Sponsored

Key Fob - Button Depresses and Key ACTIVATES - 1st world problems

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
No issue here, I believe the key fob is just a personal issue to some people. Determined to have a complaint

PUNISHMENT24

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR STING-GRAY
I wrap a few hair ties around mine... added benefit if we are out of the house and wife needs one... I always have one hahaha

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I wrap a few hair ties around mine... added benefit if we are out of the house and wife needs one... I always have one hahaha
Better make sure if there's any hair on it, it's same color as hers! :whew:

I guess i'm weird, I use it like a fidget spinner and click it open and snap it shut in my pocket when I'm walking.

PUNISHMENT24

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR STING-GRAY
Better make sure if there's any hair on it, it's same color as hers! :whew:

I guess i'm weird, I use it like a fidget spinner and click it open and snap it shut in my pocket when I'm walking.
Ahhahahaha well tht would be awkward. I feel the key gonna break off if I bend with it open and snap it off the hinge

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Someone else must have already solved this.... is there a good Fob pocket available or wide rubber band someone has employed to keep that durn key in place? i put the fob in my front pocket and 93.365% of the time when i retrieve it, the key is out. (i hear you... wear looser pants, put it in my manpurse... etc. no i'm looking for a solution that keeps the key in place or relatively in place)

Quick search of amazon this is something similar but at 2.5" it's too big, need about 1.5" or 1.75"

Before i make a run to the hobby lobby or lowes and size up rubber bands, or randomly select something to ship from amazon, i thought i'd canvas the community to see who else is "suffering" from this 1st world problem :) and has come up with a more creative solution

https://www.amazon.com/Tulip-31627-...&sr=8-4&keywords=wide+rubber+bands+heavy+duty
;)when asking my wife for a solution she suggest this (body) "parts store:"

https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My solution, that's a medium-sized carabiner. Home Depot ,Lowe's or even your local sports shop you can get any size you wish .I went with the larger option cuz I have clumsy thumbs, LOL. no opening of the key!

20190916_071320.jpg

20190916_071044.jpg

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I just received the silicone key fob cover today, within 4 hours the key popped open three times! that sucker is going back tomorrow! I'm going with the ranger band!

Sponsored

irayspot

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jl
Occupation
Millwright
I open the fog and inserted some foam in the spring to make it harder to press the buttom.

60317363-E003-4E9A-82BA-37DDDA99200E.jpeg
Sponsored