Sponsored

My window sticker just went online.. but shows wrong tire

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Not sure on the best course of action here - when ordering, I asked my dealer for A/T tires on my 2020 JLUR.

Sticker just went online last night and shows: LT285/70R17C BSW M/T tires

Since the sticker is up, I assume the Jeep is on the verge of being built - I definitely don't want to screw up the scheduling. I could always ask the dealer to swap rims on the lot..

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
If the sticker is up the jeep has been built. Your options are:

1. Accept the jeep with MT tires
2. Start the order process over with a different jeep
3. Very unlikely but see if dealership will swap tires

This happened to me. I saw very early in the process that the dealership ordered the wrong tires. The dealership said that they called and had it corrected the day after the order was placed. Jeep showed up with incorrect tires. I called them out on it. Their response was "We tried to correct it but it was too late, it is what it is. You can accept the jeep or wait another 4-8 weeks."

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Backcountry edition/ 2020 JLUR Sting-Gray
mines the same way. Sticker shows M/T tires yet I watched the dealer place the order with A/T tires, curious as to why

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted mt and got at,something is wrong with the ordering system

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Are you guys getting printouts of what you ordered? When I order my Jeep, and recently my wife's pacifica, the dealer gave me a printout with exactly what they ordered and the VON.

Sponsored

OP
OP
flot

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Are you guys getting printouts of what you ordered? When I order my Jeep, and recently my wife's pacifica, the dealer gave me a printout with exactly what they ordered and the VON.
I did, at least the "options - price - total" sheet... I didn't get anything more specific than that.

2k6_tx_Dad

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR 6sp
Thoughts?
- I'd accept the Jeep with the M/T's Ordered my 2020 JLR this past Saturday. The last decision was which tires, I think they both looked great, but went with A/T.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Backcountry edition/ 2020 JLUR Sting-Gray
My dealers buildsheet had the A/T on it but the online build sheet from the factory says M/T

OP
OP
flot

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Yeah, my problem with accepting the M/Ts is that I have four - yes four - new 35" BFG KO2s sitting at home waiting to be installed. My plan was to sell the 4 take off tires but leave the factory 33" KO2 on the back as the spare.

I know I'll get skewered for that, but nobody would ever notice it was different, I wouldn't have to worry about "unauthorized" weight on the tailgate, I've needed a spare twice in 30 years of driving, and with open diffs I could limp home on it I absolutely had to. My only likely offroading is beach driving, for which the KO2s are supposed to do pretty well.

I'll ping my dealer and see if he knows what's going on.

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yeah, my problem with accepting the M/Ts is that I have four - yes four - new 35" BFG KO2s sitting at home waiting to be installed. My plan was to sell the 4 take off tires but leave the factory 33" KO2 on the back as the spare.

I know I'll get skewered for that, but nobody would ever notice it was different, I wouldn't have to worry about "unauthorized" weight on the tailgate, I've needed a spare twice in 30 years of driving, and with open diffs I could limp home on it I absolutely had to. My only likely offroading is beach driving, for which the KO2s are supposed to do pretty well.

I'll ping my dealer and see if he knows what's going on.
It's the Jeep Gods telling you to stop being cheap and buy a matching spare. The Gods have spoken!