Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
I used to. New problem though while I try to reassess things.

I have a Ruby with leather seats. And the butt of the grip of my G43 pushes against the seat while I'm driving. Enough to put a substantial indentation in the leather. Over a short time of everyday carry, I'm betting my seat will be ruined and need to be reupholstered.

I've carried appendix, but I DESPISE that position for a multitude of obvious and less obvious reasons.

Anyone else have this problem? Does the seat hold up to 3 o'clock carry position?
UPDATE:
I've discovered a high-tech fix.

I use an old folded-up trail map and jam it behind the grip of my pistol as I'm driving. It has prevented any leather damage to the seat, and is barely noticeable.

LOL. Hey whatever works. Condolences to the Farkle Industry.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding when and whether you can or should shoot, arbitrary laws should be the furthest thing from your mind.

Your job is to assess the threat, and decide whether you need to shoot in order to stop the threat.

Legal concerns have no place in the moment of a fight. They will only diminish your effectiveness.

As my late friend, hunting partner, and mentor Colonel Jeff Cooper put it, legal issues are Problem 2.

They have no place in your mind while you are solving Problem 1.
Hold up! You were friends with Col. Jeff Cooper?

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I carry at least 1 pistol and 1 AR everywhere I go. Don’t judge me, you don’t know where I go.

When I go to Texas I’m basically a 3 gun match on wheels. No offense Texas, but y’all is kinda unstable. Lol.

70AD2035-F5D3-4696-B617-487A783DB543.jpeg

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I "usually" carry a S&W 9mm Shield 2.0. It's super compact and easy to conceal.

My main issue is that I don't have a lock box in my JK so I don't have anywhere to put it while at work. Which also means I don't have it while going to/from work or anywhere I stop enroute. So lately I've been looking at console lock boxes for the JK so I can have it with me all the time. Having a CCP doesn't do a lot of good if you only have it with you sometimes. Chances are good that when you need it you wont have it.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Guns are scary.
I've found that those that think guns are scary have never been properly taught how to shoot one. Once taught properly by a trained professional, they find it quite enjoyable. :) Find a reputable gun range near you, a great instructor, and go have a blast (literally & figuratively). :)

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I've found that those that think guns are scary have never been properly taught how to shoot one. Once taught properly by a trained professional, they find it quite enjoyable. :) Find a reputable gun range near you, a great instructor, and go have a blast (literally & figuratively). :)
AB61E917-C279-467A-9E02-E37D66880B24.gif

Say hello to my little friend....

955AA14A-F528-4B63-82F1-E3C37E39B26A.jpeg

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I carry at least 1 pistol and 1 AR everywhere I go. Don’t judge me, you don’t know where I go.

When I go to Texas I’m basically a 3 gun match on wheels. No offense Texas, but y’all is kinda unstable. Lol.

70AD2035-F5D3-4696-B617-487A783DB543.jpeg
So when you leave your Jeep, are you carrying that AR....or is it unattended in an unoccupied vehicle?

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
So when you leave your Jeep, are you carrying that AR....or is it unattended in an unoccupied vehicle?
It’s unattended in an unoccupied vehicle

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I alway have an XDS 9mm at my side. If I’m going on a trip I have a side folding sbr AR-15 suppressed.
Seeing as Wisconsin isn’t exactly a huge state, I’m assuming you either enjoy asking BATFE to leave or have a pistol brace you can swap onto it?

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I’ve seen various hints in many threads that make references to firearms. So I’m curious: how many of you carry a weapon, open or concealed, in your Jeep?

I’ll start. My answer is “yes, always.” My EDC is a SA XDm .45 cal, concealed.

If you are anti-gun, please don’t shy away from posting. Your opinions are valid too.
While I agree that “anti-gun” folks are welcome to post here, I thoroughly disagree that their opinions are “valid”.

Per Oxford dictionary: valid - (of an argument or point) having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent.

There is nothing logical, factual, reasonable, or cogent about the notion that I don’t have a basic human right to armed self defense. I’d be happy to debate any statist on here who believes in the validity of that Delaware LTC application or any other magical/despotic beliefs they might have.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
While I agree that “anti-gun” folks are welcome to post here, I thoroughly disagree that their opinions are “valid”.

Per Oxford dictionary: valid - (of an argument or point) having a sound basis in logic or fact; reasonable or cogent.

There is nothing logical, factual, reasonable, or cogent about the notion that I don’t have a basic human right to armed self defense. I’d be happy to debate any statist on here who believes in the validity of that Delaware LTC application or any other magical/despotic beliefs they might have.
Hey let's take it down a notch buddy. I had to look up 3 words in your post because I didn't know what they meant. It's one thing to be pro gun but it's another to be all proper English statesmen.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Hey let's take it down a notch buddy. I had to look up 3 words in your post because I didn't know what they meant. It's one thing to be pro gun but it's another to be all proper English statesmen.
Which three words? I want to see if they are the same three I looked up...

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Which three words? I want to see if they are the same three I looked up...
LOL!
Well I had a good idea on statist but needed to check cogent and despotic. Funny thing is while I suck at spelling I'm usually very good at definitions.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
LOL!
Well I had a good idea on statist but needed to check cogent and despotic. Funny thing is while I suck at spelling I'm usually very good at definitions.
Between you east coasters and us Hoosiers we can sound out the big words and google the others.
Sponsored