Finally Gave Up

leolo222

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’d really like to drive one of the affected jeeps too. I was thinking about this on my drive home last night going 65 on the highway without the slightest drift or play in the steering. Things only get squirrely in high cross-winds.

I can’t hate on Toyota though; I love my wife’s made-in-Japan 4Runner. I’d be a little less confident about a Tundra. What I really want for my wife is a landcruiser.
When we were buying our 2019 we first test drove a 2018 on the lot. It was hard to keep straight on the twisty country road. It was definitely work. fortunately, my wife wanted a certain color (bikini pearl) and we had to wait for a 2019 to come in (July). Up until that came in and we drove that one, I was telling my wife I didn't think she would want it as it was work to keep in the lane. Well the 2019 road a hell of a lot better. Not as good as her Cherokee we were getting rid of, but good enough that steering wasn't an issue for us. Point is, they have the right recipe, now just have to figure out how to follow it all they build.
Sponsored

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
interesting.. maybe I'm just easy- I have a very early build 2018 JLUR. Couple little gremlins.. steering issues. I love it and never once thought of trading it. Why do so many people today demand perfection of everything? People are not perfect, the items we produce will not be either. Everyone needs to relax a bit and enjoy and life.

If you are constantly looking for perfection, you will never be happy.

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
LOL...what's "amazing" is when someone ditches their vehicle b/c it has quality issues....then comes back to a forum dedicated to the same vehicle to post what a pile of shit it is.

There's nothing wrong with complaining about poor quality, but to come back here just to tell everyone how much better the new ride is.....just seems like sour grapes.

You moved on....good for you. The majority here are happy with their choice, so complaining about it is self-serving. I'm sure it might seem cathartic, but no one else really cares.

Personally, I warned the wife that Jeeps are piles of shit. We have two now. Both are hers. I'm a Toyota guy and they have their issues as well....just not nearly as often as FCA products in my anecdotal experience (backed by industry reliability surveys).

I also have a Ram 2500 4x4 with the Cummins....I don't think you're going to find it has much better quality than the Jeep, but that's just been my experience with it and the Jeeps. Good luck with it regardless.
Actually the "majority" is kind of an understatement. Go to the Loose Steering Forum. 290 + pages long now. I don't think most of them are too happy. And again the door forum is just starting.

And I do like coming here to see about the "other issues" if they are growing or not. I had zero intentions of posting either until I saw how most people were taking crap to the OP. So who has the sour grapes Sir ?

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Actually the "majority" is kind of an understatement. Go to the Loose Steering Forum. 290 + pages long now. I don't think most of them are too happy. And again the door forum is just starting.

And I do like coming here to see about the "other issues" if they are growing or not. I had zero intentions of posting either until I saw how most people were taking crap to the OP. So who has the sour grapes Sir ?
And it's not just 290+ pages of one single posts. It's multiple posts by multiple persons. Simple math, but if it helps you justify your displeasure then go for it. And I personally enjoy sour grapes. They make for a beautiful full flavor wine:like:

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
My jeep drives awesome, and it is comfortable as hell...also your name is Todd.

I have known 1 Todd in my life, he was also ridiculous.
This post got me thinking...

I've known two Todds..... both ridiculous.

Off topic.. but it made me laugh :)

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones out there who hasn't had any issues other than my Off Road Pages not being there but that was early on and I have them now. But, as for steering and overall drive quality and mechanics...I have a big frickin' goose egg of problems...none, nadda, zip, zilch, z-e-r-o...not one (knock on wood). Now, with that being said, people shouldn't have the expectation that Jeeps ride like a Cadillac or a Rolls and they should go into the purchase realizing that but it appears that a lot of them do not approach the vehicle in that manner. They are a "niche" off-road vehicle that has a purpose. Jeep has been kind enough to build a mall crawler type with all of the common luxuries of a Cadillac...the Sahara...but it's still a Jeep. Does the Jeep ride rough? Yea...rougher than other vehicles it competes with. It also has a solid front axle which contributes to this. And yes, it can be all over the road...especially since it's lifted. Might I also mention that Jeeps have the aerodynamics of a brick which doesn't help matters either. Overall, I'm very pleased with my JLUR.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I do have a sinking feeling these "investigations" that are now ongoing will reveal some further mismanagement or quality issues at the factory.

I just had my 2019 completely and catastrophically dump all of its coolant as fast as it could all over the transmission, and it turned out to be a bad heater core from the factory. At 1500 miles - imagine if that happened on trail? I'll be out of the Jeep for 15 days before it ends up back in my hands. I'm gonna miss two weekends of wheeling and the probably the seasonal closure of Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail, won't be able to run it in the new rig until next summer.

I've driven like 200,000 miles in Audis and BMWs and barely had any major issues (and those were an N54-equpped 135i and a supercharged Audi S5 driven hard), and my first 1500 miles in an American car cause concern. It's honestly one of the most incredible vehicles I've owned, but it's hard to not see where people are coming from here with these concerns, having experienced this so early on in owning mine. I'm just hoping for a swift resolution to any lingering hiccups and reliable Jeeping for all, because otherwise this platform is absolutely unreal.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
You are certainly not wrong to rid yourself of a troublesome vehicle. All of us have done that probably. But , as for me, I feel a whole lot better owning all American vehicles...even though they often cost more in maintenance and depreciation.
Good point! I try to buy "American Made" products when I can as well. But, realize there is NO SUCH THING as an "American Made" vehicle any more. My window sticker on my 2020 JLRU shows 19% of the parts are from Mexico, 58% are from US/Canada. That means the remaining 23% are probably from China, Japan and North Korea. In fact, in reference to the Toyota Tundra, there is an article out there called: "The Toyota Tundra: More American than the Ram, Silverado, Sierra and Titan", meaning it is composed of more American made products than the other trucks.

I get your point. Just giving you a hard time. Toyota is (or was) a Japanese based company and Jeep is based in our backyard. But, the days of buying a vehicle made exclusively in America is a thing of the past. :flag:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

it must be a tuesday/monday posting day. yall are on a good old online bash each other over an opinion. let it be what it is. people trade their cars in for other cars due to problems, change of heart. and plain dislike. it is what it is. Can we all just get along and enjoy being human beings that are alive and healthy. just so you all know. Congrats on the new TDR pro Tundra. I hope you enjoy it and get it wheeling as you would have with you jeep if it met your expectations without all the issues. thanks for sharing your thoughts but remember The Jeep community would love to have you back some day when the bugs are fixed. Hope to see you on the trail.
Sponsored