Finally Gave Up

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
You really don't grasp statistics, do you?

The majority of owners are still happy enough with their vehicles that they haven't sold/traded them in. Not sure what's confusing about the qualifier of "majority" is for you.

As for sour grapes...not me. First, our Jeep (on beadlocked 37s that were unbalanced for the first 5K miles) doesn't exhibit steering issues (or I'm just used to how 4wds with big tires drive). 2nd, neither Jeep is actually mine, so I don't really give a shit one way or the other.

Nice try at deflection though.
Just curious how many times you are going to edit and change your “come back” ?

I think you are a FCA employee.
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I totally get someone moving on from a headache. But I never understood the point in creating an individual thread about it. I had a bad experience with a Focus RS and moved on from, and I never felt the need to create a thread, it's not really contributing to the forum and, like any car forum, there are already subforums and threads dedicated to issues.

My 19 is my first Jeep/Wrangler. I read all the threads about the issues and I went in eyes wide open because my wife really wanted a Wrangler and I have a 18 Miata and an 18 Honda Odyssey that have both been proven to be reliable.

So far the Jeep has been far more enjoyable than either the wife or I anticipated. We fight over the keys and I guess it steers like a 4 wheel drive Jeep for me, I am not expecting it to drive like either my Miata (which is on colilovers) or the Odyssey. I do think there are more people than ever buying Wranglers and perhaps they are coming from passenger cars with completely different suspension setups that are made for the street, or perhaps there are real issues. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. So far no issues, no death wobble (I have aftermarket wheels, tires, and lift). Drives like a 4 wheel drive Jeep.

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I totally get someone moving on from a headache. But I never understood the point in creating an individual thread about it. I had a bad experience with a Focus RS and moved on from, and I never felt the need to create a thread, it's not really contributing to the forum and, like any car forum, there are already subforums and threads dedicated to issues.
Completely agree with this sentiment, it's just an attention grab designed to stir up shit...which it has successfully done I might add.

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I had a 2000 Wrangler a 2011 Wrangler 2Dr that we traded for a 12 4dr since we needed more room for our family.

The 12 we had early issues with. Cylinder Head and 2 transmissions. But once it got fixed the last time we never had a problem again.

It was bad when a 2018 JKU on the lot brand new drove like dream compared to the JLU right next to it.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual

My 19 is my first Jeep/Wrangler. I read all the threads about the issues and I went in eyes wide open because my wife really wanted a Wrangler and I have a 18 Miata and an 18 Honda Odyssey that have both been proven to be reliable.

So far the Jeep has been far more enjoyable than either the wife or I anticipated. We fight over the keys and I guess it steers like a 4 wheel drive Jeep for me, I am not expecting it to drive like either my Miata (which is on colilovers) or the Odyssey. I do think there are more people than ever buying Wranglers and perhaps they are coming from passenger cars with completely different suspension setups that are made for the street, or perhaps there are real issues. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. So far no issues, no death wobble (I have aftermarket wheels, tires, and lift). Drives like a 4 wheel drive Jeep.
Was it the seats, or was it one of the early batches with the bad head gaskets

I remember driving a FoST, fun car but I'm stocky and I wonder what skinny, eurotrash designer thought those seats were ideal (my Audi's recaros are perfect on the other hand)

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I do have a sinking feeling these "investigations" that are now ongoing will reveal some further mismanagement or quality issues at the factory.

I just had my 2019 completely and catastrophically dump all of its coolant as fast as it could all over the transmission, and it turned out to be a bad heater core from the factory. At 1500 miles - imagine if that happened on trail? I'll be out of the Jeep for 15 days before it ends up back in my hands. I'm gonna miss two weekends of wheeling and the probably the seasonal closure of Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail, won't be able to run it in the new rig until next summer.

I've driven like 200,000 miles in Audis and BMWs and barely had any major issues (and those were an N54-equpped 135i and a supercharged Audi S5 driven hard), and my first 1500 miles in an American car cause concern. It's honestly one of the most incredible vehicles I've owned, but it's hard to not see where people are coming from here with these concerns, having experienced this so early on in owning mine. I'm just hoping for a swift resolution to any lingering hiccups and reliable Jeeping for all, because otherwise this platform is absolutely unreal.
You have to realize EVERY manufacturer has parts catastrophically fail. Modem cars have a very low failure rate unless there was a major design flaw. Rest easily knowing that nobody else is having that issue so you literally just got "lucky" with a bad part.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
You have to realize EVERY manufacturer has parts catastrophically fail. Modem cars have a very low failure rate unless there was a major design flaw. Rest easily knowing that nobody else is having that issue so you literally just got "lucky" with a bad part.

These are just a few mentions of brand new heater cores in JLs going bad on here - if I get a second I’ll pull up the others I was looking at outside this forum during my limbo period before the dealer confirmed. It’s great we don’t have a 200 page topic on the issue, but it’s not an isolated case.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/heater-core-bad.6551/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ooo-ooo-that-air-conditioner-smell.16580/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/burning-smell-in-ventilation.12466/page-3#post-451843

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...l-rubicon-jeep-fixed.13941/page-5#post-344942

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/the-jeep-wave-or-not-jl-bias.16205/page-5#post-398870

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/leaking-transfer-case.6719/#post-144014

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ie-trading-jk-for-jl.24989/page-2#post-595355

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

arthurino

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
To the OP, enjoy your Tundra it is a great vehicle.I actually traded in my '16 1794 Tundra for the Rubicon. The Tundra was very comfortable and plush with excellent build quality but it was just way too big and not something I ever considered taking offroad despite it being 4 wheel drive. Granted it's only been a month, but my JL has provided me more smiles than the Tundra did in 3 years. Again, not bashing. Enjoy the Tundra and all the best.

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
Toyota makes great vehicles. My driveway is packed with 2 Wranglers and 3 Toyotas. But the problem with Toyotas is that they're the modern definition of BORING.

Somewhere along the line, Toyota decided that their vehicles should cater to Librarians, Accountants, and people that are scared by fun. Not necessarily a bad thing, but they're merely a vessel to carry you and your stuff from point A to B.