Finally Gave Up

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Finally broke down and traded in my Moab for a 2019 Tundra TRD Pro. Couldn't take the steering, rattles and uncomfortable seat any more. I must say my toyota is a pleasure to drive, steering is straight and effortless and comfortable with the V8 power.
Sponsored

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
You have to do what makes you happy. I did the opposite and traded my Tundra years ago for a Wrangler JK Sport but knew what to expect considering I owned a YJ in 97’. Great truck but for me, there was no fun factor like the Jeep provides.

Sponsored

jimmydarnell

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL sport
Good for you. I'm going to hang in a little longer hoping they figure it out.

Really frustrating the people that don't have steering issues not sticking behind us with issues. Its not sour grapes or thinking its a replacement. IT SUCKS TO DRIVE AND STRESSFUL. Ive had 7 different Jeeps, its not a Jeep thing. Some are messed up. Wish yall were close enough to come drive mine. Terrible.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope they dial in the fix for the ones that really need it. i dont believe it is just a steering damper that is the problem. i hate that the problem is bad enough to need to get rid of such a fun vehicle. good luck with the tundra!

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase

Really frustrating the people that don't have steering issues not sticking behind us with issues. Its not sour grapes or thinking its a replacement. IT SUCKS TO DRIVE AND STRESSFUL. Ive had 7 different Jeeps, its not a Jeep thing. Some are messed up. Wish yall were close enough to come drive mine. Terrible.
I just bought the https://www.quadratec.com/p/fox-rac...es-2-ats-steering-stabilizer-jeep-wrangler-jl. We shouldn't have to spend $350 to make our vehicles do something it should do from the factory....drive in a straight line, but it was just too stressful on the interstate

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

I have steering issues of my own. Been in the shop 4 times for a total of 6 weeks.

I'd still rather drive a Jeep than a Toyota though.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
You are certainly not wrong to rid yourself of a troublesome vehicle. All of us have done that probably. But , as for me, I feel a whole lot better owning all American vehicles...even though they often cost more in maintenance and depreciation.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase

I’d really like to drive one of the affected jeeps too. I was thinking about this on my drive home last night going 65 on the highway without the slightest drift or play in the steering. Things only get squirrely in high cross-winds.

I can’t hate on Toyota though; I love my wife’s made-in-Japan 4Runner. I’d be a little less confident about a Tundra. What I really want for my wife is a landcruiser.

chadc880

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
All of y'll talking crap is simply amazing. I too just traded into a 2019 Ram. And its like getting rid of a bad ex girlfriend. I loved my Sahara. Bought tons of add ons and had it just right. But it drove like shit. Looked beautiful, got lots of compliments too. But it was constantly in the shop. Then the last dealer told me not to take my Jeep to their dealer for anymore repairs.

Loose Steering Issues you do not see any media outlets reporting this. Only the frame and death wobble bull crap.

But just wait. Its the inner sub frames on the doors that are going to make many of y'll take it all back.

Many of y'll don't know this, But yes the Inner Sub Frames on the Aluminum doors are coming "unbonded"

Meaning FCA has some special stuff they bond the steel sub frame to the aluminum door skin together. This is what holds your hinges and gives the door striker the added support it needs. This includes your side impact door beam comes unbonded.

The bond is failing and the doors will start making a creaking noise. Usually begins with the drivers door and then the other doors.

At this time the only fix is to replace the door itself and have it or your Jeep repainted.

Oh and if you really want to have some fun, go jump on the Gladiator forum and look at all the issues people are having right off the lot. Its unbelievable.
Sponsored