JCR not standing behind their Part

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
7975CCC5-3B38-40ED-B608-CD38F74B3DD0.jpeg
233C84F1-D977-4976-AC9B-076E6A73ED19.jpeg
I’m so disipointed with JCR, a part on their adventure tire carrier failed, ok, no big deal, parts fail it’s ok, BUT I’ve spent no less than 4,000.00 for their front bumper, rock sliders, rear bumper and adventure tire carrier and Kevin the general manager feels that it’s more important to charge me 20.00 than continue his relationship with a great customer. I had a conversation with him at 2018 SEMA and explained that this part really didn’t work very well and needed some upgrading. Guess he felt then my feed back didn’t matter, cause the part did fail 9 months later. When people see me using a bolt to hold open my tire carrier, I’m just gonna tell them why.
I’m not going to pay them for a replacement. They have the time and money to build a Barbie beach Jeep but not stand behind a 20.00 dollar part. Just went from a advocate to, well not so much a fan.
There are so many great choices on the market for these parts, I wish I had gone with someone else. Standing behind your product is key to customer satisfaction and continued life in this highly competing market. @JcrOffroad
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Yeah, they aren't the only ones. I had a similar experience with @lodoffroad . I spent nearly $2000 on a rear bumper setup and was short a $9 bearing seal. Chris said they have strict procedures to make sure no parts are missing and refused to send one out even after I sent him pictures of what I had received. I bought a seal from the local auto parts store and won't be buying any more LoD products.

I had the completely opposite experience with @Metalcloak. I was sent the wrong size bolt with a diff skid. I emailed them a picture on a weekend and got a response on Sunday. They sent out the correct bolt right away, no questions asked.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You got zipped, Dick! Sorry, had to do it. (Great screen name, though!)

Seriously, sorry you had a bad experience!

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
From our warranty policy:
JcrOffroad Warranty and Replacement Information:
All JcrOffroad manufactured product is covered by a Lifetime Replacement Warranty. We guarantee our product to be free of manufacturing defects. Due to the intended use of our product, our warranty does not cover product damaged sustained from offroad use or accidents. Product hardware and accessories (latches, lights, bolts, etc...) are not included under any part of our warranty.

Those pins are meant to hold the carrier open, not stop a swinging carrier. They CAN sheer if enough weight gets swinging fast enough on the carrier. We aren't sure what caused your specific issue, or how your discussion with Kevin went, but usually that part costs more than $20 to a customer's door, so we assume he offered it to you shipped at our cost? All we can do is approach each issue on a case by case basis, but we are sorry if our solution was not satisfactory.

OP
OP
DickZip

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Not a well thought out response JCR, now you are assuming I misused my equipment, did you ask for a photo to substantiate your claim? Nope.
The fact that your items you sell are going on a Jeep almost guarantees they will be used off-road.
Lets see, what is you advertising slogan...
Oh yeah, BUILT FOR WHATEVER

You need to change that to,
built for whatever but only at the mall
Or maybe
built for whatever but not sustained off-road use

What good are your products if you can’t use them, do the right thing

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
our warranty does not cover product damaged sustained from offroad use
Why would anyone ever buy a JCR product if it is not covered for off road use?

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Glad I saw this we were going to get the JCR tire carrier...cannot be used off road??
Thanks for the post and info...saves people headaches
Our warranty covers product damage due to "normal use" caused by a defect in our manufacturing or design. The "between the lines" on off-road use, is that it's covered on a case by case basis. This is because we had cases in the past of product being obviously abused offroad. Like running into rocks and trees at full-throttle abused. Deformation past the limits of the material used is not something we can warranty. It's VERY rare that this is an issue, however.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Our warranty covers product damage due to "normal use" caused by a defect in our manufacturing or design. The "between the lines" on off-road use, is that it's covered on a case by case basis. This is because we had cases in the past of product being obviously abused offroad. Like running into rocks and trees at full-throttle abused. Deformation past the limits of the material used is not something we can warranty. It's VERY rare that this is an issue, however.

Ok, I can understand Off road abuse, but that not what was stated. What was stated was Off road use.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
From our warranty policy:
JcrOffroad Warranty and Replacement Information:
All JcrOffroad manufactured product is covered by a Lifetime Replacement Warranty. We guarantee our product to be free of manufacturing defects. Due to the intended use of our product, our warranty does not cover product damaged sustained from offroad use or accidents. Product hardware and accessories (latches, lights, bolts, etc...) are not included under any part of our warranty.

Those pins are meant to hold the carrier open, not stop a swinging carrier. They CAN sheer if enough weight gets swinging fast enough on the carrier. We aren't sure what caused your specific issue, or how your discussion with Kevin went, but usually that part costs more than $20 to a customer's door, so we assume he offered it to you shipped at our cost? All we can do is approach each issue on a case by case basis, but we are sorry if our solution was not satisfactory.

I figured I’d quote this before they get smart and change their reply. This is about the worst response one could ever hope for. Definitely have zero interest in spending my money with a company that acts like this. You’d all be wise to look at this response and seriously consider other manufacturers that make an effort to take care of their customers.

Offering a part at cost or not, all it takes is, hey give us a call so we can get some more info and try to make this right. Hiding behind the text of a warranty without all the facts isn’t customer service.

Sponsored

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
I figured I’d quote this before they get smart and change their reply. This is about the worst response one could ever hope for. Definitely have zero interest in spending my money with a company that acts like this. You’d all be wise to look at this response and seriously consider other manufacturers that make an effort to take care of their customers.

Offering a part at cost or not, all it takes is, hey give us a call so we can get some more info and try to make this right. Hiding behind the text of a warranty without all the facts isn’t customer service.

@JcrOffroad... There is a difference between being "right" and being "customer oriented". If the gentleman truly spent $4000 with JCR, then Kevin should be fired. This is about twenty dollars. I cannot believe that JCR put itself it this situation where most people on this forum will have a negative view of JCR because of a 20 dollar bill. Are you just selling parts, or are you selling customer satisfaction. I am not siding with anyone here, just the fact that if the customer screwed up, then he should have been told this is not how the part was designed to be used and we are going to give you a "one time" exception and we will ship you a new part.

I have been considering the Adventure tire carrier very seriously and I have called and spoken with Corey with some of my questions on two occasions and he has been very nice and professional in answering my questions.

I am hopeful that Kevin was having a bad day and will reach out to the individual and make it well.

Parts? service? experience? Look at all the bad press you are getting over $20.

Enough said!

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
@JcrOffroad... There is a difference between being "right" and being "customer oriented". If the gentleman truly spent $4000 with JCR, then Kevin should be fired. This is about twenty dollars. I cannot believe that JCR put itself it this situation where most people on this forum will have a negative view of JCR because of a 20 dollar bill. Are you just selling parts, or are you selling customer satisfaction. I am not siding with anyone here, just the fact that if the customer screwed up, then he should have been told this is not how the part was designed to be used and we are going to give you a "one time" exception and we will ship you a new part.

I have been considering the Adventure tire carrier very seriously and I have called and spoken with Corey with some of my questions on two occasions and he has been very nice and professional in answering my questions.

I am hopeful that Kevin was having a bad day and will reach out to the individual and make it well.

Parts? service? experience? Look at all the bad press you are getting over $20.

Enough said!
This!!!

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
Hiding behind the text of a warranty without all the facts isn’t customer service.
Dragging the true details of a situation with a customer out in the open isn't really geat customer service either. We made the decision to reply with our official policy on the hardware (that's a direct copy from our website) and an explanation of why the failure happened. We could have also made the decision to say, "Sorry, our mistake, we will get that part out to you ASAP." But we didn't.

So people can read this thread and either think we are the dumbest company ever, or that there is more to the story.

If anyone has questions about our products or warranty (not related to this situation) please feel free to contact our customer service team at 269-353-1184 or [email protected]

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I had the completely opposite experience with @Metalcloak. I was sent the wrong size bolt with a diff skid. I emailed them a picture on a weekend and got a response on Sunday. They sent out the correct bolt right away, no questions asked.
Id like to add to that. I got a full set of control arms USED from another member here . Two of the duroflex bushing had torn rubber from the inner metal ball where the bolt goes through. Emailed them asking if that was normal. Not only did they say no, it's not normal but they sent me FOUR bushings free of charge. Metalcloak is top notch.
Sponsored

Last edited: