Fox ATS JK steering stabilizer on a JL?

OP
OP

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So just got this mounted and am having some interference issues with the tie rod at the track bar mounted end. Body of the stabilizer hits the tie rod at full lock right turns with the suspension stuffed. May have to look into a relocation bracket. Anyone else notice this? I really don't want to adjust my steering stops and lose turning radius if I don't have to.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
So just got this mounted and am having some interference issues with the tie rod at the track bar mounted end. Body of the stabilizer hits the tie rod at full lock right turns with the suspension stuffed. May have to look into a relocation bracket. Anyone else notice this? I really don't want to adjust my steering stops and lose turning radius if I don't have to.
What stabilizer mount are you using at the axle end?

kheidolph

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm using the stud mount that came with the ATS.
I'm looking at doing this same setup (Fox ATS for JK on a JL with stock steering/suspension components). Were you able to resolve the interference issues? I appreciate your feedback. Also, did you get any photos of the interference you were experiencing?

Sponsored

OP
OP

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'm looking at doing this same setup (Fox ATS for JK on a JL with stock steering/suspension components). Were you able to resolve the interference issues? I appreciate your feedback. Also, did you get any photos of the interference you were experiencing?
Several people have said they don't have interference issues. That wasn't the case for me. I'm using the Metalcloak bracket now. I had to drill the hole out larger and get a thicker spacer from fox to make it all work.

kheidolph

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Several people have said they don't have interference issues. That wasn't the case for me. I'm using the Metalcloak bracket now. I had to drill the hole out larger and get a thicker spacer from fox to make it all work.
Thanks. That seems to happen often with accessories. Works for one person but not another...even on stock setups. I think I will probably go with the Teraflex Falcon 2.2 stabilizer since it's a little smaller and will likely not have the clearance issues. Also managed to find a deal to get it for $290 shipped to me. So that's another big incentive!

I appreciate the feedback.

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Oh i know i will be haha mines installed. Cool pic!

076F83F2-989D-44E1-AA74-E07795B3157C.jpeg
What relocation bracket is this on the TB side? I am having clearance issues with my Fox 2.0 TS hitting the tie rod bar at full lock to the right.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
What relocation bracket is this on the TB side? I am having clearance issues with my Fox 2.0 TS hitting the tie rod bar at full lock to the right.
That was the metalcloak one in that pic

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, I’m a fan of MetalCloak and running their 3.5 lift. You mentioned you had to modify the bracket?
I did? Lol that was so long ago and ive been through so many renditions of the jeep i honestly dont remember
Sponsored