First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How was the install? I just ordered on for my OEM steel bumper with 37's
Very simple and straightforward. Instructions were complete and easy to follow. The carrier is very well made and quite stout in design and construction. It would definitely yawn in the face of even the heaviest wheel/tire combo. My main reason for choosing it over others is its built in height and fore and aft adjustability. Not only does it get the tire off the bumper but it can be fine tuned to any wheel backspacing, which results in the tire being as low profile to the tailgate as factory and fully supported by the unmodified rubber bumpers. I would definitely recommend it.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Good to know, thank you

SoergBot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Learned the soft top doesn’t like opening while going 55 on the highway. No damage thankfully, just scary.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
That is the best mod I have installed on my Jeep! Love it
Does the top restrict the original size of the opening when opened? I saw some pics when opened and it seems you lose about 6 inches

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Learned the soft top doesn’t like opening while going 55 on the highway. No damage thankfully, just scary.
I get it..... you’re tooling down the highway on a beautiful chamber of commerce day and suddenly it pops in your head, “ hey I’ve got a convertible”’, and without thinking another thought you reach up and undo the latch and “OH SHIT”..... I can totally see myself doing something like that.....:)

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Installed my Quadratec modular oil / tranny skid. Thing is legit. Trans case on b/o, up next. Found a dent on the oil pan last weekend, ordered that night. Already had it in my wishlist, been doing research, put it off too long...
IMG_20190829_184506.jpg
IMG_20190829_185242.jpg
IMG_20190829_185344.jpg
IMG_20190823_190622.jpg
Heads up! I changed my oil this week for the first time with the Quadratec engine skid plate. I was not happy when the last 1/2 quart of oil collected at the lowest point of the pan and then onto the garage floor. The opening to access the drain plug falls a little short of the plug, so the last slow pour and drip goes around the opening and ends up in the bottom of the pan. I got a Fumoto engine oil drain valve that should remedy this.

HOOKEM93

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks i'll try it myself using this video. Unfortunately, the gas cap is junk now that he installed the cylinder. I'll have to return it, get another and start over.