Navigation volume

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I have searched and am coming up at a loss. I prefer my nav volume to be around 12. Every time I start the jeep the navigation volume (once the lady starts talking) seems to default to volume level 15. I can tell because as soon as she starts talking (loudly) I adjust the volume and it starts at 15 and goes back down to 12 with the turn of the knob. I have even looked as a test before moving the jeep and in the guidance setup the volume is set to 12. The minute I exceed the speed limit or set up guidance it is back at 15. I know on the old systems there used to be a factory reset (not jsut clear personal data). Anyone know if the factory reset option is anywhere to be found? Or is this just a simple dumb bug I am running in to. I also have noticed that the nav doesn't do the "turn now" guidance anymore rather than it saying take the second left or in 1000 feet turn left but then nothing. Kinda dumb but bugs me if I am looking for a new place and there are 2 streets fairly close together.
Sponsored

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I’m having the same issue.

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
If it makes you feel any better this is across all FCA products with NAV. My Ram and the wife's Durango all do this and it's annoying as hell!

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have searched and am coming up at a loss. I prefer my nav volume to be around 12. Every time I start the jeep the navigation volume (once the lady starts talking) seems to default to volume level 15. I can tell because as soon as she starts talking (loudly) I adjust the volume and it starts at 15 and goes back down to 12 with the turn of the knob. I have even looked as a test before moving the jeep and in the guidance setup the volume is set to 12. The minute I exceed the speed limit or set up guidance it is back at 15. I know on the old systems there used to be a factory reset (not jsut clear personal data). Anyone know if the factory reset option is anywhere to be found? Or is this just a simple dumb bug I am running in to. I also have noticed that the nav doesn't do the "turn now" guidance anymore rather than it saying take the second left or in 1000 feet turn left but then nothing. Kinda dumb but bugs me if I am looking for a new place and there are 2 streets fairly close together.
From page 122 of the 2018 Uconnect_4C_4CNav digital manual
"
• Nav Guidance Volume
Press the “+” or “–” buttons on the touchscreen to adjust

the Nav Voice Prompt Volume.

NOTE: If the NAV Volume Adjustment setting is set between level 0 and 11 it will default to level 12 on a vehicle restart, if the NAV Volume Adjustment setting is set between level 13 and 38 it will RETAIN the setting on a vehicle restart."

Last edited:

exilepa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
From page 122 of the 2018 Uconnect_4C_4CNav digital manual
"
• Nav Guidance Volume
Press the “+” or “–” buttons on the touchscreen to adjust

the Nav Voice Prompt Volume.

NOTE: If the NAV Volume Adjustment setting is set between level 0 and 11 it will default to level 12 on a vehicle

restart, if the NAV Volume Adjustment setting is set between level 13 and 38 it will RETAIN the setting on a vehicle restart."
Yep, this right here! 12 is still too loud for me! Such a silly setting to default. I find 10 to be a happy balance on the volume.

OP
OP
Skippy

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
Yeah I found out it defaults to 15 everytime unless you set it higher than that. I set it to 17 as a test and it stayed there. I set it to 11 or even lower. Although it technically shows it is lower and the number stay there, the volume however tends to default to 15 even though it says 11 or whatever I set it to. If its set to higher than 15 it does play at that volume. I just gave up and everything she yells at me for something I just turn the knob all the way down. Hopefully the newest update that is out corrects some of the odd behaviors
Sponsored