Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the input, gonna take it back to get it done right.

BAD74367-1182-49D4-9310-12BFEC79C5AC.jpeg
Nice looking Jeep. So did you decide to go with the 3.5 true duel only or did you add other components? Also looks like you added the shocks. After driving it around what do you think? I am on the fence...true duel or GC.
Sponsored

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Went with the 3.5, might add the additional parts later, (game changer), ride is great, no pulling to left or right, handles great on and off road (in the mud) haven't done any trails yet.

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Went with the 3.5, might add the additional parts later, (game changer), ride is great, no pulling to left or right, handles great on and off road (in the mud) haven't done any trails yet.
Thanks. Did you replace your drive shaft?

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
No not yet, haven't really been off road yet, It is on my list to do but not priority

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
After a month of driving my jeep with the MC 3.5 lift, i havent see much change in it settling down and getting even in front and rear.

Front driver 48"
Front passenger 47 3/4
Rear driver 46 1/2
Rear passenger 46 1/4

The rear does sit lower, any suggestions for an easy fix to bring it closer to the front height? I do have a little over 100lbs of a spare mounted on the tailgate.

Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After a month of driving my jeep with the MC 3.5 lift, i havent see much change in it settling down and getting even in front and rear.

Front driver 48"
Front passenger 47 3/4
Rear driver 46 1/2
Rear passenger 46 1/4

The rear does sit lower, any suggestions for an easy fix to bring it closer to the front height? I do have a little over 100lbs of a spare mounted on the tailgate.
Get a bumper and a winch :)

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Front driver 48"
Front passenger 47 3/4
Rear driver 46 1/2
Rear passenger 46 1/4

Difficult to tell from the picture you posted but it looks pretty dang level to me. The front fender is higher than the rear on a Rubicon, so if you're basing your height on the fenders then the front should be slightly higher than the rear when the Jeep is level.

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I didn't know that, I measured from ground to blk part of fender, like in the previous pictures from first time I measured after the install of lift.

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I didn't know that, I measured from ground to blk part of fender, like in the previous pictures from first time I measured after the install of lift.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/wp...lver-Rubicon-Jeep-Wrangler-JLU-1-780x405.jpeg

That's a stock Rubicon. We know in stock form the Jeep has a slight rake, meaning the front end is lower than the rear. However, if you look at the fenders you'll see the front fender is actually slightly higher even with the rake.

Sponsored

Johnny2018

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021JLUD
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I see,
Well its probably pretty even then, difference on mine is a little over an inch, so it probably does sit the same if not pretty close.

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped out my Mopar kit with the 3.5 Metalcloak GC yesterday. What a difference!

I gained exactly 1inch .. On the rock rails front and rear I now measure 23inches. With the Mopar I measured 22 inches front and rear with a 1inch spacer up front.

70839470_2466320070116684_5338120607731023872_o.jpg

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Ride was fantastic! Significant improvement over OEM. Not stiff, but I wouldn't call it plush either. It was just... comfortable. It'll never be a Cadillac, mind you, but it was easily the best riding (and handling) Jeep I've ever been in (until I got my newer suspension).
Swampcat...I know this is an old thread:). I noticed you said you got a newer suspension and it drove better than the MC Game changer...What did you you go with?

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Swampcat...I know this is an old thread:). I noticed you said you got a newer suspension and it drove better than the MC Game changer...What did you you go with?
Hey! No worries! Always happy to answer questions, if I can. The new suspension I got is a custom long-arm setup from the shop that sponsored me, Offroad Addiction, Inc in Edmond, Oklahoma. They designed and fabricated their own control arms and brackets, and then we used Falcon 3.3 series adjustable shocks, Teraflex springs and bumpstops, and SteerSmarts Yeti steering components. It rides better than the MC lift I had primarily due to the Falcon 3.3s (which you could add to the MC lift). And my setup is more capable off-road because the MC lift was a mid-arm lift, and a long-arm will always be inherently more capable off-road.

So, I still highly recommend the MC 3.5" GC lift in most cases, because my setup is highly customized (which requires more maintenance than the MC lift), and my setup isn't easily reproducible, unless you live near Edmond, OK. The MC lift is still, in my opinion, the best "off-the-shelf" lift on the market.

Hope that helps!
Sponsored