Sponsored

OPINION? Are falcon 3.3 shocks overated?

Are Falcon shocks any good?

• Total voters

Kansascoast

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, 2drJL
I’ve been looking into premium shocks and suspension components, and while I was initially very interested in falcon shocks, I’ve been finding more and more mixed reviews.

So the question is, are falcon 3.3 shocks really that great? What experience have you all had with them, and what are some other alternatives in a similar price range??[/QUOTE

I put the 3.3’s of my 2dr non-lifted Rubicon and I really like them. The adjustments are easy and each adjustment provides a noticeable change in ride. It seems that the “2” setting is slightly firmer than stock and that is just what I like for everyday driving. And...they are a very high quality product.
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been looking into premium shocks and suspension components, and while I was initially very interested in falcon shocks, I’ve been finding more and more mixed reviews.

So the question is, are falcon 3.3 shocks really that great? What experience have you all had with them, and what are some other alternatives in a similar price range??
I currently have falcon 3.3 SP2 and a set of accutune fox 2.0 RR. I've probably had 4-5 different sets of shocks, but these two are the last ones for me. At the lowest / softest on the falcons, they're still sightly and I mean slightly stiffer than the custom valved accutune shocks. Some of the little stuff in the road is more noticeable to me but my apathetic wife said she didn't really notice any big difference between the two. The accutune shocks do soak up a little better but introduce some body roll and sway where the falcons have none.

Really just depends what you sre looking for, boaty and soaking up bumps or planted with a little road feedback. I will say on windy days, you certainly feel the push more when you're on the fox setup. Either way they're both good and they're both close enough to eachother that you would be happy with both.

IMG_20190905_122117.jpg

OP
OP
cwadle

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have falcon 3.3 SP2 and a set of accutune fox 2.0 RR. I've probably had 4-5 different sets of shocks, but these two are the last ones for me. At the lowest / softest on the falcons, they're still sightly and I mean slightly stiffer than the custom valved accutune shocks. Some of the little stuff in the road is more noticeable to me but my apathetic wife said she didn't really notice any big difference between the two. The accutune shocks do soak up a little better but introduce some body roll and sway where the falcons have none.

Really just depends what you sre looking for, boaty and soaking up bumps or planted with a little road feedback. I will say on windy days, you certainly feel the push more when you're on the fox setup. Either way they're both good and they're both close enough to eachother that you would be happy with both.

IMG_20190905_122117.jpg
Thats what im looking for, I dont mind a slightly stiffer ride, for the overall quality benefit.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
if you wheel the crap out of your rig you will love the adjustable Falcons, if you want something that performs well going to the mall get some Gabriel's! i paired the Falcons with the MC gamechanger and couldnt be more pleased. but my rigs meant to wheel. i find it a cross between desert prerunner and rock crawler. the adjustments are awesome! i move much quicker through terrain the rest of my crew crawls thru. significantly quicker.

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
never ran em in hard huh? i think you may have missed entirely what they are capable of but im glad you are happy with your new ones.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
never ran em in hard huh? i think you may have missed entirely what they are capable of but im glad you are happy with your new ones.
I haven't been high speed offroad with any of the shocks I had, but I think part of that is the fact that I am stuck in Illinois.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been high speed offroad with any of the shocks I had, but I think part of that is the fact that I am stuck in Illinois.
different places do require different builds. its all about where and what you do with your rig. the most important is that you are happy with your rig.
Sponsored