IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, I’m posting this in the sting grey thread because I know you guys won’t crucify me, because I’m one of the group...

So we all remember the first time we grinded gears on our first manual transmission, right? You remember the shame you feel? The fear that you damaged something? Only to go on the forums and read that grinding gears every once in awhile isn’t really that big of a deal as long as it doesn’t happen to often?

Well, I need that reassuring support now...

The other day I took my Jeep to a dirt and gravel road (very compact, with very good traction) and I drove around for a few hundred feet in 4hi and 4lo, to test out the transfer case and make sure my lockers worked.

Now, reading all about binding and realizing maybe the dirt road wasn’t that smart of a place to test out my 4hi/4lo/lockers, I feel great shame.

Again, it was only a few hundred feet of driving and not much turning at all. Am I okay?
You'll be fine. I remember one member saying that they accidentally left it in 4H for a couple of weeks. How they didn't notice, I don't know since turning is a bitch in 4. Sure, 4L isn't meant for terrain with traction but as long as it engaged and worked, you're fine. Don't sweat it. Now if it didn't engage properly or you heard a bunch of grinding (which I'm sure you would have mentioned) then I'd be concerned.
Sponsored

mint

First Name
Jam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR SG Matching top & fenders - ordered 3/27
I spent months trying to decide between billet silver, ocean blue, and sting gray. Drove all of them and decided on the sting gray. The longer I drive it, the more I’m convinced I made the right decision. I get stares everywhere I go. Added a lift and wheels and she’s a beauty. Can’t wait to take her camping and off road.

5B8BCB2F-383F-407B-AEE5-758A97C28C27.jpeg
looks great - size of the wheels and tries? Thanks!

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine a couple of months. Just did lift wheels and tires over the past week.
jeep40-jpg.jpg

jeep39-jpg.jpg

jeep44-jpg.jpg
What size are you MXT's and how do you like them, i am in a full tire panic now.. about to place my order..
looks awesome.. making me rethink my wheels, the mrw701 look great on the sting gray

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Wheels were the hardest thing for me to decide. Next was tires. Ordered Patagonias yesterday and hope to see them mounted on my wheels today.

km58501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Wheels were the hardest thing for me to decide. Next was tires. Ordered Patagonias yesterday and hope to see them mounted on my wheels today.
My Patagonia tires are great so far. Good ride and reasonably quiet for a M/T.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
What size are you MXT's and how do you like them, i am in a full tire panic now.. about to place my order..
looks awesome.. making me rethink my wheels, the mrw701 look great on the sting gray
@SleepEatJeepRepeat the MXTs are a great tire and look every bit as nice as the Cooper STT Pros. For a mud terrain tire, they aren't very loud and I run my jeep quite a bit without my doors and top on. For reference, I have 295/70/18s on my JL.

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

Sponsored

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Yeah I love how the 701's look.
The MXT's are 315/70r17's. They run a little short mine measure 33.7" tall. I like them so far and they are quiet for a mud tire but not silent. You will hear a tiny bit of that mud tire hum but nothing like you would expect from looking at the tread pattern. They ride well but I need to dial in my air pressure still running the 36lbs the came aired up with.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Thanks. Yeah I love how the 701's look.
The MXT's are 315/70r17's. They run a little short mine measure 33.7" tall. I like them so far and they are quiet for a mud tire but not silent. You will hear a tiny bit of that mud tire hum but nothing like you would expect from looking at the tread pattern. They ride well but I need to dial in my air pressure still running the 36lbs the came aired up with.
Second that, I’m really happy with my 701s!

1DC28207-B80C-46C9-986C-4C5B2E479860.jpeg

6AB61855-8316-4B22-96DD-8448A5B7C4A7.jpeg

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A few pics from wheeling this past weekend. Testing the stock suspension on Saxon Mountain trail outside of Georgetown, CO.
35s on stock suspension correct?
Sponsored