Sponsored

Need help deciding which lift: ICON Stage 2 or 3, OR Teraflex ST2 with 2.1 or 3.1 Falcon

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
This is what I've narrowed my list down to. What's been you experience with these? Why one over the other?
Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jchaisson

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I'll look into the Metalcloak. Any specifics as to why you recommend it over the others?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'll look into the Metalcloak. Any specifics as to why you recommend it over the others?
Metalcloak makes arguably the best joints for on-road ride as well as being able to get incredible travel off road. I have the Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor and love that as well.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Rock Krawler or Metalcloak. You'll thank me later.
I agree 100%

If you go with the metalcloak game changer with rocksports you’ll spend a little more but get all 8 control arms, front and rear track bars which makes a pretty dang complete lift. It addresses everything correctly and provides a great ride with terrific handling characteristics. RK also has an excellent lift out but can be more expensive when you add shocks on the x-factor. That also have serval other levels to fit your budget. We install several game changers a month and it’s my favorite lift

Brett

Sponsored

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree 100%

If you go with the metalcloak game changer with rocksports you’ll spend a little more but get all 8 control arms, front and rear track bars which makes a pretty dang complete lift. It addresses everything correctly and provides a great ride with terrific handling characteristics. RK also has an excellent lift out but can be more expensive when you add shocks on the x-factor. That also have serval other levels to fit your budget. We install several game changers a month and it’s my favorite lift

Brett
I'm pretty new to the game, was wondering what kind of maintenance would need to be done with the Metalcloak GC + rocksports?

And would similar maintenance need to be done with a comparable RK kit?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm pretty new to the game, was wondering what kind of maintenance would need to be done with the Metalcloak GC + rocksports?

It really depends on how you use it. If you wheel hard, your going to need to replace joints on either kit about every 2-3 years. The RK joints need to be lubricated about twice a year. The Metalcloak joints are maintenance free.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Like mentioned, the MC is virtually maintenance free with its Kevlar reinforced duroflex bushings. There are zero grease zerks and everything is coated to prevent rust. On the RK, there are 14 zerks on the control arms, 2 of track bars and 8 I think on the standard sway bar links. Not a big deal but certainly better for the longevity to make sure they get attention every 4-6 months

Both are top tier lifts and we have one of each.

Brett

Reactions: apb

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I forgot to mention the joints are cheap and super easy to replace from both manufacturers.

Sponsored

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but thanks @word302 and @rustyshakelford . Well I really shouldn't be thanking you because I was dead set on the RK, and now the Metalcloak is looking really good! It's good to have options though I suppose.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't mean to hijack the thread, but thanks @word302 and @rustyshakelford . Well I really shouldn't be thanking you because I was dead set on the RK, and now the Metalcloak is looking really good! It's good to have options though I suppose.
They are both excellent lifts. Can’t go wrong with either. MC isn’t as widespread as RK because of how they structured their business. You can only buy direct thru them or thru an authorized installer. You’ll never see them sold from an online vendor unless they have the capabilities to install too. Provides a great way to network and work with a local shop that has been approved with them. RK is huge and sells a ton of lifts. Control arms are huge and beefy, joints are strong and look great. Comes down to really black or gold, again, both are excellent quality

Brett

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
You really can't go wrong with either. My problem is RK makes it so easy to upgrade I now want to go long arm and coilovers. Don't tell my wife.

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This is what I've narrowed my list down to. What's been you experience with these? Why one over the other?
Thanks.
I run Teraflex with all 8 arms and RK track bars with the Falcon 3.3’s. It does everything I want and then some.

All of the lifts listed are good options. All will do what you could want.

The differences are primarily in the shocks and springs and how they ride both on and off road. There is no right answer. Just the right answer for you.

Your ride, handling, etc. will vary somewhat between all options. But a lot of that is about preference. A solid install and properly setup is more important in many ways than choosing the kit itself as long as you stick to one of these higher quality options.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

How is the Metalcloak at dealing with 300+lbs cargo load when wheeling? Dynatrac's bottoms out easily
Sponsored