Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
How much taller is your Jeep now with the rack? I want to get a gobi rack but it needs to fit in the garage. How do you like it so far? It looks great!
My Rubicon Unlimited with hard top is measuring 76&1/2 in the front at the tallest point and 77&3/4 in the rear at the tallest point. Stock suspension and stock tires.
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Nixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Gutter mounted, so it really depends on what you’re planning to do with it. It’s 70lbs to start, so you’re talking, what an additional 100-130lbs max for dynamic weight? Couple bikes or camp supplies: sure, roof top tent: no way.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong on the numbers.
My plan is for a shovel, axe, Maxtrax, a hi-lift and rotopax. I think I should be ok weight wise. Also appealing $$ wise and the fact that it can come off easily when needed

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

Sponsored

CapsKorner

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab Ed.
I bought a RhinoRack Vortex Gutter mount for my 2019 JLU to run a fill size RhinoRack Batwing on it. My first trip will be 1800 miles cross country.. Any concerns about the Gutter holding up? I don't want to be in the middle of my trip and something breaks up there...the batwing is too long to fit inside..

Thanks for the feedback - just looking for some confidence from people with experience.

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
I bought a RhinoRack Vortex Gutter mount for my 2019 JLU to run a fill size RhinoRack Batwing on it. My first trip will be 1800 miles cross country.. Any concerns about the Gutter holding up? I don't want to be in the middle of my trip and something breaks up there...the batwing is too long to fit inside..

Thanks for the feedback - just looking for some confidence from people with experience.
I used the Mopar gutter roof rack to hold mine. It worked great. No issues. I have since replaced it but it was because it was only a temporary solution while I was waiting for more roof racks to be released.

American Adventurist

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 StingGray JLUR
Gutter mounted, so it really depends on what you’re planning to do with it. It’s 70lbs to start, so you’re talking, what an additional 100-130lbs max for dynamic weight? Couple bikes or camp supplies: sure, roof top tent: no way.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong on the numbers.
You are correct.

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
I received the rack from Garvin and installed it this past weekend. It seems like a well designed and very sturdy rack.

UPDATE: I ended up returning the rack. If you would like details on why please message me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Stoney126

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 7.3 superduty4x4/ 17 blacktop rt charger/2000 xj
Does Garvin ever have sales? I'm looking at the half rack as I had a full rack on my jk and still have attachment pieces that would work. The 799 price tag is a bit much right now. Just curious

furrandchalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
SMS/Exposed racks still aren’t on the list? Some of them are explicitly advertised for RTTs, and with a 300lb or greater dynamic load rating. No-drill and roof mounted... but there are photos/videos of them being used with full-size RTTs without any problems.

https://www.smsparts.com/product-page/8-00-9658-bk-solid-tent-800-pkg-jl-jlu-txt-blk

https://www.smsparts.com/product-page/8-00-9659-bk

I was interested, but think we’re going with the Ursa Minor instead, whenever it’s finally released. Most RTTs seem like they’d be a heavy pain in the ass

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Does Garvin ever have sales? I'm looking at the half rack as I had a full rack on my jk and still have attachment pieces that would work. The 799 price tag is a bit much right now. Just curious
Message me before you buy