perfect, the items we make won't be either. Relax a little bro". Or lets say your kid rode motocross and I sold you a bike that the front wheel was know to fly off and your kid got hurt. Would you still feel the same way. I love my jeep. I'll buy another jeep. But the truth be told.........These things are piles of shit for the price they sell for. The entire line should be selling for 10-15k less than each ones price. For what you're getting quality wise. I'll end with the fact that I do love my Jeep and my next vehicle will be a gladiator if they still are in production.

ReefGoat

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Sport
They fact is that most of the people on here talking shit would be singing a different tune if they were having problems with their jeep.

Robull

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
Finally broke down and traded in my Moab for a 2019 Tundra TRD Pro. Couldn't take the steering, rattles and uncomfortable seat any more. I must say my toyota is a pleasure to drive, steering is straight and effortless and comfortable with the V8 power.
don't let the door hit u in the ass

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Finally broke down and traded in my Moab for a 2019 Tundra TRD Pro. Couldn't take the steering, rattles and uncomfortable seat any more. I must say my toyota is a pleasure to drive, steering is straight and effortless and comfortable with the V8 power.
Now's your chance to get that Toyota Prius you always wanted!

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Good for you. I'm going to hang in a little longer hoping they figure it out.

Really frustrating the people that don't have steering issues not sticking behind us with issues. Its not sour grapes or thinking its a replacement. IT SUCKS TO DRIVE AND STRESSFUL. Ive had 7 different Jeeps, its not a Jeep thing. Some are messed up. Wish yall were close enough to come drive mine. Terrible.
Are you lifted? Stock tires?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Good for you. I'm going to hang in a little longer hoping they figure it out.

Really frustrating the people that don't have steering issues not sticking behind us with issues. Its not sour grapes or thinking its a replacement. IT SUCKS TO DRIVE AND STRESSFUL. Ive had 7 different Jeeps, its not a Jeep thing. Some are messed up. Wish yall were close enough to come drive mine. Terrible.
The first thing I would do is buy a torque wrench and a shop manual and make sure every front end linkage is torqued to spec. I’ll start off by saying I agree 100% we shouldn’t have to do this on a new vehicle that cost so much money but it is what it is. I was having wandering issues at slow speed that I attributed to my lift load range E 35’s, plus a very heavy tire wheel combo. I spent a good deal of time chalk testing my tires on Saturday and checked every linkage for proper torque spec. What I found was the drag link nut at the steering knuckle was literally only finger tight and all the steering dampener bolts were very loose as well. Tightened those to spec and dialed in an almost perfect tire psi and the jeep is night and day different from when I drove it home on Friday night. Lifted jeeps with bigger tires throw a monkey wrench into diagnosing a steering issue but a stock Rubicon shouldn’t be all that difficult. Start with the basics and move on until you find the problem. Dealerships do not know what they’re!! doing, nor do they care!!!!! If you’re committed to owning this Jeep you need to do your due diligence and get it right, you can’t have the “I shouldn’t have to attitude” because that doesn’t fly with these vehicles. Steering issues are caused by mechanical failure, find the failure and fix the problem.

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What is the proper way to retorque a bolt? Loosen and retorque or just tighten up to proper setting.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
I would've considered a 4Runner but that vehicle is stuck back somewhere in time running a old 4.0-liter V6 and, most exciting of all, a 5-speed automatic!

Someday Toyota will improve their vehicles often enough to stay with their competitors until then they're doing very well selling old powertrains, etc. Hey, it's not all bad - they just introduced Apple CarPlay! (how long has that been out?!)

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Wow people are so rude. He or she came here to say they were tired of all their Jeep problems so traded in for a truck. I don’t see the big deal.

I drove a Toyota Tacoma for 10 years, barely took care of it, never had problems and drove great til the day I sold it. Have fun in your Tundra!

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for ya OP, best of luck with the Tundra! Hope ya have a lot of fun with it :) A lot of my coworkers have them and love them.

rayvonp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Truck Driver
I don’t understand why you bothered us with that foul language, so you bought a new pos who cares it’s not a Jeep so move on.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Well good for you and thanks for sharing. Next Jeep week you can go in your yota and tell everyone you once had a Jeep...
ROTFLMAO!!! And the response he'll get...

rd5bEEA.gif

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Wow people are so rude. He or she came here to say they were tired of all their Jeep problems so traded in for a truck. I don’t see the big deal.

I drove a Toyota Tacoma for 10 years, barely took care of it, never had problems and drove great til the day I sold it. Have fun in your Tundra!
Don't come on this forum looking for love for an IFS vehicle for off roading, especially if it's a Toyota. They have their own forum and I can assure you there is no love loss for Jeeps over there. Heck the only respect most will give here for a non-Jeep is for the old International Scouts and 1st gen Broncos because they deserve that respect. It's a Jeep forum, not a "I once had a Jeep" forum.
Sponsored