Sponsored

Lights that I'll rarely use

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I'll probably rarely use the light bar or pod lights, but I still want them just in case I ever need them.

I'm just looking for the cheapest ones that you would recommend. I've seen a lot on Amazon and searched here but I created this thread so it's all in one place rather than searching all the other threads.
Sponsored

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I have been in the same boat, I didn't want to waste money on lights that would rarely be used. I just pulled the trigger on a deal one of our site sponsors offered here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/pro-comp-lighting-blow-out-sale.38133/

$75 for good cube lights is a real deal. I just wanted more of the wide angle for the forest trails I do, and these will be much better than the stock LEDs for that. You're much better off finding deals like that than buying cheap lights that may not work when you really do need them. These two cube lights will be better than a cheap large light bar, so a great option if you don't want to spend tons on a good light bar.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Harbor Freight sells a big led light bar for what seems reasonably priced, plus coupon

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
I feel the same. I don't plan on doing any night time trail riding but wanted something in case I got caught out at night sometime. I got an auxbeam 12" from Amazon for like $37.
While I haven't used it off road yet, I have used it on the road at night with nobody around and think it will work perfectly for what I want it for.
20190920_212811.jpg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The Amazon and Ebay ones are fine. The only pain if you have to wire and solder them yourself. The high end brands are plug and play.

I'd strongly discourage you from getting a light bar. They are loud, cause wind buffeting, and catch wind while on the highway causing you to blow around in your lane. Your jeep will ride like crap.

Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I use the Quadratec cubes. A set of floods and and spots. Didn't break the bank for the times I use them in the mountains. I'm sure the others are better but I turn these on and they light pitch black mountain roads up.

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have been in the same boat, I didn't want to waste money on lights that would rarely be used. I just pulled the trigger on a deal one of our site sponsors offered here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/pro-comp-lighting-blow-out-sale.38133/

$75 for good cube lights is a real deal. I just wanted more of the wide angle for the forest trails I do, and these will be much better than the stock LEDs for that. You're much better off finding deals like that than buying cheap lights that may not work when you really do need them. These two cube lights will be better than a cheap large light bar, so a great option if you don't want to spend tons on a good light bar.
Thanks, I emailed Todd to see if it's still on sale.

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Amazon and Ebay ones are fine. The only pain if you have to wire and solder them yourself. The high end brands are plug and play.

I'd strongly discourage you from getting a light bar. They are loud, cause wind buffeting, and catch wind while on the highway causing you to blow around in your lane. Your jeep will ride like crap.
I don't want those driving issues, but what about a 30" mounted to the hood?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I don't want those driving issues, but what about a 30" mounted to the hood?
I haven't done a 30" on the hood ut have seen people complain about the noise from them.

I did the 50-52" about the window on a couple jeeps and it was obnoxious. I know have double pod lights on the A-Pillar and prefer that. No noise or driving impact.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
If you aren’t going to use it much I would not recommend a light bar unless it’s a small one on the bumper. So much wind noise and glare if mounted up top. Get some good cubes.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I use my headlights in case I’m still in my Jeep after dark. I can highly recommend them.
Where did you get your headlights. Mine did not come with them from the factory. I forgot to order them with the build - instead I opted for the floor mats which are not so helpful at night...
Sponsored